Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Divya ManisekaranYour feedback matters!
My friend have a gummy smile problem. Can we remove it. And if it is possible then what is a treatment?
I want to know the ways by which we can decrease the obesity rate and also want gi know skipping the food at interval is good or not please reply To my ggffguihg.
My husband is 30 year old. His weight is 73 kg. I need some guidance about weight loss veg diet plan.
I am 19 and in recent 4 months I lost almost 4 kg of my weight! What can I do to regain my weight (i dnt get hungry)
I have desk job. My activities are not so mch. I become overweight. What diet and exercise I should follow to reduce my weight. Pls tel.
Hi doc, plz help my mom is 44 year old although she is fit and fine but from 2-3 days she is suffering from feet burn sensation in night and she is not able to sleep normally in night. Plzz suggest what to do.
I am 19 years old and my weight is 58 kg still from last two year I can't grow my body weight please.
I am 48 years old, suffering from left shoulder and left hand pain for past 5 to 10 days. I am already having diabetic & BP. Diabetic is showing 280 after meals. I am using Painkiller, movon-p Tablets. It gives only some relief. What to do?
We think that the recent scientific discoveries have benefited our life and health to a great extent. But do we have any idea that how good our ancient Ayurveda Science is and how good it can act in solving our several health related issues?
No wonder, most of us do not know. But yes, Ayurvedic medicines are much beneficial without the side effects that most of the synthetic drugs discovered these days possess.
In this article, we will discuss on Bhringraaj and how good it is for our health.
Bhringraaj Powder and Its Benefits
- Liver health: You can possess a good liver health with Bhringraaj powder as this consists of flavonoids and other chemicals like wedelolactone. Jaundice and hepatitis can be cured by consuming this powder in prescribed doses.
- Anti microbial properties: Bhringraaj has antimicrobial effects. It can resist almost nine bacterial strains.
- Tooth ache: Bhringraaj is a very good relief from a toothache. Just rub the powder on the gums and see the result in some time. The ethanolic extract and alkaloids help in this pain relief.
- Treats upset stomach: If you are suffering from an upset stomach, then this powder can help you. The various organic and chemical compounds present in bhringraaj help in this natural treatment.
- Respiratory problem treatment: If you get an infection in your respiratory tract, then consuming Bhringraaj powder can treat the infection and remove phlegm from your respiratory tract.
- Hair health: Bhringraaj powder is good for hair health. If you are suffering from baldness, then this powder can stimulate the hair follicles thus re-growing hair.
- Eye health: Some chemical compounds are formed in our body that creates cataract and other eye problems. But Bhringraaj powder has some neutralizing power, which damages the free radicals causing such ailments.
- Heart health: Bhringraaj powder can help in reducing cholesterol level and prevent heart ailments. Though not strongly proved, still it is thought that the diuretic effects of Bhringraaj help in this remedy.
- Cancer prevention: Bhringraaj powder is a fantastic solution for liver cancer. It stops cancer cells from proliferating and spreading.
- Treats cholera: If Bhringraaj powder is consumed three times a day for three days, then it is likely to cure cholera.
- Relieves body ache: Body ache is relieved if the powder is consumed according to a prescribed dose.
- Treats ulcer: Applying Bhringraaj powder on the ulcers can cure it magically.
How to use: You can cook your food with this powder. The best part is that it does not have any side effects, but is loaded with benefits. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I want to increase my weight and stamina too. I feel suffocation if you walf even for 1 km. And feel weakness too.
I am 25 yrs female. My height is 5'5. And weight 63 kg. I have swelling on my foot, hands, and even on my face. Sometimes I have pain in my heels. My blood sugar fasting is 76, uric acid 4.5, esr 6, blood urea 28.9, serum creatinine 0.9 I have thyroid test too that is 2.29 when I do lit bit work it creates more restlessness to me. I want to know the reason exactly.
My c section of pregnancy was done on 6th August now I want to reduce my weight and tummy. Suggest me fight Ness diet and workouts.
I am too fatty and due to this problem I face many difficulties and also I have many pimples in my face so please tell me how to reduce fat and pimples.
Sir my age is 46 and my weight is around 122 kgs and I had a mild heart attack in the month of December and now again I am having a chest pain so please suggest me what treatment I should do.
Will vitamin D save my life? Should I really be taking four times the recommended daily dose? Is it okay to cleanse your body by fasting from time to time?
Tips to get over tough times
Tough times are a part of our life, sometimes we are unable to handle it leading to us becoming slaves to a lot of negativity. There are a few things you can try to help tide over it.
* Firstly stop being in denial – accept the situation stop getting angry and bargaining for something better, accept and tell yourself “i want to face this ”and “i will do my best to deal with this”.
* What next? - calm down, think through and try to figure out what to do next? Start working on a solution for the issue rather than just focusing on the issue.
* Solution may not come to you immediately but at least start working towards it one step at a time.
* To find solutions we should put ourselves in a third person perspective. Finding solutions is a lot easier this way. Remember that every problem has a solution.
* Get help - do not shove away family, friends or any loved ones who are trying to help you. Seeking help does not make you weak. Try and discuss the issue with them to get an outsiders perspective. Since they are not a part of the problem they will be able to have 360 view of the issue and they may be able to help you better.
* Positivity is important - it may seem like a difficult task but try to focus on the positive things happening in your life. Try to surround yourself with positive people, and people who see the good in you.
* Don’t give up – never give way for negativity to seep into your life. Stop yourself from focusing on negative thoughts and emotions.
• Drugs/ alcohol - never look at drugs, alcohol, smoking or abuse of any kind as a solution for your problem, it only gives you a perception that things are fine, but the truth is, it only increases your problem.
* No blame game - do not blame yourself or others for the problem. Blaming will not solve your situation.
* Stay healthy- do not neglect your health. You need to be there for yourself too.
Finally remember this too shall pass.
For a morning jog of no longer than 30 or 45 minutes at a relaxed pace (you can hold a conversation), a glass of water might be all that's needed ahead of time provided you had a decent dinner the night before. But if last night's meal wasn't filling or if you ate it early, drinking some orange juice or a banana will replace glycogen stores in your muscles to stave off sluggishness. If you're heading out in the afternoon, have a snack like fruit yogurt, milk and fruit, nuts, and milk or nut chikki.
There's no need to take in calories immediately, but try to eat a snack, your breakfast or your next meal within an hour or two. Skipping a solid post-run meal could lead to lethargy or sugar cravings later in the day or down the road, even sickness or injury.