Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vishwa PriyaYour feedback matters!
My age is 23. My height is 6 ft. My weight is 80 kg. I had habit of masturbating 5 times daily since 5 years by rubbing penis against bed for hours. From six month I am facing all the symptoms of adrenal gland cancer like frequent urination. Excessive hair growth on whole body. Numbness and tingling in whole body. Hig bp 150/100. High level of headache. Abdominal weight gain. Thickened and excessive hair growth on head and eyebrows. Abdominal pain since last week. Till now I had 4 ultrasound of abdomen in 6 month and one mri of abdomen. Nothing came in it except right renal cortical cyst. Do I have chances of adrenal gland cancer?
What are the causes for breast cancer in female and may I know the symptoms for that? And how can we get rid of that type of cancer?
A yeast infection in the vagina is characterized by itchiness, irritation in the vulva and vaginal discharge. Inflammation occurs in the tissues of the vagina, leading to constant itching. Though this is not a sexually transmitted infection, the fungus may spread via oral sex where the mouth and genitals come in contact.
The symptoms of vaginal yeast infection are:
1. You may experience a painful sensation during sexual intercourse
2. An itching sensation in the vaginal opening
3. A sore and painful vagina
4. Rashes may develop in the vagina
5. You may have a thick and whitish discharge from your vagina
Apart from this, the symptoms may turn severe under certain circumstances. The risk factors are:
1. If you are a diabetic, then you are at a high risk of contracting this infection
3. If you are taking medications or have infections such as HIV then it may cause your immune system to malfunction. This increases your risk of vaginal yeast infections.
4. Multiple episodes of yeast infections (about 4 or more).
Causes behind it
The vaginal yeast infection is caused by a fungus known as candida. This fungus naturally exists in the vagina along with a bacterium called ‘lactobacillus’. This bacteria produces a substance that controls the over growth of the yeast. Yeast infection occurs when the balance is disturbed due to various factors such as:
1. If you are pregnant
2. Taking antibiotics may modify the pH balance of your vagina, leading to yeast infection
3. Any therapy or medication that increases estrogen levels in the body
4. If you have diabetes or an impaired immune system
Medications such as ointments, tablets and creams are administered to get rid of the yeast infection. It is recommended to not use latex condoms as birth control measures; as the oily nature of the lotions and ointment can weaken the latex thus, increasing the risks of unplanned pregnancies.
There are certain preventive measures which you may adopt to prevent these infections, them being:
1. Do not wear tight fitting undergarments
2. The material of your clothes should preferably be cotton based
3. Do not use hot water for your bath
4. Don’t stay in your wet clothes for long hours
Hello madam, I am 29 years old actually me and my husband are trying for a child from last 5 months and we are not getting any success. How would I know if there is any fertility problem and why I am not getting pregnant. I am very depressed please advise me. If I have to do any test to check the fertility problem kindly advice me.
A Herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc and it refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herniated Disc:
- An untreated case of Herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a Herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herniated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of Herniated disc or slipped disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by Herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule, which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxants, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiscectomy.