Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Divya ManisekaranYour feedback matters!
I am 29 years old would like to know what is the systemic nutrient food daily I have to take please tell me.
An eating disorder, mostly appears when your food habits reach levels of extremity. Anorexia nervosa and Bulimia are two main and the most common eating disorders found in men and women. One is the lower extreme while the other is the higher extreme in terms of food intake.
1. Anorexia: People who are affected with anorexia think of themselves to be very overweight in spite of actually being very slim and thin. Anorexia inflicted people consume less than a thousand calories per day. They exercise rigorously and try to find more ways to lose weight. They vomit a lot due to the insufficient diet and suffer more. The treatment for anorexia nervosa generally includes a mix of mental treatment, and regulated weight gain program. An anorexia patient should seek treatment as early as possible. The best ways to deal with anorexia are:
Psychological Treatment: Various psychological treatments can be used to cure anorexia of different stages. They are cognitive analytic therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy, focal psychodynamic therapy. A family's response is also an important psychological factor. Proper encouragement and effort should be given.
Weight gain program: This measure will guide an anorexic patient to improve his diet habits and slowly gain weight. A patient is monitored carefully, traits are recognized and a likewise diet pattern is given.
2. Bulimia: Bulimia nervosa is another category of eating disorder. The main characteristic of this disorder is overeating in the highest level. Binge eating is observed, followed by attempts by the affected individual to lose weight. A bulimic patient is constantly trapped in the cycle of overeating and then thinking about losing weight.
Maybe you do not like the idea of binge eating and fear getting obese, but once affected by bulimia a patient cannot follow this and binge eats. Later, they adopt extreme measures for losing weight. The primary methods to deal with bulimia are:
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy, or talk therapy includes examining your bulimia and related issues with an expert. It is proven that these sorts of psychotherapies restrict the symptoms of bulimia. The three modes of psychotherapy include- Cognitive-behavioral therapy, Family-based therapy and Interpersonal psychotherapy.
- Medications: Medicines such as anti-depressants can be taken by bulimia patients along with psychotherapy. Prozac is a recommended and effective medicine.
- Proper diet plan: For bulimia affected patients, having a proper balanced diet is very essential. A diet expert should be consulted, who will make the most essential food pattern for you. Undertaking a weight loss program is also recommended.
Eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia should be avoided, and you should know the best ways to deal with them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
My baby is 6 months old. He was born before 37 weeks. He is not gaining weight like a 6 month old. He is also not taking enough milk. M giving him lactogen. please help me.
I am a diabetic for last 35 years and squamous cell carcinoma oral at present in remission no abnormal uptake detected suffering from enlarged prostate gland since last 4/5 yrs, am a psychiatric patient for last 30 years and HTN in short what not at present anxiety depression with anger etc .What course of action I should take now please suggest. Thanks.
Its unbelievable but true! you can lose weight even as you sleep if you strictly follow these lifestyle changes.
1. Eat small frequent meals every 2 hours during the day: your body needs energy for metabolic functions. Your body may crave for sweet and junk food, but have that in portions like cheese, butter, chocolate of your finger tip size, chicken/fish of your palm size is absolutely okay to have once a week, either you can substitute your cravings with healthy food like a date or a piece of dark chocolate for sweet cravings.
There are certain foods that burn fat while you sleep.
A. Whole grains - including whole grains (whole wheat, barley, brown rice, quinoa, wheat germ etc), legumes (lentils, chickpeas, beans etc), dairy foods, spicy foods, green tea, and citrus fruits, in your daily diets.
B. Have citrus foods daily - citrus fruits which includes vitamin c plays a role in body's fat burning process.
C. Consume green tea - it boosts your metabolism as it is rich in antioxidants.
D. Spicy foods - spices are known to improve metabolism. If you've had a tasty dinner, sleep without worry that your body will be losing calories while you sleep.
2. Sleep well: how long you sleep and how well you sleep, are both equally important for your body. Minimum 8 hours of sound sleep is very important.
3. Resistance training: for your hormones to function properly and for your body to burn fat
Weight or resistance training is a must if you want to keep your metabolism high. When you lift weights, you increase the amount of calories your body burns. Hours after you lifted weight, your body continues burning the fat.
There are several conceptions regarding ovarian cysts and pregnancy. The main question that arises in the mind of people is whether their wish of getting pregnant getting impeded because of an ovarian cyst? Does ovarian cyst cause infertility?
Well in this article, you may find adequate information regarding ovarian cysts, pregnancy and infertility.
When a woman learns that she has an ovarian cyst, she already starts getting palpitation. However, studies say that maximum cysts that a woman tend to develop in their ovary are not life threatening. They are functional cysts, which will be completely vanished on their own after some months. These types of cysts do not cause any complications in pregnancy. But these may end up creating problems regarding the ovulation power of women.
