Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Winston NaronhaYour feedback matters!
I have a problem of digestion which also cause a bad breath in my mouth I need a solution for this I have tried many things but none of them works so reply ASAP.
I go to bathroom to empty my bowels every time I eat something or when I have tea or coffee. I feel discomfort in my stomach after eating and then I go to bathroom to empty my bowels. I find difficult to eat home made foods but I greatly enjoyed junk foods, As I eat vegetables like brinjal and capsicum i. I feel irritation in stomach. I do not like this feeling because it arises every time I had breakfast, lunch or dinner. And I even empty my bowels in the morning but I was having the habit of holding stool in childhood, so is this due to stool holding? What are the disadvantages of holding stool?
Slight discomfort in the left testicle when I have gastric problems. The discomfort disappears when the gastric problem is treated. It happens mostly after I eat a lot of masala or spicy food.
Hello sir, doctors said that there is small tumor between two small intestines in stomach based on CT scanning but there is no confirmation in their said words. Please let me know is there any serious problem can arise. Persons age is 85 and he is suffering from stomach pain slightly from last 1 month. Thank you.
Hi doctor ,I have non alcoholic fatty liver disease from last 2 year .My body Weight is 95 kg and Height is 5 feet 9 inch. I have done liver test that shows ast and alt increase so my question is that how can I repair to fatty liver and reduce my fat. I am suffering from stress also from last few days. What do Hepaxa m tablet in case of fatty liver. Please help me.
I miss suffering from insomnia for many months Also me and my wife suffering from acidity while we very less time eat food of outside. Please suggest some remedy. Thanks.
Hi. My father is a patient of anemia. He is facing the digestive and gas issues. Does peppermint tea is good for him, if yes, then which time he may take this after meal of before meal. How many cup he may take in a day.
By this pain bloating reduces.
Hi, Doctor I am 25 year old male, and seeking to very serious problem of ANUS SWELLING because of External hemorrhoids. I am facing this problem since +2 year, some times it get well itself when I used to consume Himalaya Pilex Tablets but after some time it get worst. So my every morning is to worst, because I always have to face difficulty during poop. So please help me and tell me the solution as possible? With Permanent Cure.
Hi I am 63 years old male suffering from diabetes, prostate enlargement, fatty lever, erectile diffusion & pain in shoulder. I am taking following medicines: diapride m2, dutallfa ( dr. Reddy), liv 52 ds & vertin 16. Please check and confirm. Is these are ok?
My husband has fatty liver grade 2 nd mild hepatomegaly. He is taking good diet he stopped talking alcohol but he is smoking .before this problem he used to smoke 10 cigarettes per day. But now he is smoking twice a day. He is telling that suddenly I can not stop. Is that ok. Or should he quit totally.
Can a non alcoholic fatty liver be converted into its normal state. It happens to me during pregnancy. Can I take livomap for this.
I am suffering for weight and gas problem in stomach .and constipation. And feeling hungary every time.
I have a acidity problem. I do Breakfast at 7 am. But sometimes it gets late I eat it late due to works. Then that I'm getting terrible gas pain in right side. The pain is decreasing only after vomiting. Not every time I'm getting this pain only when I eat late.
I have ulcer prob for past 2 years due to that gastric problem also I have i'm taking rekool-L tab on empty stomach daily please help me.
The liver is a key organ in metabolism and will have some amount of fat. However, excessive fat accumulation in the liver can be abnormal and is referred to as fatty liver. If the fat content exceeds anything more than 5% to 10% of the liver’s weight, it would be referred to as fatty liver.
Types - There are mainly two types based on causes:
- Alcoholic fatty liver: This is very common in people who consume excessive amounts of alcohol. Even a one-off instance of binge drinking can cause increased fat accumulation in the liver, but it would not produce any symptoms though. Preexisting hepatitis, pregnancy, obesity, and genetic predisposition may also lead to alcoholic liver disease.
- Non-alcoholic liver disease: This is the less common type of fatty liver, and there would be no alcoholic abuse history here. However, there could be genetic predisposition, obesity, autoimmune liver disease, malnutrition, which can lead to this condition.
Fatty liver disease is a chronic condition with insidious onset (meaning to say, the exact time of onset cannot be pinpointed). However, as the disease condition progresses, symptoms will become evident, which can trigger a medical evaluation to identify the fatty liver. Some of the symptoms include:
- Excessive fatigue and weakness
- Unexplained weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Trouble focusing and concentrating
- Impaired judgment
- Constant, slow enlargement of the liver can cause pain in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen (where the liver is)
- There could be jaundice, where the skin and the white of the eyes turn pale yellow
- Symptoms of liver failure, including increased levels of proteins in the chemical tests.
As noted earlier, it is not easy to identify liver disease, as there are no specific symptoms. However, the above symptoms could point to a potential fatty liver.
- Blood tests, especially for liver enzymes
- Ultrasound, where the liver is imaged to look for any structural changes
- Biopsy, where liver tissue is extracted to confirm the diagnosis of fatty liver
There is no specific treatment for fatty liver. It can be managed through the following, where symptoms reduce in severity, and overall prognosis improves.
- Diabetes control: There is a relation between how well diabetes is controlled and severity of fatty liver. Improving diabetes control ensures fatty liver does not progress.
- Alcohol: Cutting down or even better quitting alcohol, definitely helps improve symptoms. If it is alcohol induced fatty liver, alcohol should be stopped.
- Weight management: Obesity and fatty liver are related, so weight management is essential.
- Healthy diet: Eating a healthy diet and regular exercise regimen also helps improve symptoms of fatty liver.