Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Achsah Rathan KumarYour feedback matters!
I am Madhu 30 years old male my height is 5.8" I much weight I should be as per age and height now I am 85 kgs feeling very unhappy about it .how to loss my weight?
Hello sir, What should I do for my fatty stomach. Please tell me which food i need to take for reduce my stomach?
Hall sir mujhe kai dino se chakkar as raja hair air kamjori bhi hai. Please aap iski koi dawaai bataaiye.
I'm 64, tall, 78kg, living in semi rural area. No family background of diabetes & hypertn. Taking medicine. For hypertension. For last 8- 10 yrs. Due to frequent & uncontrolled urination in mar 2013, got fbs cheched which was 307. Hence started taking mdcn. Presently taking tetan 40 & metolar xr-12. 5 for htn and glychek m 80, cobadex czs, trinerve forte, deplatt cv and urax d. I've enlarged prostrate problem also. Diabetic diet continuing. At times taking non veg. Also. No morning walk. Could I totally get rid of diabetes and lead a normal life without medicines.
I am 25 years old. My very thin I eat a lot yet I don't get weight. My chain smoker does it affects?
I'm 17 year old male. I want to gain fat in face. What should I do? Please suggest me with appropriate food to gain fast.
Eating 500g rice 6 banana and 6 tea spoon of glucose everyday uupto 7 days is it ok? Or causes blood sugar?
I have a problem in gaining weight all my family members r healthy but I am not now want to gain fat I eat many things like fruits, green vegetables but nt effective.
I am a 16 year old teenage boy. I am very fat. Naturally how can I loose my weight within a short period of time?
I want to increase my weight and stamina too. I feel suffocation if you walf even for 1 km. And feel weakness too.
Kidney failure and other kidney problems are the leading causes of death nowadays. Common problems that lead to kidney failure include chronic blood pressure and chronic uncontrolled diabetes. However, there are a number of ayurvedic medications which help solve kidney failure and other kidney problems including;
- Punarnava: Punarnava is commonly called hogweed as well but the medical name for it is boerhavia diffusa. It is extremely helpful in preventing micturition, a disorder which is characterized by unexplained fainting after urinating. However, that is not the only symptoms hogweed helps with as it also removes excess water from the body due to kidney failure.
- Varun: Varun is commonly known as caper and is medically known as crataeva nurvala. The diseases which varun is best at dealing with are urinary tract infections and renal stones. Varun also helps in stopping the swelling and extra fluid accumulation after kidney failure.
- Gokshura: Gokshura is known as tribulus terrestris and is an herbal tonic for the genito-urinary system. Gokshura is one of the best ways to avoid dialysis. This is because it stops infections from occurring and also clears obstructions in the urinary tract. It is also very good at regenerating the kidney cells.
- Raktachandan: Rakt chandan is known as p. Santalinus or red sandalwood and is another excellent remedy for kidney problems. It acts as both a diuretic and an anti-infectant.
- Palaash: Palaash, medically, is known as butea monosperma. It is a type of urinary alkalizer and it also stops micturition. A urinary alkalizer is a medication which allows the urine to pass more easily. This is yet another great remedy for kidney failure.
- Kaasni: Kaasni is commonly known as chicory but its medical name is cichorium intybus. Kaasni gives strength to the kidneys and is also a very good alkalizer. However, its most valuable property is the fact that it helps in nephritis and nephrotic syndrome (disorder of the kidneys characterized by protein loss).
Hi I am a 35 year old male. I was practising yoga for a couple of months and doing breathing exercises. Also took some medicine during that period for my allergic bronchial cough. I noticed that the skin on the tips of my fingers and also the balls of the feet were slightly tight with less sensitivity and also with discoloration. Don' t know if this is because of pressure cause while doing exercise or the allergic reaction to the yoga mat. Also was an ayurvedic hair oil during the period and unsure if this had caused by any of these?
Hello sir I am atul pandey from delhi sir I want to about best weight gainer method bcz I am 17 year old and my weight around 42 can I help me sir?
Ragi has always been known as a highly nutritious foodgrain, rich in calcium. You might notice the power of ragi when you visit the maharashtrian countryside. Known colloquially as'nachni, a staple diet of these'naachni bhaakris' and'pitla' has been the main reason behind generations of lean yet robust kids.
Finger millet is the english equivalent of ragi. Also, predominantly, used in south india, it is also a rich source of protein, fiber, iron and other minerals.
It is more nutritious than other cereals and has a host of health benefits.
1. Weight loss
Ragi is very high on fiber. Hence, it digests slowly, keeping you full for a longer time and helps you avoid excessive food consumption. This helps you shed kilos and keeps you fit.
The high fiber in ragi helps to clear bowels smoothly everyday and prevents constipation.
Due to its slow digestion rate, ragi helps lower blood sugar levels. Hence, diabetics can enjoy ragi rotis/pancakes without the fear of affecting their sugar levels.
3. Bone strength
Ragi is very rich in calcium. It can be easily substituted for milk (in case of lactose intolerance) to get your daily calcium dose. You can also have ragi flour kanji as a great source of calcium. Ragi porridge can be given to growing children for bone development and to elders to avoid osteoporosis.
4. Gluten free
Ragi is free of gluten which is found in wheat and its products. Hence ragi can be easily taken by gluten sensitive people.
5. Cholesterol control
Highly fibrous, ragi helps control and lower bad cholesterol levels.
Ragi is also rich in iron and hence can be beneficial for people with anemia.
Ragi mixed with milk works wonders for infants. For the elder kids, naachni khakrashighlight the health-conscious man's snack section during tea breaks. There is a huge list of south indian dishes which feature several ragi permutations and combinations (eg. Ragi idlis, ragi dosas, ragi rasam, etc.)
All in all, in the company of ragi, you have no choice but to stay healthy!