Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Abhinaya RaoYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from diabetes, previously my doctor had prescribed me GLYCOMET 3 850 MG, BUT now other doctor have suggested GLYCOMET 1 500 MG. My blood sugar level is much higher then also, new doctor have advised low power of above pills. So, please advise me which one I have take, I am also taking 20 unit of INSUMAN COMB 25/75 SAME WAS suggested by old doctor who had prescribed GLYCOMET 3 850 mg. Please guide me. I want to take GLYCOMET 3 850 MG as per old prescription by looking at currently high blood sugar level.
I am 27 years old, I am over weight, and I am thinking of going through liposuction to lose my weight, will it be right to go through this, will it will effect my body, (side effects)
I work in IT Company. I work 10 hours in a day on computer. So when I go home my head is start headache. I tried many tablets but no one works. Please give me some treatment to stop headache.
My weight had been decreased at very enormous level. Even eating of non veg n eggs n diet food at constant time but still not getting that momentum as before n my digestion is not good as before.
Cut the salt to cut the body fat
Eating more than the recommended 2500 mg (1 tablespoon) of sodium each day will cause you to retain water and weight gain. Sodium holds up to 50 times its weight in water. When you limit the amount of sodium you eat your body will begin to expel some that unwanted water weight.
The urge to drink water is a good indicator that your sodium intake is too high. As your sodium levels get high your body ask for more water to dilute the sodium by making you thirsty.
A lot of bars offer salty snacks such as peanuts and chips for free, after customers get thirsty they will order drinks to quench their thirst. So watch out for salty snacks and remove them from the diet to lose weight fast.
I am in the process to lose weight and just wanted to ask how much amount of walnuts and almonds a person should consume in a day.
I just wanted to know about the problems or any kind of side effects which comes if we ride a motorbike in a very high speed regularly.
I'm 26 years old. Weight: 66 kg, height: 185cm. Can you please suggest a diet plan to increase weight.
Hello sir, Am only of 16, years but hav voice like 40-50, years old men. Very heavy and vibrated. Am suffering from this by nov. 2015. I want to be a gud singer but voice stopping and decreasing my confidence. Please help me to improve and thin my voice acc. To my age. Am also suffering from cough and cold in my throat and nose by nov. 2015. Am thinking that my voice damaged by cough. Can anyone please help me.
5 life-long benefits of drinking desi haldi milk
Haldi is a vital spice used in the indian cuisine and other south asian cuisines. Also known as turmeric, it constitutes of some sugars, proteins, and resins, and is a ubiquitous asian kitchen ingredient; almost every meal cooked has a dash of haldi in it. But apart from the colour, taste and aroma that it adds to the food, when added to milk, it becomes a magical potion known as desi haldi milk that can prevent and cure diseases.
Here are 5 lifelong benefits of desi haldi milk:
1. Has anti-inflammatory properties: Haldi has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. According to ayurveda, it has been named as the natural aspirin. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, when combined with milk, it becomes a really useful drink that helps prevent cancer. It stops the growth of lung, skin, colon, breast, and prostate cancer, and for cancer patients, it helps reduce the side effects of chemotherapy. Additionally, haldi milk provides relief from arthritis pain and improves the flexibility of joints and muscles.
2. Is a blood purifier: Blood impurities can lead to severe health problems and desi haldi milk is considered an excellent blood purifier and cleanser if the principles of ayurveda are to be believed. It can revitalize and boost the blood circulation in the body. Acting as a blood thinner, haldi milk plays a significant role in eliminating all impurities from the blood vessels and lymphatic system of your body.
3. Helps control weight: Turmeric contains curcumin, an antioxidant capable of preventing inflammation of various cells of your body like fat, muscle, and pancreatic cells. This also results in lower risks of health issues arising due to obesity like high cholesterol levels, high blood sugar, insulin resistance and other metabolic problems. Also, haldi milk helps in the breakdown of dietary fat. This can be useful in controlling the weight.
4. Gives you healthier skin: Haldi is a very useful ingredient for battling skin issues. Drinking haldi milk helps in getting enviable glowing skin and can also be used for application on the face and body. Dipping a cotton ball into haldi milk and applying that to your face can help you get rid of any rash, skin redness or blotchy patches. Moreover, bathing in turmeric milk can be helpful in attaining soft, supple and radiant skin.
5. Ensures better bone health: Haldi milk is an excellent source of calcium, and has bone-strengthening properties, which are necessary to keep the bones healthy and strong. It also helps lower bone loss and prevent osteoporosis.
So go ahead, mix up the ever easily available haldi and milk from your kitchen and drink up to a healthier you.