Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Sir, Left hand pain in upper position at last 2month ago. Please sir suggest me something about that.
I am unable to bear weight on my healed ankle fracture (fracture four years ago). Climbing stairs is a problem. I get pain inside my bone, sharp stabbing pain. This stabbing pain stays for a week or so with no movement and goes away after a week of rest but returns when I climb stairs (put weight on the ankle). Please advise.(The X-ray and MRI reports are normal).
I am 26 year old and I am facing knee pain for several days, I am taking pain killers but it's not helping, what should I do?
I have lumbular spondylosis. Tried medicine from bone specialist but no effect. Want to know best ayurvedic options either here or in kerala.
Doctor, I'm 17 years old now. When I was 16 years I got mild pain in right testes. So, I under went ultra scan. Doctor found, tat I am having varicose veins in left testes (with grade 1) I took homoeo medicines initially. I am free from the pain but I can feel mild twisted veins. Is it serious? Recently we didn't take any scan. Is it possible to cure by doing yoga asanas. please tel me about do's and do not's. What is the treatment. Also, in scan report everything is normal.
Pain in different parts of body like knee,elbow,thumb etc in 15-15 days intervals,hb.10.2 age-34 female wt-70kg
Fibromyalgia is a disorder that causes widespread body pain along with sleep deficits, memory loss, mood problems and fatigue. Symptoms may be triggered after a surgery, physical trauma, infection, or stress. Women are much more vulnerable to this disease than men. Many people affected with fibromyalgia may have suffered from headaches, backaches, depression, anxiety, tension, temporomandibular joint
disorders and irritable bowel syndrome. Most of these patients have undergone multiple consultation with various doctors and undergone many tests, but no diagnosis could be made. These patients are often ignored by doctors and family members as always "complaining of pain".
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
- Extensive Pain: Pain related to fibromyalgia is often depicted as a dull pain that lasts for at least three months. Pain can involve any body part like back,neck, chest, arms, legs. Patients have pain in multiple areas of body and painful areas change over time.
- Fatigue: Patients afflicted with this disorder feel tired even after sleep. Such people are reported to sleep for longer hours than normal people, but their sleep often gets disrupted due to sleep apnoea and restless leg syndrome.
- Cognitive Difficulties: These patients find it difficult to concentrate at work and also suffer from memory deficits in daily activities.
- Other Symptoms: These patients may also have symptoms like burning urination, urgency of urination, numbness,loss of appetite, tingling sensation,diarrhoea, constipation, tinnitus, depression etc
Diagnosis of fibromyalgia:
There are no specific test to diagnose fibromyalgia. Diagnosis is made by a doctor specialised in Pain Medicine using clinical methods based on symptoms and examination. Blood tests like Haemogram, Thyroid function test, RA Factor, ESR are done to rule out other diseases which can cause similar symptoms.
Treatment of Fibromyalgia:
- First step in treating these patients is to accept their problem and discuss with patient and family members regarding the presence of such disease entity.
- Lifestyle changes like active involvement in cardiovascular exercises, swimming, yoga, meditation are important to control symptoms.
- Conventional painkillers do not work in these patients. They requires special medications prescribed by a Pain Specialist for control of symptoms.
- Counselling of patient is beneficial for associated depression.