Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Zara Sukumar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Zara SukumarYour feedback matters!
I have 2 tumors in my uterus. I can't conceive a child also. I am married for 3 years. So what should I do.
Sometimes it is not just physical ailments that can cause harm to your performance in bed or your relation with your partner, but the way you stress yourself over them. Premature ejaculation happens when a man ejaculates sooner than required or planned, in the process of sexual activity and intercourse. It is basically a form of male sexual dysfunction that can be diagnosed with the help of a physical examination where the doctor can also ask questions pertaining to stress levels and other medications and ailments. This usually happens within a minute or so of penetration.
Reasons for premature ejaculation:
- Biological issues: There are a number of biological problems due to which men may also experience premature ejaculation and other related health issues. Abnormal hormonal levels and an imbalance in the state of one's hormones can lead to this condition. Also, there are instances where the neurotransmitters of the brain enjoy an abnormal level of activity, which can lead to an abnormal reflex reaction in the ejaculatory system of the patient.
- Anxiety: Anxiety is one of the primary reasons for such physical problems that one experiences during sex. These patients may be suffering from anxiety due to their performance in bed, or they may be anxious about a new relationship or partner. This anxiety can lead to a state where the patient is not able to fully enjoy the act of intercourse and ends up ejaculating prematurely.
- Thyroid: Male patients suffering from thyroid problems have also reported instances where premature ejaculation becomes a problem. This condition can also be an inherited one. It is best to take a professional opinion and seek therapy for treatment.
- Relationship problems: Another issue that many male patients suffering from this condition face includes relationship problems. These problems can create trouble in the sex life of the patient due to which sex may not be happening on a frequent or regular basis. Due to this, the ejaculation may also suffer, leading to further stress.
How premature ejaculation can be dealt with?
One can practise breathing exercises and other relaxation techniques including meditation that can help in distracting the mind so that there is less scope of anxiety. This can also help in putting the patient in the right frame of mind where he can actually enjoy the process of sexual activity from stimulation to excitement to peak and orgasm. One can try different kinds of sexual positions and scenarios for more imaginative role play and better sexual excitement which can delay the ejaculation. A person can also learn to be more intimate with the partner so as to identify the triggers that lead to premature ejaculation. Finally, if these techniques doesn't work it better to consult a doctor for medical check up and treatment. There are few effective medicines which can be taken under medical supervision.
I have problem in my vulva region since 8 months. I have visited almost 5 gynecologists in this time period. It has scaly texture and whenever I pee the area around it burns. I am not having uti nor am I having sugar. My menstrual cycle is fine though flow has reduced. Sometimes I think I have skin issues but then I'm not sure about whom should I visit? Gynecologist or dermatologist? I'm really stressed because its becoming unbearable now. My sex life is ruined too. Whenever I have sex it becomes worse. At first I thought that I'm allergic to latex condoms so I opted for non latex ones (skyn kamasutra ). But it won't stop it's pretty bad. Help mee.
The december- january cycle was perfect 28 days but then the problem started I got down in 14 days on january 25 and now again after the 14 days on 12 feb blood came through my vagina and then stopped on 13 feb no blood. On 14th feb 2-3 drops of blood came. N today morning also 1 drop came. There is also swelling in my genital area and I am overweight too.
I am a Female. My weight is 68 kg (few months ago it was 64 kg). I have not got my menstruation from last two months. I am sure that I am not Pregnant. So, I would like to ask that- is increasing weight responsible for irregular menstruation? And what can I do for overcoming this problem? Is there any other reason behind it? Please let me know!
Cosmetogynaecology refers to the specialization in female cosmetic medicine and surgery. We live in an age where appearance primarily defines your personality and acts a great deal in boosting self-confidence and morale.
Since time immemorial, we have never been pleased with what have been given to us. Thanks to this trait, scientists are always looking for new ways to satisfy our needs. Don’t like your nose? Think it’s too fat? Want to look like Megan Fox?
Medical science can now do all this, and beyond!
What does Cosmetogynaecology include?
Cosmetogynaecology is a subset of cosmetic surgery that mainly caters to the needs of women and includes cosmetic procedures such as-
G-spot Augmentation: This procedure mainly concentrates on increasing the size and sensitivity of the G-spot to amplify pleasure during intercourse. It is also known as G-spot amplification
Genital area Bleaching and Resurfacing: Genital bleaching is a safe and easy way to whiten your intimate areas. As for genital resurfacing, it is a procedure to even out the appearance around the intimate area or to improve the colour on the clitoral hood.
