Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vishwa PriyaYour feedback matters!
I have irregular periods. I had sex with my husband. I had ipill within 24 hours. He ejaculated in me. I wish to do pregnancy test. How to know when should I do test to detect pregnancy.
Please help me understand what is the best way of pleasurable sex 1. Having sex with condom 2. Having unprotected sex first and then take contraceptive pills.
I have a cyst in my left ovary and it is a complex cyst of 5-6 cm should I go for Surgery or what will you suggest.
I've been having sex with my boyfriend for the past month but we are very safe and always had sex with a condom. And also he never ejaculated inside me even with a condom on. I am 3 days late on my periods. What are my chances of being pregnant?
Is that anal sex with a condom is safe. Am afraid of getting pregnant. Is anal sex is safe from getting pregnant.
Having pcod. From 3-4 months having very irregular periods. 4-9 days delays every month. Having medicines folic 123, normoz,n obimet 500 planning for pregnancy since 7-8 months now. No success yet. I am obese.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility are considered synonymous by most. However, the truth is that they are not and there are a lot of treatment options that can lead to pregnancy, even in a lady who is suffering from PCOS.
Reasons PCOS leads to infertility
Women with PCOS have different hormonal pathways than a normal woman without PCOS. It changes the system of how your body produces the eggs and prepares your uterus for pregnancy. Three reasons why women with PCOS do not get pregnant, or why it is difficult for them to maintain pregnancy are:
1. Women who are suffering with PCOS do not ovulate normally.
2. They have irregular periods and thus their monthly cycles are not predictable.
3. As they have irregular periods, their endometrium may not be prepared when the egg is released. Thus, it does not help in sustaining the pregnancy.
Symptoms of PCOS
There are a lot of symptoms that show the hormonal imbalance due to PCOS.
1. Ovarian cysts
2. Excessive amounts of male hormones
3. High levels of insulin
4. Fertility problems
5. Weight gain
6. Ovulation and menstrual problems
7. Excess body and facial hair
9. Anxiety and depression
As there is hormonal imbalance in a woman with PCOS, the eggs may not develop properly, and at the same time, they may not be ready to get fertilized, thus leading to infertility.
PCOS infertility treatment
The good news is that even if you are one of them with PCOS, there are treatments that can help you to get pregnant.
Here are the drugs that help patients with PCOS.
- Metformin (Glucophage): It helps in reducing the insulin levels and stabilizes the hormones. Thus, doctors often prescribe metformin that will help in making the ovulation cycles regular.
- Clomid (Clomiphene citrate): Another fertility drug that helps in conceiving is Clomid. It may be prescribed with or without metformin. When women with PCOS take these two drugs together, their chances of getting treated for PCOS and getting fertile become more. Many women may need a high dose of Clomid so that they can retain fertility.
- Gonadotropins: This medication is necessary for helping you with ovulation as gonadotropins are hormones that stimulate your ovaries to release eggs. When someone is not responding to clomid then this medication may be tried.
If you too are trying to conceive and yet have not succeeded, and can find the symptoms mentioned above, consult a doctor and start the treatment.
My wife suffering form irregular of periods. Gape of periods is mostly 5-6 month. & blooding is also insufficient. please tell me about its.
Hello dr, i am 29 years married woman, I m facing a problem of white discharge from my vagina with bad smell, please suggest me something what is this problem?
Request you to mention the name of test that needs to be done to check whether I am sexually fit. And my wife has improper menstrual cycle from past 5 months. Any suggestions in bringing back to normal.
I got my Pregnancy test as positive, can you suggest me how to abort at this situation. I got met with my partner 2 months back. But I got my periods in last month. Now it is late I did not get my periods.
Cuts and bruises is a common occurrence in any household. In most cases, they’re ignored and left to heal on their own. However, some injuries can take a while to heal. If you think about it, you’ll also notice that when you’ve injured yourself somewhere, you tend to keep hitting that spot against things and make it worse. Homeopathy is a form of treatment that has negligible side effects and is very effective at speeding up the healing process for bruises and other wounds. Here are a few common homeopathic medicines that you should keep at home to treat bruises etc.
- Arnica: Arnica is very effective when it comes to dealing with deep seated bruises. It can also be used to reduce swelling at the site of the injury. Arnica can be used in pill form or applied in the form of a cream. However, arnica should never be used on an open wound where the skin is cut. In the pill form, arnica can also be used to stop internal or external bleeding.
- Calendula: Calendula can be used to fasten the healing process. Along with bruises, it can also be used to treat ruptured muscles and tendons. When applied topically, it draws out dirt and prevents infections.
- Hypericum: This homeopathic remedy is very useful in treating injuries and wounds that cause nerve damage. It also ensures that a bruise heals from the inside and not only superficially.
- Ledum: Wounds that are caused by a sharp object or formed as a result of painful injections or the after effects of an epidural can be treated with Ledum. It promotes the removal of pus and prevents septic infections.
- Staphysagria: Staphysagria is used to treat sensitive wounds where the tissue is lacerated. In such cases, the sphincters are also found to be lacerated and stretched due to foreign bodies. Staphysagria can also be used to treat extremely painful wounds.
- Phytolacca: This is an excellent remedy for wounds that have a tendency to ulcerate or injuries that cause soreness and can trigger tetanus. Injured fibrous tissue or osseous muscle sheaths can also be treated with phytolacca.
- Bufo: Wounds that cause the area to feel numb and which trigger muscle spasms that leave the patient unable to move the part can be treated with this homeopathic remedy. It can also be used to treat regional hematomas triggered by the rupturing of blood vessels due to the trauma.
I’m Dr K.D Nayyar. I’m the senior consultant and head of the department, Akansha IVF Centre. This centre originated from the last 15 years. We have grown over a period of time and the main aim of this centre is to look after an infertile couple.
Infertility is growing every day, increasing number of patients. It is because the couples are not getting worried about infertility. Previously they never used to come out with their problem. But now they have become more perceptive and even an average middle class, lower middle class think of going for treatment for infertility. Generally speaking 12 to 15% of couples have infertility issues.
When you look at the causes of infertility, the important issue is either it can be a problem in the husband or problem in the wife or many times it can be a problem in both of them. Generally speaking, 40% problem is of the husband, 40 % time there will be a wife, 10% time it is combined both of them husband and wife and 10% we cannot find any reason and we label them s unexplainable infertility.
Coming to male infertility, the male person is responsible for 20 to 25% of the cases and in another 25 to 30% of the cases the male is the contributing factor. So if you look at it male infertility is responsible for nearly 50% of infertility.
At Akansha IVF Centre we are regularly doing the semen analysis and we are doing Sperm Fragmentation Test with the head of sperm media. At our centre, all these facilities are existing under one group. The whole team consists of a neurologist, embryologist, infertility specialist for taking out dreamer sperms. All the infertile couples should approach Akansha IVF Center for all their problems because infertility put a lot of stress on the couples. They cannot keep on going from living their life like that and it is always better to identify and approach a centre which can look after their problem. This is to inform all the couples to approach lybrate for finding out the proper IVF centre where they probably can be tackled.
They can approach lybrate at the website. They can approach directly to me to my clinic.