Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Y. Ramani ShivakumarYour feedback matters!
I am Dr Yashica Gudesar and I am a gynaecologist. I am in this profession since 17 years and I am working in Dwarka at my own private clinic. I am attached to Hospitals also. In this profession, I ahve come across many issues. The most common problem people are facing these days is a Pre conceptional Counselling which is very important and a younger generation is not aware of this.
What is Pre conceptional Counselling?
Pre conceptional counselling is educate the patient in a way that when she starts planning a pregnancy, it should be a planned pregnancy and she should have a healthy baby and a healthy pregnancy.
What is the aim of having a Pre conceptional counselling?
The patient should not be suffering from any existing disease which might not be diagnosed. Or if the patient is suffering from some disease then the baby should not be harmed. In case a patient is taking some drug, then the drug should be stopped or continued, should be confirmed before planning the pregnancy. So, the main aim is to ahve a healthy baby.
What a patient should do when they are coming for Pre conceptional counselling?
They should carry all the reports and they should give the proper history to the doctor about the previous health issues, any surgery or the medicines they are taking. They should discuss clearly about the drinkng and smoking habits
- In case a patient is planning for pregnancy, then they should take folic acid supplimentation. These suppliments prevent the neural tube defects.
- The alcohol consumption hsould be stopped.
- All medicines which are dangerous during the pregnancy should be stopped.
- The ideal time for Pre conceptional counselling should be taken 3-6 months before planning the pregnancy. But even if you have planned then 1 month is also a best time to go to a doctor.
- Start taking folic acid atleast 3 month before. This will prevent you from abortion
What Doctor might go for a Pre conceptional counseling?
- The doctor will take your BMI. If you are over weighted then they may ask you to reduce weight.
- There might be a questionair in all the history and all the examination of your body should be done.
- Infections should be ruled out.
- History of your vaccination should be taken. And the vaccination history is very important because you should go for measles, HPV which is for Cervical cancer and Rubella. This should be included in your Pre conceptional counselling. If any patient has not been vaccinated in childhood for Rubella then they should take the vaccination 3 months before they plan for pregnancy.
What you should do?
- You should take folic acid
- You should take Multi vitamins which includes B complex, Vit- D and Calcium
- If somebody's haemoglobin is less then they should take Iron.
- Any genetic disease in the family should be screened out before the planning for pregnancy.
- Thalassemia is one of the important disease which can be prevented
- Negative blood groups are important if the patient is hard and aborted earlier then it may give impact on the pregnancy.
So the main motive is to tell you that please do not undergo unplanned pregnancy. Take a Pre Conceptional counselling.
If you have any query, you can contact me through Lybrate or you can visit my clinic in Dwarka or you can aso take online appointments. If you need more information about the above discussed topic, you can read my blog as well.
My wife menstrual date 1st sep but still not yet. Pregnancy test also negative she don't won't pregnancy so wat we do she can take papaya is it safe or not.
My wife age 28. Her period is late by 17 days. We do pregnancy test but result is negative. We did not want baby. She take the home made abortion food. Pregnancy symptoms also not visible. Suggest what we will do for period and to know the pregnancy. And for abortion.
Miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion that occurs around the first to second trimester of pregnancy; wherein the foetus is automatically expelled from the uterus due to its inability to survive because of environmental influences or chromosomal abnormalities.
Unless the miscarriage occurs due to a severe health issue, the fertility of the woman may not necessarily be compromised. Studies show that one miscarriage doesn’t predict the possibility of a future one. Once the bleeding and pain subside, it is the emotional trauma that must be addressed to begin with which poses a greater threat than the physical one.
The fertility of the woman remains unaltered and the body can be ready after the menstrual cycle returns to normal. However, it still requires some time for the woman to be physically and emotionally prepared to go through another pregnancy. The medical history and reasons behind miscarriage must be evaluated before the couple decides to try again.
Complications after miscarriage only occur if the woman is above 35 years of age or has a rather unhealthy lifestyle. The concept of fertility varies from person to person and it isn’t possible to pass a common judgement about fertility in this scenario.
The gynaecologist mostly suggests couple therapy after the trauma of the miscarriage. The psychological loss is given more importance before considering another attempt by most doctors. The fertility loss only occurs with age and unhealthy lifestyle and it is widely accepted and proven that a miscarriage has little or nothing to do with it.
Ways to Increase Fertility
If a couple is certain they are ready to conceive again, there are a few things a woman can do to help her chances of becoming pregnant-
- The first thing to do is to stop any unhealthy habits. These include smoking, drug use, or alcohol abuse. It’s reported that high consumption levels of caffeine are detrimental to conception so that should also be limited.
- Eliminating stress can also help. Eliminating stress is one of the most important factors in having a successful pregnancy. So, it makes sense that getting over-stressed can reduce fertility levels.
- Eat healthy. If depression was experienced due to the miscarriage, it’s possible that the woman’s diet has not been the healthiest. It’s common for women who have experienced a miscarriage to have a loss of appetite and not eat enough or to eat out of sorrow, eating too much. More attention should be paid to the diet and more healthy foods added to meals.
Talk to a Doctor
If a couple is having issues with fertility after early miscarriage, they should talk to a doctor. There are many options available. More than likely, the first thing the doctor will do is to test fertility levels of both the man and the woman. If you don't want to visit a doctor for this, there is a new at-home kit available called Fertell. This test, retailing for approximately $100, measures fertility levels for both a man and a woman.
If it is found that there is a loss of fertility after early miscarriage, fertility drugs or therapies may be prescribed for a period of time.
The doctor may report that there are no issues with fertility. At this point, it would be a good idea to use an ovulation predictor in order to time effective intercourse. This isn't the most romantic idea, but it may well be one of the most logical ways for a couple to conceive.
Fertility is not normally decreased after miscarriage. A woman's fertility levels return to normal as soon as her menstrual cycle returns. Fertility may be decreased due to emotional issues as a result of the miscarriage. However, if a couple is ready, both physically and emotionally, there should be no physiological hindrances to conception.
The decision to try again is not an easy one. However, fertility won't typically be an issue.
Married for 5-6 months and not planning for babies yet. Is it safe if I had ipill once in a month for consecutive 5-6 months. After how much tym does it start having bad effect. Does it affect reproduction. If yes, then how much gap should be there between two dosage and please tell me the bad effects too. Thanks.
My wife is unable to conceive as 2 years completed of our marriage so I done sonography test of my wife and The result came is BILATERAL POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME. WHAT DOES IT MEAN? please SUGGEST THE CURE ALSO.
I am 19 year old and my breast is to much short size is 28 what can I do to bigger my breast in 2 weeks.
Hi ,I am 16 years old. I have foul smelling odor during my mensuration. What could be the reason for this? Does this indicate any infections? If yes what should I do?
Summer is at its peak and the mercury level is rising by a notch every day. The scorching sun gives even more reasons to constantly hunt for some cooling and soothing foods which can comfort us. It is the time of year when you get dehydrated easily due to excess sweat and perspiration and that's the time when you want to reach out for something cold like sodas, beverages or even cold water. This is where we go wrong because anything extremely low in temperature can actually constrict our blood vessels and affect the heat loss process in our body. Here are a few tips you need to keep in mind to keep yourself cool:
- Increase your water intake: In high humidity conditions, you do not sweat adequately due to which you cannot release heat efficiently from your body. That is the reason why you need to drink enough water at regular intervals even if you are not thirsty to cool your system.
- Have eatables high in water content: Eat a lot of fresh fruits, raw salads and lightly spiced foods. Fruits and veggies are easy to digest and high in water content and hence help in hydration. Avoid fried and junk foods as they take time to digest and require a lot of water. Spicy foods can also increase body heat.
- Grab naturally cooling drinks: Drink naturally cooling beverages like coconut water, lemon juice, buttermilk and sugarcane juice, etc. Rather than aerated soft drinks, caffeine, and alcoholic beverages as they contain sugar and other preservatives which act as diuretics and can cause loss of water from the body. You can add sabja (tulsi seeds) to drinks as it has a cooling effect on the body.
- Have curd: Curd is excellent as it increases friendly bacteria in the gut and improves digestion and boosts immunity.
