Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 24 years old. I had sex with my bf one month ago but I had taken oral contraceptive that time. But we had done it a couple of times in a week n he jerked it n I took the oral contraceptive only once at the end of the week. I check through the prega news after a month n it shows positive. What should I do next? This is my 1st experience n m so much tensed please help me.
I dnt feel anything to eat m 6week pregnant what to do? Is it harmful for my baby also m getting tired so quick.
Why is Gynaecologic Laparoscopy so Revolutionary?
Designed to enable a surgeon to look into a woman’s pelvic or abdominal area for diagnosis or treatment, gynaecologic laparoscopy is fast gaining popularity as a minimally invasive procedure for a host of female reproductive health problems. This surgery is also commonly known as keyhole surgery.
In recent times, this form of surgery has begun to replace the conventional open surgery, as the latter poses disadvantages like greater blood loss or infection.
Depending on the purpose of the surgery, Gynaecologic Laparoscopy involves the making of one or more very small incisions (about 5mm in length) in the area that must be treated. One of the incision(or cut)s is used by the surgeon to insert a laparoscope (a lighted telescope) into your abdomen for seeing the insides of your cavity. Many surgical procedures, which were performed by making large abdominal incisions, are now being done using laparoscopy.
What are problems this surgical procedure is beneficial for?
The various health problems that it can be used to diagnose, treat or both are:
- Endometriosis (a condition that is characterised by the growth of endometrial tissue outside the uterus)
- Ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy wherein the foetus develops in the fallopian tube instead of the womb)
- Sterilisation (blocking of your fallopian tubes through surgery to prevent future pregnancy)
- Ovarian cysts (fluid-filled sacs that develop on the surface or inside an ovary)
- Removal of womb, also known as hysterectomy
- Removal of ovaries
- Fibroids (non-cancerous growths within or on the surface of the uterus)
- Gynaecologic cancers such as ovarian cancer, uterine cancer and so on
- Pelvic pain
What are the benefits you can expect from gynaecologic laparoscopy as opposed to open surgery?
- It is no more required to make large abdominal cuts that are required in traditional surgery, thereby reducing your recovery time
- You suffer from less pain and scarring as the incisions made are much smaller
- A faster return to your normal routine, usually within a few weeks
- Serious complications arising from this form of surgery are very rare