Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinod Kumar
Submit a review for Dr. Vinod KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 22 years old and from last 1 .6 years I am not able to digest milk. If I drink milk sometimes than I suffer from constipation. Can you explain me the reason for the same?
I am 30 years old and most of the time I get fever ,gastric and other diseases .so I visit doctors but the results are always not so serious .so I want to take some multivitamins to get some energy and higher antibody rate in my body.
I'm having sharp pains in left waist when I touch its very sharp and otherwise it is dull ache in my waist. I noticed blood in my stool. What it can be doctors please help me its very concerning for me. I don't have any other symptom like vomiting nausea fever.
I am on my 8th month of pregnancy and lifted a very heavy stuff after which I got a very sharp pain in my lower left abdomen. I then tried to lie down on bed and the pain went away in a minute. I still can feel the same pain whenever I move my body are stand up to walk. Don't know what has happened to my body after lifting that object. But yeah there's no blood discharge or watery discharge and things like that. But still m' having this pain in walking. It's been around 5 hours now What should I do for this pain?
I am 24 years old, I am Fitness and Martial Arts Trainer, I am suffering from both Knees and Calf Pain due to excessive exercise while teaching in class. It is effective me also in digesting problem and repeatedly Toilet Problems.
I am suffering from fatty liver my total bilirubin 0.9 mg direct bilirubin 0.3 mg indirect bilirubin 0.6 mg aspartate transaminase SGPT is 75 U/L .Alanine transaminase SGOT is 158 U/L alkaline phosphatase 95 u/l .is anything to worry. What diet should I taken. Am taking medication on this Evion 400 mg ursocol 300 mg. Please reply.
I scanned usg of whole abdomen in my report my liver is fatty is it very dangerous what r it's effect on my health pl. Tell.
For a past few days around a week I feel wet in the anus at different times and sometime when I sleep and wake up I also feel weird taste in mouth too, also some symptoms like bloated stomach and loose motions too.
I am 50 year old man. I suffer from diabetes and acidity. Recently I was diagnosed with increased uric acid. What should my diet be considering all problems?
I am 58 years old. The moment I eat even a single bite of anything I get acute burning sensation in my stomach which is not tolerable. I consulted the doctor and he said that it is due to acidity. I started taking medicine for acidity empty stomach but of no use. Kindly help.
I am a male 50 years and my SGPT level is 53 and according to report is should be 5_30 .What can be the complications presently he is taking hepray capsules for this.
Hi, my partner feel acute pain while having intercourse and sometimes pain is unbearable. Is there is any issue in her lower abdominal . Please advice or she need to take any medicine to get relief.
Benefits of choliv-L syrup for Gallbladder stones affecting liver and what is its dosage. And if so, then is it good or bad for liver disorders.
I am a 60 yr. Male with height 180 cm and weighing 80 kg. I suffer from alcoholic cirrhosis since 2000 and had my gall bladder surgically removed due to stone in 2010. I am genetically disposed to diabetes mellitus but it is generally controlled (80 - 150) with insulin injections and drugs. A gastroenterologist I went to for advice told me after an endoscopy that the veins in my oesophagus were dilated and I would have to undergo banding if I wanted to live. After 4 bandings and endoscopies he now says I have severe fibrosis and that I will have to visit him every 3 months. Now I have doubts that it might be because he has to make more money for the hospital he works in and both the above mentioned procedures cost a lot besides medical tests and medicines. Thus I am in a quandary as to what to do next. Am I being paranoid?
I am 22 years old boy, sometimes I bleed while going to motion. This is happening from past two years, I bleed from motion continually for a week this happens once in two months, is there any risk for life or any precautions for cancer?
I am 31 years old man. I am facing acidity problem from long time. When I was eat any oily and heavy food I faced acidity problem.
Sir, I have too much acidity problem even sometimes I daily eat Rabeprazole DSR capsules. Is there is any permanent solution of this problem?
Hii sir. I'm 23 years old and I have digestion problem if I ate fried rices acidity happens and stomach ache.
When there is excessive acid build-up in your body, you experience a burning sensation in your chest. This condition is called acidity.
You feel a burning sensation in your chest, your mouth tastes sour and your throat may feel sore during bouts of acidity. An antacid can give you quick relief, but sometimes, you might feel like it isn’t working very well for you. Ayurveda may help you in this case.
Ayurveda is safe, and it provides a natural way to heal acidity.
Here are some Ayurvedic remedies for acidity:
1. Bananas: The potassium in bananas is an excellent antidote to acidity. Eating a ripe banana can provide you relief from the discomforting symptoms of acidity.
2. Milk: The calcium in milk bars acid build-up and absorbs the extra acid produced. For best results, drink cold milk to ease your discomfort.
3. Mint leaves: Mint reduces acid production and cools the burning sensation in your stomach. Chop and boil some mint leaves; then drink the cooled solution for relief.
4. Tulsi: Tulsi boosts mucus production in the stomach and has antiulcer properties. To ease your discomfort, chew on 5-6 tulsi leaves.
5. Cardamom: Elaichi, or cardamom, is a multi-purpose remedy. It stimulates digestion, reduces stomach spasms, soothes the stomach lining and prevents excessive acid production. Just crush two pods of elaichi in boiling water and drink it for quick results.
6. Cloves: Cloves boost saliva production, which helps in digestion and reducing the symptoms of acidity. For relieving acidity, just bite a piece of clove and keep it in your mouth. The oils released from the clove will reduce acidity within no time.
7. Aniseed: Aniseed cools the stomach lining, which reduces the burning sensation. Simply chewing a few aniseeds or saunf seeds, can bring about instant relief.
8. Cumin: Cumin stimulates saliva production, which aids in improving digestion and metabolism. You can eat cumin seeds, or boil them in water and then drink the solution for relief.
9. Ginger: Ginger improves digestion and helps absorb and assimilate essential nutrients better. It also protects your stomach from ulcers by boosting mucus secretion, which reduces the damage to the stomach lining caused by acid.
10. Amla: Also called the Indian gooseberry, amla has high amounts of vitamin C in it, which helps in healing the agitated lining of the stomach and oesophagus. You can consume one teaspoon of gooseberry powder to prevent acidity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.