- Include veggies in diet: Add veggies like cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, spinach, beet etc to add to the extra water in your diet.
- Small meals: avoid heavy meals at one time as it can cause acidity and affect digestion. Rather eat small meals to feel light and keep your system active.
- Don't forget raw mango: In the summer season, raw mango is a special fruit and is extremely good to prevent sunstrokes and weakness. Raw mango juice also known as aam panna can help balance electrolytes in the body. You can also have raw mango in any form like adding it in bhel, salads or making a dish out of it.
You can divide your day's meals as per regular timings like:
Breakfast: 2-3 fresh fruits (this can help to neutralize your stomach acids and make you feel light and active as they are natural sources of energy).
- Mid morning: a glass of buttermilk/ coconut water (to refresh you).
- Lunch: salads + 1-2 rotis + veggies + thin dals (you can add or subtract the rotis as per your appetite and requirement).
- Evening: fruit yoghurt/fruit smoothie (they are filling, nourishing and cooling).
- Dinner: stir fried veggies/ chilled soups + grilled chicken/ steamed fish/ low fat paneer/ tofu + jaljeera/ lemon juice (to keep your dinner light and help you wake up afresh).
Stick to the plan and stay cool this summer!
I have pcod ever since menses started. May ge because of poor diet. I have now started taking it seriously and taking ayurvedic medicines. Is ayurveda successful in pcod treatment?
I'm 23 years old. I'm no getting my periods properly. It's around 3months. I'm using evacure medicine with the prescription of doctor. Is this medicine helps in getting periods. Or any other medicine is there to get periods.
I have irregular periods and thyroid also. My periods came between 5-6 mothns for once. Can you suggested best treatment and hospitals.
Hi Doctor my wife pregnant around 8 to 9 week from yesterday she got bleeding not much. During white discharged now it's pink colour we had ultrasound that time fetus size is 9.8 mm and as per doctor we need to wait 10 days more. But as of now she is not feel like periods days. So please help us is it fine? Or any chance of miscarriage.
If I have sex with my gf and I did sex in her rectum with using condom can makes her pregnant or not and what is anal sex.
I am 42 years old. My periods start again after 10 days of regular period. But only 2 drops of spot not more bleedings. Pl.suggest.
I had unprotected sex (withdrawal method. Dnt knw whether semen entered or not ). On April 3rd. I didn't had my periods yet. So I decided to take urine pregnancy test. But the result was negative. Am I pregnant? Or not if not why I am not getting my periods back. please tell me what is happening with me.
Someone warn Russell Brand. Send help to the duchess of Cambridge. Skinny jeans have long been the legwear of choice among fashionistas, but it appears there are health risks associated with dressing like kate moss or the bass player from the strokes.
A 35-year-old Australian woman developed a condition called compartment syndrome, caused by bleeding or swelling within muscles, which an article in the journal of neurology, neurosurgery and psychiatry said was made worse by her skinny jeans.
It's not the first time tight legwear has been subject to health warnings. Other researchers have identified several cases where patients have developed pain or tingling in their thighs after wearing" tight new fashion low cut trousers. Men are warned that skinny jeans can lead to twisted testicles. They are typically urged to wear looser undergarments when they and their partner are trying to conceive, says general practitioner Dr. Sarah Jarvis, because high temperatures are thought to have a negative effect on sperm production.
People with urinary tract infections are advised to avoid skinny jeans. Tight trousers have also been blamed for exacerbating heartburn by putting pressure on the abdomen, which in turn pushes stomach acid upwards - although Jarvis says this tends to be more of an issue when waists are cut unfashionably high.
But it's important not to overstate the risks, Jarvis adds. Compartment syndrome is a fairly unusual phenomenon and in the Australian case there was a" perfect storm" of circumstances. The tightness of the woman's jeans apparently caused her muscles to swell inwards rather than outwards, and the fact she was squatting for extended periods also worsened the situation.
People should be aware there's a small risk, says Jarvis - if you go to the gym and forget your tracksuit bottoms, it's best not to exercise in tight-fitting
Denims. But this is common sense" i'm not going to give up my skinny jeans"