Labia Augmentation: This procedure includes the surgical enlargement of the Labia Majora (part of women’s genitalia) in order to improve the contour or increase the fullness to make it look more appealing.
Vaginal Tightening: Several factors can lead to the loosening of the vaginal walls, including childbirth. This can reduce the pleasure during intercourse for you and your man. These treatments can be done by lasers, which are non-invasive and work wonders!
Permanent Laser Hair Removal: We all know the extent of pain that women go through in order to make themselves fuzz-free. And the amount of money that goes in doing that annually is probably enormous. Laser hair removal can permanently take care of this issue and you will be ever ready for a party.
Breast Size Augmentation or Reduction: Getting breast implants (silicone or saline) can be used to increase the size of your breasts if you are not too happy with your gifted assets. It can also be done for reconstructive purposes after undergoing mastectomy post breast cancer. On the other hand, large breasts can be the cause of chronic back pain. If that bothers you too much, you can have them reduced to your desired size.
Vaginoplasty: Vaginoplasty is a plastic surgery for both the vaginal canal and the tissues of its mucous membrane that tightens. The procedure strengthens those muscles and tissues while removing excess or damaged lining from the canal. It is specifically designed to strengthen and enhance the working of the vulva-vaginal body structures. When vaginal plastic surgery is performed to specifically construct or reconstruct the vulva-vaginal complex, either partially or totally, it is referred to as a neovaginoplasty. When the surgery is performed to specifically reshape the tissue and firm the muscles and lining of the vaginal canal for a more youthful appearance plus tighten up the canal after the stretching it endures through childbirth, then it is termed a vagina reduction for cosmetic reconstruction and is considered an elective surgical procedure.
Hymenoplasty: Hymenoplasty is the procedure to restore natural hymen to regain virginity. In simple words, hymenoplasty is repair of broken hymen or ruptured hymen and is the sure shot way to restore or regain virginity. The layered ultrafine microsurgical repair of hymen being done at Olmec leads to a normal hymen without any sign of repair and without any sign of lost virginity.
Clitoroplasty: A clitoroplasty is a surgical procedure that refines or improves the appearance of a woman’s clitoris. It can also be performed to create an artificial clitoris in men undergoing sex reassignment surgery. It is also known as clitoral hood reduction, as it can reduce the size of the clitoral hood in some patients.
Labiaplasty: Labia surgery, which usually involves labia reduction—and vaginal rejuvenation, or tightening, are becoming as common today as other cosmetic procedures. New advancements and techniques in Labiaplasty and Vaginoplasty typically lessen scarring, pain, recovery time, and show excellent results in the area sometimes referred to as Vaginal Cosmetic Surgery.
Hi, I am 25 years old, we are trying for baby from last two months. We have sex 2 days once by checking the ovulation day. First month I got my periods 1 day early. But in the second month I got my periods 6 days late. I want to know what could be the problem. We both work in it company.
Cystitis is a condition which is characterized by bladder inflammation that is usually a result of bladder infection. This disorder is very common among women. The condition tends to get better in a few days without any treatment. In case of chronic cystitis, long term treatment may be required.
Common symptoms include excessive urination (may be dark in color) and a burning pain during urination. One might feel generally unwell, tired and may experience cramps in the lower abdomen. In case of children, there may be a rise in the body temperature, coupled with weakness and vomiting.
- Engaging in sex (irrespective of whether one is using protection or not) can result in this condition.
- Inserting objects such as tampons into the urethra to release the bladder can most definitely result in this condition.
- Using contraceptive measures such as diaphragm.
- It occurs when bacteria which is present in the bowel or on the skin comes in contact with the bladder via the urethra. Women are at an increased risk as their urethra is shorter and the anus is close to the urethra.
Homeopathy and Cystitis
Homeopathy is a system of treatment that is natural and holistic. It does not have any side effect like the other conventional treatments. The various homeopathic remedies for cystitis are –
- Cantharis: Cantharis is a homeopathic remedy that is very effective in treating infections. In case of bladder inflammation and pain while urinating, this remedy is preferred. For cystitis with an inflamed bladder as the root cause, this remedy is very effective.
- Apis Mellifica: In case of chronic bladder infection, Apis Mellifica is administered. It cures the inflammation and also gets rid of the swelling. This also helps in relieving any burning symptom that you may experience while passing urine.
- Staphysgaria: Staphysgaria is a homeopathic remedy which is used to treat symptoms of cystitis that include a sharp pain in the urethra accompanied by involuntary discharge of urine. There may also be a constant urge to urinate.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!