Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijayalakshmi
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VijayalakshmiYour feedback matters!
What is causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
Hello everyone. I need your help An year back I had a thyroid cyst in which there was pain. I had homoeopathic treatment and it went away. But now it has started to appear and I have pain in it whenever I eat something or drink something. I want to know if there is something serious. Also please suggest me some remedies.
We are planning for the family. But my wife is not able to conceive since past 8 months. The x Ray says her uterus is not in position. The face is a bit on the left side. We had IUI but still the result was negative. Now we want to plan naturally. She had hyper thyroid that has been operated 2 years back. Now taking thyronorm daily. Are there any specific positions to be taken care for while intercourse.
My daughter is having type 1 diabetes. As told earlier about her condition that she is getting lo frequently. She is not taking insulin since 3 days but still she is getting lo and she is not able to get up in that condition. She is eating all the varieties that normally should not be eaten like sweets, Chocolates Banana, juice etc .What should she do to increase her blood sugar levels.
Hi Last week I got Kidney panel test done from Lal path lab and results are, pl advise Uric acid. 7.30 Creatinine. 1.07 Urea. 60 Uric acid. 7.30.
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that results in higher levels of blood sugars in the body. It is assuming epidemic proportions, and India has become the new diabetic capital with more than 50 million diabetic people. The main problem with diabetes is it does not completely go away, and there is a whole myriad of issues that it brings along with it. Heart attacks, strokes, eyesight problems, delayed wound healing, nerve damage and impotence. Therefore, diabetes and by that we mainly mean blood sugar levels have to be managed so that there is delay in onset of the associated conditions and/or reduced in severity.
Ayurveda refers to diabetes as Prameha (excessive urination) and Madhumeha (sugary urine) and has identified close to 20 forms of the disease. According to Ayurvedic belief, each disease is caused due to imbalance in kapha, pitta, and vata doshas and diabetes is caused by all these, predominantly by kapha. With any stream of medicine, management of diabetes involves two tracks - one is lifestyle changes and the second is medications.
Lifestyle changes include the following:
- Diet: Reduce the amount of rice, sugar, potato, sweet fruits, maida, deep fried foods, and red meat. Protein-rich foods like lentils, soya, green leafy vegetables and fish should be increased. Diet plan should change to small, frequent meals instead of binge eating.
- Exercise: Include 30 minutes of regular exercise into your daily routine if you have a diabetic predisposition.
- Others: Avoid smoking and alcohol, ensure sufficient sleep, avoid sleeping during day time, improved foot and eye care, periodically check sugar levels, and manage stress levels.
Ayurveda has a whole lot of home remedies proven to be very effective against diabetes.
- Jambhul: Eugenia Jambolana whether eaten raw or juice extract has been shown to have beneficial effects in managing sugar levels and cholesterol.
- Gymnema sylvestre: Used to manage diabetes for over 2000 years, it reduces sugar cravings and is being touted as the future for diabetes treatment.
- Bitter gourd (Momordica charantia): It has 3 components that give it strong antidiabetic properties. The charantin reduces blood sugar levels; the polypeptide has insulin-like effects; and lectin that again has hypoglycemic effects.
- Bel (Aegle marmelos): Also known as wood apple, leaves of the plant are shown to have antidiabetic properties. 5 to 10 leaves can be chewed on a daily basis to help control blood sugar levels.
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum): Consuming 10 g of fenugreek seeds soaked in water increases the amount of insulin produced, thereby increasing sugar breakdown.
- Neem: Chewing about 4 to 5 leaves in the morning on an empty stomach helps to control blood sugar levels. Alternately, neem leaves powder is available which can be dissolved in water and consumed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My creatine is 1. 0, Urea 25, Uric acid 9. 2 But no pain, my hba1C 5. 4 But the laboratory normal urea level is 14---45 But I searched internet normal urea level is below 20 Whats this.
I'm 49 years old man. My Uric acid level was high. Due to that I'm taking" Bencid 500mg" every day for the last 8 years. Prior to that I was taking" Zyloric" I'm suffering it for the last 20 years. For the last 7 years, I'm also suffering uncontrolled night discharge during my sleep. Is there any relation between" Bencid" and night discharge? Is there any solution to get rid of uncontrolled night discharge during sleep?
My daughter 12 years old and have last 2 years diabetes please suggest me and start with homeopathic treatment and please call 8871221896.
How to reduce uric acid, my age is 29. I have a knee pain left leg, uric acid is the reason for my knee pain? I have a doubt.
58 years Male. No smoking/No alcohol/ But diabetic. Fasting sugar 140 and PP is 190. What should I do?
I am 59 years old and recently when I tested my blood sugar on fasting was 126and after break fast it was 238. What should I do? please advise.
I am a diabetic from many years. Now I am on insulin. How to control diabetes without taking insulin. Also would like to know about medicines I am currently taking gluconorm forte 1 gm and exermet 1000 and for blood pressure amlosafe ls. Is there any alternate to the first medicine written by me?
How to cure thyroid? I have hypothyroid and i am getting fat so how can I loose my weight? And I have hair fall problem too? What can I do?
- Sleep Apnoea
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Fatty liver disease