Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vivek A N
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek A NYour feedback matters!
Hi I am in need of your help with the best way of suggestions, I am suffering from headache that's back side, like this pain this is second time but pain is heavy, It is on the left side of head thank you.
I'm facing breathing problem. Previously faced the same few years back and that was due to asthma. Then I got'Airspace inhaler prescribed form the doctor while I was in delhi and I got well. Again I started facing the same (mostly when I travel to different city). This time i'm facing since last 2 months and I have to use" Airspace Inhaler" once a day to avoid this. Is there any permanent solution for the same?
My aged is 30, not married. Last some years, I am having leg pain. Because of that leg pain I can not able to sleep for the past four years. Even I can not sleep with my friends or with family member, they will make fun at me, because I will punch my calf myself and pushing my leg for pain relief without my knowledge while sleeping. And I can not able to sit for more than 15 minutes, can not able to drive car for more than a hour. Checked with many doctors and took many medicines, but no use. Please suggest me some treatment or some other.
hi I am suffering from frozen shoulder.Tried medicines & Yoga without significant result. Unable to move left hand. Please help
Paralysis can be concluded as the state when the muscles lose functioning in any part of the body. Any kind of disruption in our nerve system can be responsible enough to cause paralysis. Our central nervous system and peripheral nervous system communicate and control our senses of movement. But interruption in nerve impulses can cause weakness in muscles which leads to muscle paralysis.
A paralysed patient will encounter symptoms like:
- Decreasing the motor power
- Decreasing vasomotor control
- Loss of sensation
- Decreasing bowel and bladder control
- Losing the ability of sexual function.
When it comes to treating a paralysis patient, physiotherapy is proven to be the best remedy. Physiotherapy has thoroughly helped patients with paralysis in getting to feel confident and independent. Physiotherapy includes various exercises and techniques which are developed with time in order to provide a complete rehabilitation to the patients.
Types of paralysis:
There are mainly four types of paralysis
- Monoplegia: when one limb gets paralysed
- Hemiplegia: when arm and leg of a single side get paralysed
- Paraplegia: when legs get paralysed
- Quadriplegia: when both sides get paralysed
Treating paralysis with physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy is advised to patients with any type of paralysis. It should be started soon in order to improve blood circulation in the muscles. It also helps in relaxing the stiff muscles. This treatment improves the overall health condition of the patient.
- Physiotherapy is also responsible for reducing any kind of swelling which takes place due to external brain injury.
- Physiotherapy is helpful in making the patient stable and independent.
- It also helps in maintaining the blood pressure.
- It helps to improve the respiratory system.
- Physiotherapy maintains the affected muscles and nerves. It provides strength to the affected muscles and works to prevent the limbs from getting deformed.
- One major symptom of paralysis is a loss of bladder and bowel function. Physiotherapy helps in managing the paralysed bowel and bladder.
- Physiotherapy involves different techniques which can be learnt from a physiotherapist in order to transfer a paralysed patient.
- Othorsis, canes, braces, splints are the equipment that are advised to the patient by a professional physiotherapist.
- Physiotherapy helps in resolving problems such as anxiety, anger, depression, denial which takes place after post-paralysis mental trauma.
- Physiotherapist provides safeguarding tips to the patient and his or her family in order to avoid accidents.
- Physiotherapy has a big role in creating the motivation in patient's mind.
These are the benefits of physiotherapy which help the paralyzed limbs getting stronger and better. But it is always advised to be done under a professional physiotherapist. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Its been long time back I got this problem. B4 itbwas not so serious but day by day nw its been 7 years since I got this disease. I pee frequently n while I pee its burning. I tried and consult many docs but no cure till now. They gave me test like urine culture. Vdrl. And hsv all this came out negative. Everyrime after I have sex or masturbate and I pee it burns alot. And white smelly juice is coming out on pressing n pushing forward my pennis tip. Doc gave like anti bacterial tab. Syrup like citralka. But no cure yet. Some doc said I have to do meatoplasy.
There are many reasons as to why legs may be swollen.
An unhealthy diet
Poor blood circulation
Excessive body weight is all reasons individuals may have swollen legs.
Parsley Tea is wonderful for helping to get rid of excessive fluid in the body.
For the recipe you will need parsley roots and leaves and water.
To begin, chop the parsley very finely.
Add 5 teaspoons of parsley to half a liter of fresh water and cook for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat source, and let the tea steep for 20 minutes.
Strain well. Drink the tea three times per day until the swollen leg condition resides.