Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. VinothYour feedback matters!
I am a student of CA Final. I sit for long hours to study. What sort of food intake is required to have good brain health and avoid gastric problem I am facing these days. Kindly suggest a diet plan for the whole day specially for breakfast.
My last periods was on 17th of last month yesterday I had a spotting but not bleeding. Late night I had pain in my abdomen. I intercourse mith my partner 6 days ago. Is this is the symptoms of early pregnancy. If yes then please help me with this.
I am 40 years old I am survive last 9 years for gas problem already checkup ulcer fatty lever result are negative kindly advice me.
What is remedy to cure gall bladder stones there are two stones measuring 2 mm and 1.7 mm as per ultrasound report.
Dr. Saheb aksar mere pet me gais banti h jab ki kabji nahi rathi or khana time par Hi khata hu be wakt nahi khata koi upay bataye.
I'm 22 Years Old i'm having two Gallbladder Stone and mild fatty infiltration of liver is there any chance to clear by naturally?
He is suffering from pain in the anus and he is not able to sit properly due to pain. He can't defecate and if he does it is too hard for him. He has two small boils also in the anus. please help he is in excess pain.
My mother is 52 years old. My mother have muscles pain (low intensity) in whole body which remains most of time, during housework. The pain goes when body muscles are pressed via hand. Also, have problem of long term stomach gas due to weak liver and intestine.
My mother has gall bladder stone from last ten years. Now it hurts her a lot. She refused to get operated for this. Any medicine that can help?
Dear sir blood comes from ass hole with some other matter with out pain. This was continued from past two years and came once or twice in a month.
I had pain in my lower abdomen at right side. Sometimes it's too high n many times it's feels like low. Gaining weight simultaneously.
I am suffering from chest pain for 2 days what should I do to get off it, is there is any serious problem, and I have acidity.
The human body with its multiple organs is a highly complicated structure and one or more organs often malfunction for various reasons. However, for some, no reasons are identified for this problem. One such is irritable bowel syndrome or IBS as it is commonly referred to.
It is a common disorder affecting the large intestine leading to alternate bouts of diarrhea and constipation, abdominal cramps and a feeling of fullness. It is common in people younger than 45 years of age, affects women more than men, and though the exact reason is not known, the following are attributed.
1. Signal issues between the brain and intestines: For various or even unknown reasons, the brain may not be able to send the right signal to the stomach to process food, making the stomach to be hyperactive and have an increased sense of pain or sensitivity or discomfort. Neurotransmitters, which are chemicals responsible for sending signals to various organs also could be involved.
2. Hormonal connection: Menstrual periods tend to aggravate symptoms of IBS, while postmenopausal women are largely free of IBS symptoms.
3. Genetics: People with a family history of IBS are more likely to develop IBS too.
4. Aggravating foods: Foods rich in carbohydrates, spicy foods, fatty foods, caffeine and alcohol aggravate IBS symptoms. Ability to absorb sugar could be a cause too.
5. Infections: Some people with IBS have certain bacteria identified in their gut which produces excessive gas and this could lead to altered bowel movements.
6. GI Motility Issues: Alterations in the way the food passes through the stomach can lead to either constipation (slow movement) or diarrhea (quicker movement). There could also be spasms and contractions after eating, especially if the stress levels are high.
7. Psychological issues: Panic disorder, anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder are common in IBS patients. It is possible that they are not able to express their psychological stress, it manifests as physical symptoms. Stress increases symptoms of IBS and vice versa.
1. Manage stress: Meditation, yoga, support groups, medication and even hypnosis in severely stressed people helps control stress, providing great relief in IBS symptoms.
2. Lifestyle changes: Reduce alcohol and smoking
3. Dietary changes: Avoid aggravating foods, increase the amount of fiber if you have diarrhea and space out meals to avoid intestinal overload
4. Herbal remedies: Probiotics, peppermint oil and a variety of herbal medicines are available.
5. Symptomatic medications: Based on presenting symptoms, different medications including antibiotics for infections and motility drugs can be used. Anti anxiety and antidepressants are also prescribed to manage the psychological issues.
In terms of causes, symptoms, or treatment, IBS requires a very individualized approach and your doctor is the right person to discuss this with and decide. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.