Now if we focus on the classification of the cysts which can cause infertility, we will find two different types, Endometriosis and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
Endometriosis: its effects and remedies
Basically the tissue endometrium (which lines up the uterus), grows out of the surface of uterine cavity in case of cysts. When an endometrium grows on ovary, it can cause endometriomas, which precludes women's body from producing fertile eggs. In several cases, endometriosis interferes with pregnancy by stimulating scar tissue formation that generally tends to complicate fallopian tubes' normal function. Also, when endometriosis cells secrete substances, it can cause hindrance in the interaction process of sperms and eggs, which further leads to infertility issues.
Along with such problems, there are other hormonal disorders that can arise with endometriosis which can cause weak nidation and lead to early miscarriages. This particular problem generally occurs in the women between the age of 25-35 years.
There are handful of remedies for these types of cysts. In many cases, ovulation is being blocked for a certain period. Apart from this, surgical treatment might be given in some cases such as laparoscopy or laparotomy.
PCOS - its effects and remedies
The second type of cyst that creates hindrance in getting pregnant is polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS. This type generally occurs when a woman has instability in her reproductive hormones. As a result, the ovaries fail to produce the required hormones, which help the follicles in producing mature eggs.
PCOS is generally treated with the help of hormonal medication. PCOS is considered to be the leading cause of infertility.
Other types of cysts
Corpus luteal Cyst is very common in pregnancy. It is considered to be asymptomatic and tends to disappear within the 16th week of pregnancy. Cysts, which are not over 7 cm in size, can be kept until delivery. However, large cysts generally cause pain and need to be removed through surgery.
Surgery is always an option for ovarian cysts. Laparoscopy is considered to be safe during pregnancy as there are almost no risk factors. So it is being suggested by health experts that one should not get worried about ovarian cysts during pregnancy, as there are too many remedies to cure them.
I am 25 years old, I am having low weight problem, my height is 5 ft 8 in and my weight is 50 only, how can I gain weight.
I am 32 years old, my body weight is 77 kg. I want to reduce my weight please suggest how can I do this?
I am a 20 a years old male, I'm very skinny how can I gain weight. I'm six feet tall and sixty kg in weight.
My son 13 yrs old has type 1 diabetes since last 7 yrs. He is not ready to inject before meals. He undstands its ill effects slso but is fed up of pricks 4 times a day. Please suggest how to resolve.
Frozen shoulder is a condition when somebody encounters continuous shoulder stiffness and pain. It could last for weeks. It is likely to occur when swelling increases around the shoulder which reduces inability to move or stretch properly. This ordinarily happens when somebody is recovering from an injury. Frozen shoulder at times happens when somebody is wearing a sling or a cast. It also occurs, if someone is recovering from surgery, experiencing joint pain or facing restraint of movement for other reasons.
A frozen shoulder can go on from a couple of months to as much as 3 years and the precise cause is unknown. Physiotherapy is often to treat this condition. It has been found that posture plays a huge part in your recovery from a frozen shoulder. The urgent goal is to get the shoulder join moving once again. The sooner this is done, the better are the odds of a quick recovery. Anti-inflammatory medicines, heat application and delicate stretching activities are performed with the assistance of a physiotherapist.
Physiotherapy is very crucial for a frozen shoulder since it is very difficult to get movement in the stiff joint without any exercise, stretching or other methods used by a physiotherapist. It is mostly crucial to get physiotherapy to:
- To reduce pain in the shoulder
- To increase the flexibility and strength of the shoulder
- To enhance movement of the shoulder.
- To increase endurance of the muscles
Physiotherapy treatment for a frozen shoulder depends on the stage you are on and is customized according to the needs of your condition. Physiotherapy treatments for a frozen shoulder include:
- Pain relief: Pain diminishing techniques including gentle shoulder movement exercises, muscle releases, needle therapy, dry needling and kinesiology taping for pain can help during the painful swelling phase.
- Defrosting: Shoulder mobilization and stretching are the best in order to achieve a full shoulder recovery. As your scope of movement increases, your physiotherapist will then be able to give you muscle strengthening exercises to control and keep up your recently found range of movement.
- Warm Up: Before beginning shoulder exercises for a frozen shoulder, try to warm up your shoulder keeping in mind the end goal. That is to help blood supply in the affected area and avoid future injuries. The best approach is to extend and warm up the shoulder by applying heat for 10 to 15 minutes, scrubbing down or showering with Epsom salt.
Physiotherapy does not bring out immediate results, but gradually. Flexibility will increase gradually. One should keep in mind, not to stretch their shoulder too quickly at once. This can lead to a ligament tear. The exercises should be tender and gradual. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.