Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinoth
Submit a review for Dr. VinothYour feedback matters!
I am a gerd diagnosed patient with homeopathy treatment. From now can I eat 3 eggs a day and whey protein and multivitamin capsules. Is there any problem If I take all these? I'm a fitness trainer I do gym workouts everyday. I have seen in the Internet that we can have all the foods after homeopathy treatment. But my doctor is telling me to eat whey protein and multivitamin capsules but don't eat 3 eggs eat a limited 1 egg a day. Cannot I do bodybuilding again? What would be the problem.
Hello Dr. I am suffering acidity, after meal when I drink tea or some eat sweat, then make very acidity and feel in the throat. please take a best advice dr.
Whenever I eat something my stomach getting full with gas and it's not going out anyway, what should I do?
Is taking probiotic taken on daily basis ok. Please advise some probiotic which can be consumed on daily basis for stomach.
My problem is I am go to letrine one time in 2/3 days in because some doctor's are saying my liver is very hard. And I am many medicine but medicine is not useful for me. I can go letrine when I very push at the moment. So doctor's what is solution this problem.
I am suffering from fever even all body parts paining and having acidity what should I do your advice really matters to me?
Dear Doctor I suffering from sexual movements dreams in mind after my right testicular pain and right leg and abdominal pain and back pain also. Please tell reason and solution also.
After eating a meal to your heart’s content, it is very normal to burp or belch. However, it is normal only when it happens occasionally, or after a meal, for someone used to a contented meal every single time. On the other hand, excessive burping or belching can happen due to two reasons.
- Excessive air intake: There are multiple ways that excessive air can reach the food pipe. Sucking on straws, chewing gum constantly and ill-fitting dentures are some common reasons for burping.
- Digestive problems: Ulcers in the stomach, prolonged gastric, gallstones and rarely, esophageal or stomach cancers can also cause burping.
When to see a doctor
Check with a doctor if you have persistent burping, followed by a meal or otherwise, and accompanied by the following symptoms.
- Go slow when eating and/or drinking: Most of us are pressed for time and eating and/or drinking has now become a task that needs to be finished quickly. Eating fast causes air to be swallowed, and therefore one of the best ways to stop burping is to eat slowly. Sitting in a calm, relaxing environment when eating also allows one to enjoy the food and avoid or stop burping.
- Avoid taliking while eating: There is always so much to catch up, whether at home or outside. So, talking while eating is a common practice. This is not just bad manners, but there is also a lot of air that is swallowed, which leads to burping. A solution is to chew the food properly, which not just helps stop burping, but also aids in better food digestion by mixing it adequately with saliva.
- Substitute coke with water: Carbonated drinks are another reason for belching. Replacing them with water, tea, or anything noncarbonated is advisable, not just from burping perspective, but also from the excessive sugar consumption. Carbonated drinks are just sugar solutions, and are absolutely of no nutritive value.
- Avoid straw: When possible, drink from a glass and avoid straws. This reduces the amount of gas taken in and helps stop burping
- Quit smoking: Quitting it has multiple health benefits, and getting rid of smoking is just one of them.
- Dentures: Ill-fitting dentures can be a reason for belching, and so they should be checked and corrected, if required, in a person who has persistent burping.
- Chewing gum: Constantly chewing gum contributes to burping, and so avoiding chewing gum or sucking on hard candy is another way to control burping.
- Avoid certain foods: Foodstuffs like broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, sprouts, and lentils can produce excessive gas and should be avoided in people who have persistent burping.
Follow the above steps in your daily routine; still if your burping problem persists, it is time to consult your physician.