Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Miss KalpanaYour feedback matters!
Diabetes is not an isolated disease but a syndrome. It brings with it a host of issues, affecting almost all organs, and that is the reason it is a dreaded issue. Diabetes is the result of chronic inflammation and this inflammation gradually spreads to all other organs. One of the main organs adversely affected is the kidneys. The kidneys are essential filtration agents, and impaired kidney function can have a series of bad effects on the body.
The good news is that not everybody with diabetes will have diabetic nephropathy. However, risk factors for developing diabetic nephropathy are:
- Severe, uncontrolled diabetes
- Family history
- Prior kidney disease, even chronic infection
- Race or ethnicity (native Americans, African Americans, etc.)
- Preexisting hypertension or high cholesterol levels
If you have these risk factors, then all efforts should be aimed at keeping blood sugar at highly optimal level. Once it reaches beyond a certain level, it is very difficult to get it under control.
There would be no symptoms in the initial stages
- If you suspect that increased sugar levels could be damaging the kidneys, it is imperative to do renal functions annually to test for onset of kidney malfunction
- There could be swelling of the feet and ankles
- Urine tests may indicate increased levels of protein in the body (serum albumin in particular)
The idea is to arrest or stop damage to the kidneys.
- Reduce and maintain blood pressure within the recommended levels. This will depend on the age and overall health status. Using angiotensin converting enzymes or angiotensin receptor blockers is the most effective way to control hypertension and related kidney damage
- Keeping blood sugar within the recommended levels helps reduce or stop damage to the blood vessels in the kidneys and thereby, prevent progression
- Maintain optimal levels of cholesterol, as this only adds to hypertension, which further worsens kidney function.
- Eat a heart-healthy diet and exercise regularly. It is a vicious cycle with components including hypertension, high sugar levels, increased heart disease, which all only continues in a circle nonstop. Breaking this cyclical trend is very important.
- Diet should not be too rich in protein, as the kidney function is impaired and may not be able to handle too much protein. Talk to a nutritionist as to how much protein is required and follow it strictly.
- Reduce salt levels in the diet, and strictly do not add extra salt onto your plate
- If you are a smoker, this is a great reason to quit, as it affects all the above conditions.
- Maintain weight under optimal levels.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist..
How to gain weight in few days tell me sir plzz it's very urgent I am male my age is 18 year old and my weight is 55 kg.
Hello sir, My sister is patient of Raynaud's disease for long time. I think, she is cross the first limit of the disease if anyone have specialist of the same please send msg or contact me.
I am 26 year old. I am very slim and have only 45 kg weight. How can I gain Weight. And fit to my body .
Tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is a frequently performed cosmetic procedure which is meant to improve the looks or appearance of your abdominal region. The primary goal of this procedure is to remove excess skin or fat from the abdominal region and then reconnect the tissues with sutures to get a more toned and flat look.
The requirement for abdominoplasty:
The tummy tuck surgery is for someone who has folds of fat or skin on their abdominal region that results in an unsightly appearance and causes body image issues. These problems may be caused by multiple factors, some of which are mentioned below:
- Significant weight loss: Men or women who have lost a lot of weight tend to have excess loose skin on their bodies as a result of the skin being stretched over a long period of time.
- Pregnancy: Many women who have gone through multiple pregnancies also have similar problems as the skin in their abdominal region tends to stretch over multiple times which may result in the skin becoming flabby.
- You have a weak lower abdominal wall: Some patients tend to generally have a weak lower abdominal wall which over the years tends to protrude and hang. This results in a misshapen body which they want to correct for body image issues.
- To correct scarring from C section: Many women who give birth via C-section tend to have a scar on their body and some abdominal contouring can change the shape and size of the scar, which in turn not only tightens the tummy but also hides the scars.
Considerations before abdominoplasty:
Abdominoplasty isn't recommended if you fall under any of the following categories:
- Still have to lose weight: If you have to lose a lot of weight, then it is advised that you wait till your goal weight is reached and only then consider this procedure. Abdominoplasty isn't meant to reduce weight, but to take out excess skin and flab that remains after weight loss
- Plan on becoming pregnant again: If you are planning to become pregnant again, then the muscles and tissues in your abdomen might loosen and cause a flabby belly again.
- If you have heart disease or other conditions: If you have heart related conditions or are diabetic, then abdominoplasty won't be considered as it might put you at high risk of complications after surgery.
I am 23 years old male. I am a bodybuilder and I have costochondritis from previous 2 months. Doctor prescribed me ibuprofen when the pain was severe. I did complete bed rest for 2 months but now I want to go back to my weight training but I am still experiencing pain. When I do push ups or bench press. Please tell me a proper solution. Thanks in advance.
I want to loose weight with out side effects so please give me a good suggestion so that I can loose weight.
Dear Sir, Kindly note that my sister aged 58 years struggling with body swelling and knee and other joints pain. She can't even walk without support because of swelling. The main problem is she is having drug allergy. So she can't take any type of tablet. All reports are normal including CBC, SGOT, SGPT, bilirubin, urine, sugar except hb (9.3) & RA factor (border line) visited various hospital. Few Doctors are suggesting maybe chicken gunia but not sure. Kindly advice for the suitable solutions and specialist doctor to whom I suppose to visit. Kindly revert immediately Thanks.
Sir I have problem of sleep. I daily plan my routine that. Getting up early in the morning & start yoga & meditation. But I can not sleep early at night, thats why I can not wake up in early morning. I woke up late at 9 am. What should I do for this. And what is the perfect for sleep at night.
I am 22 years old male I started gym for the body development. I thought of taking supplements of proteins need your suggestion ?
I am having hair loss as well as I am fat, can anyone could describe a food chart to loose wait as well as grow my hair.
I want to get slim as soon as possible say simple weight loss tips my weight is 94 my height is 5" 10 inchesAnd my age is 21 need helpful tips for weight loss.
Panchakrma is the magic tecnique in ayureda which, helps to eliminate the toxins in the bodycells, promote self healing ability and rejuvenates all system in the body.
You clean your home, you give serviceses to your machines THEN why not your own body.
So panchakarma is the process which help to Eliminate toxins from body and mind Restore constitutional balance, improving health and wellness Strengthen your immune system Enhance your self-reliance, strength, energy, vitality and mental clarity. It cleanse the body’s deep tissues of toxins, open the subtle channels, bring life-enhancing energy there by increasing vitality, inner peace, confidence and well-being.
My my is Angeline I want to loose weight my weight is 75 kg. Is razorbill capsule good and safe for weights loss.
My weight is 80 kg and jegiht is 5.7 foot so I want to reduce 15 kg of my weight so what treatment cam I do please help me?
Hello Sir, I met with an accident 5-6 years back and from that time there is a pain in my right hand at wrist joint. I can not hold heavy weights during my exercise and can't do such exercise which gives pressure on my wrist like Push-ups, Pull-ups etc. Please suggest me what to do as I consulted lots of doctors but still pain exits .Thanks in advance. Ignore testing.
An overloaded backpack or wearing one improperly can lead to a poor posture, stress on the soft tissue in the neck and the back, and unnecessary strain on muscles and joints.