Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijit K.CherianYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my left breast continuous at low for some days but I had not notice any sist in it but feel some hard space. Please guide what I do and whom I may contact. Thanks sir.
My lips are getting darker day by day. What should I do to lighten it? Please suggest a good and quit remedy.
Hi I'm an it employee and I worked in night shifts for about 4 months and now I can see some dark circles around my eyes can you please suggest me some ointment or cream to get rid of that. Thank you.
I had skin drafting on my right thigh and the skin was taken from left thigh. Now it's been 2 years but the dark patches are there, it look embarrassed. please tell me some solution so that it get normal as before or get normal color skin.
I am 24 year old female I am suffering from dark circles I am using mela 3 cream at night n topcort cream in morning prescribed by Dr. bt I am confusing everyone saying that hydroquinone cream is not safe for face it cause cancer is it true? After dis continue using this cream my face will darken? please tell me about this I use this cream or not?
Hello sir last two year se mujhe agzima ki kafi taklif hai har taraf treatment karwaya but kahi se aram nahi aya kafi paise kharch ho gaye or kya apke yaha se mujhe koyi fayda ho sakta hai? Thanks in advance.
If there is too much blackness on the neck what does it symbolises can you suggest a good cream or medicine to cure it.
I have black brown spots on my face, I have 2 years old baby. My face skin looks very dull. please advice. Thanks Anita.
I have an oily skin face and so much of black spots and acne pimple problem. So let me know the best face wash, moisturizer, scrub, face pack, available in the market and I need whitening effect too. The next thing is my hair. I hv well volumized hair 3 years back but now so much of hair fall. So I want get rid off hair fall. And I want black thick hair and regrowth of hair too so suggest me nice conditioner and shampoo, oil, hair gel for that.
Sir I am getting big pimples on my cheeks from 10 days they are like hardened. Nd with outer part pure black how to remove from inside as am using facewash too now. Please tell me any tablet please.
I have a skin disease and keep on getting scars on my hands and have one on my head as well. They look very ugly and hairs start to grow on these scars. And once it comes it never vanishes and hairs grow on it. It's very ugly looking and without any reason a scar pops up within a month or two. How to remove this scars. Please help me out. Hairs starts to grow on them.
Hello doctor I am Raj and my skin are very rough and I am very lazy man so you suggest me pls any medicine to give up my laziness so you suggest me any medical to leave my skin disies and level this problem and laziness.
2. Skin folds or creases (groin, underarms, abdominal folds) need to be kept clean and dry. Increased moisture and warmth in these areas may act as a good environment for microbial proliferation.
3. Wear cotton clothes in summers. One should preferably use a footwear with good aeration if frequently getting foot infections or use powder prior to wearing shocks and try to remove shoes and provide aeration to feet during recces time.
4. Skin rashes can not only be due to infections, but also be caused by allergy to footwear, cosmetics, tapes, soaps, fabrics, color leaching out of fabric, jeans buttons or sometimes due to irritant dermatitis on coming in contact with irritants like certain highly concentrated disinfectants, etc whole body rashes could result from food or drug allergies or viral exanthem (viral fevers). Consult a dermatologist to ascertain the type of rash and take proper treatment. Avoid self medication as it may complicate your condition. E. G. A rash of hepres zoster may be mistakenly treated by self medication and when it does not respond one reaches the doctor late when actually the treatment should have better results when started within 72 hours, and best if started within 24 hours. The risk of postherpetic neuralgia that is pain persisting after treatment for herpes zoster skin rash is higher when treatment not started early.
5. Use moisturizing creams or ointments for dry skin. Avoid alcohol based products over dry skin as it will cause further dryness.
6. For people with urinary and stool incontinence- use good diaper and change them frequently. Change diapers immediatley on soiling with stool. Urine and stools can irritate the skin and damage the skin barrier and cause breakdown of skin- red rashes, raw areas.
7. Avoid frequent use of excessive talc powders as they can" cake up" and keep moisture in and thus promote microbial growth in folds especially over neck fold of small children.
8. Use proper fitting footwear with soft soles to avoid hardening of skin at pressure points. Regularly use moisturizer over feet at bedtime to keep the feet soft and supple. Weekly soaking the feet in lukewarm water for 20 min and pat dry and apply moisturizer at night would keep feet softer. For diabetics if they have neuropathy use plain tap water or lukewarm water should be checked by someone else to ascertain the water temperature is just warm.
9. In old people with thick nails, its easier to cut the nails after soaking in water for 30 minutes.
Hi I. 35 years old I have very poor appetite and due to less sleep I have dark circles under my eyes. Kindly advice for a solution. Thanks.
Sir . I got accident last 3 years back . On my right cheek some scar is there . How to remove that scar . I have used lot of creams . Can pls tell me the clear solution.
Rashes on skin with mild inflammation and occasional itching. Blood comes on rubbing it harsh due to itching.
Skin infections may be caused by bacteria, fungi, viruses. Infections can lead to skin conditions cellulitis, impetigo, eczema. Many skin infections are mild but some can become sever. Skin infections spread to bloodstream can became life threatening.
Follow few steps -
Keep your hands clean to reduce skin infection.-one of the easiest way to prevent skin infection is with good hand hygiene.
Wash your hands frequently. After wetting hands, applying soap, rub hands together for 20 secs, rinse well and dry thoroughly.
You can also use senitizer.
Wash hands before having meal, coming from outside and after using any equipment.
Clean cuts or breaks in skin as soon as possible -- once you get cut, was it with soap and rinse thoroughly with water. Make sure you remove any visible dust in or around wound.
Apply antiseptic, antibiotic ointment to cut, abrasion. This may destroy any bacteria and prevent skin infections.
Cover up open sore cut with bandage to keep it clean, dry.
Moisturize dry skin --dry skin may lead to cracks which can allow bacteria to enter the cut, use moisturizing lotion to prevent cracks, peeling of skin.
Breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that help in detecting lumps or other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same.