Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Miss KalpanaYour feedback matters!
Sir. I usually get tired in any little bit work. And my concentration power is also low. Please suggest me. Please.
I am suffering from skin allergy since Feb 2016. Consulted 2doctors Given me levocetirizine +prednisolone But didn't work. My skin got red all over n itching. Chest, arms palm, legs Kindly suggest. Thanks.
I am 17 years old. And I have a weight of 98 kg. Please suggest me some ways to reduce it. Is this any symptom of thyroid or any other disease?
Osteoporosis is slowly emerging as an epidemic in modern day India, with more and more women getting affected by it. Perhaps, it will not be an overstatement to say that by the year 2025, India will be known as the osteoporosis capital of the world. But, the good news is that treatment for osteoporosis and other bone-related diseases is developing rapidly and you can easily maintain proper bone health by making yourself aware about the issues that might affect your bones and opting for ways to prevent them.
How severely are Indian women affected by bone related problems?
With the increase in longevity in Indian women, the extent of bone-related problems is also increasing, especially among women who are close to or have been through menopause. Studies reveal that severe bone-related problems affect about 20% of Indian women between the age of 40 and 50. Some common bone disorders that have a significant impact on the health of women with increasing age are:
- Osteoporosis: This condition is associated with brittle and fragile bones, prevailing as a result of tissue loss due to hormonal changes or lack of requisite amount of vitamin D or calcium in the body
- Osteopenia: Its severity is more than that of osteoporosis and this condition involves the lessening of bone tissues mineral and protein content
- Osteomalacia: It is a condition in which your bones become soft due to vitamin D or calcium deficiency
- Arthritis: In this condition, your joints get inflamed, leading to pain and stiffness
What are the common symptoms associated with bone-related diseases?
If you observe the following signs, you might be suffering from a bone related problem:
- Experiencing pains without any known causes
- Painful joints and muscles
- Difficulty in walking properly
What are the measures can you take to prevent them?
Women under the age of 20 can prevent bone-related issues by:
- Having a balanced diet
- Ensuring that your diet contains the requisite amount of protein, calcium and vitamin D
- Participating in physical activities such as running and jogging
- Staying outdoors to get exposed to sunlight
- Maintaining proper body weight
During the perimenopausal phase (the time when a women is about to experience menopause), she is more susceptible to bone-related issues and should take extra steps to maintain proper bone health. Some of these measures include:
- Being careful about nutrient intake
- Getting yourself checked by a gynecologist at regular intervals to ensure that you have correct bone density and vitamin D and calcium levels
- Taking calcium or vitamin D supplements, if required
- Ensuring that you have an active lifestyle