Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijayakumar RamnathanYour feedback matters!
I am 46 years male I know drinking more water is very nice result and I am drinking also but due to my heart problem my cardio Dr. advice to drink only 1.5 litre water in whole day what to do I fear if I drink less water my kidney will come in problem please advice.
I am shailendra (Male) 38 years old. I am suffering from kidney stone from left side. Now I am taking cystone one tablet for one day from last 20 days. But no relief.
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water.
My mother age 55 years. She suffering from burning urination since early morning today. Please give me some home remedies advice.
What is the cause of trembling? In case of diabetes patients, can it be happened? Or in urine infection?
Hello Sir/Madam My father's creatinine level 5.2,Urea is 135, potassium is 5.4. But H. B. Is 6.4. I want to know the blood level is very low and urgent basis any blood transfusion or any blood increase injection required or we wait for some time for increasing the level. Thanks
I am suffering from stomach pain from many days after diagnosis I came to know that I had stone 15 mm in gall bladder and swelling around it doctor said to do surgery can this treated with out surgery and stone will remove please help me.
My mother has to go to urine 3 to 4 times in the night time. That is disturbing her sleep. We went to doctor and got all the tests done. Doctor prescribed tablets but that did not help her. Can you please mother with this issue? Thanks
Having stone in middle calyx of left. Kidney 4.2 mm. Tiny cyst of. 9 mm with wall calcification small. Direct inguinal. Hernia in at right this is based on my. Latest finding KUB. USG. And as per urine routine. RBC. 5.6. And WBC 2.3. Now my issue is having burning urine. And right testicle pain on. Medicine. Since 5 days 2 tab. Neeri trice a day Alka 5. 2 Tbspn twice a day. And. Zifi 200 twice a day 7 days (as I am allergic to Sulfa and other antibiotic group)
Blood in urine, medically known as Hematuria is not usually a cause of concern, but it can translate into an adverse condition if left unevaluated. The kidneys and other structures in the urinary tracts such as urethra (tube connecting the bladder to the outer part of the body); bladder (that stores the urine) and ureters (tube joining the bladder to the kidney) are the sources of blood flow to the urine. Hematuria can be accompanied by symptoms such as discharge of tea-colored, brownish-red or pink colored urine due to the presence of red blood cells, traces of which can only be detected under the microscope.
Underlying causes behind this disorder might be
- Urinary tract infections is where the bacteria enter the body through the urethra and begin to proliferate in the bladder.
- Kidney infections (pyelonephritis) is when bacteria infiltrate into the kidneys from the bloodstream or travel up from the uterus to the kidneys.
- A kidney or a bladder stone is marked by the minerals in the concentrated urine precipitating out and molding into crystals that deposit on the bladder or kidney walls.
- Enlarged prostate is a condition in which the prostate gland, that is situated just below the bladder surrounding the upper part of the urethra, starts growing as males head towards their middle age.
- Kidney disease such as glomerulonephritis causes swelling of the kidneys, thus disrupting the filtering system.
- Bladder, kidney and prostate cancer are also possible causes.
- Hereditary disorders such as sickle cell anemia (a hereditary disease of the red blood cells in the hemoglobin) can also pose as a cause behind this disorder.
- Kidney injury as a result of heavy blows, accidents or injuries sustained while playing a spot can also contribute to this condition.
- Medications such as penicillin or the anti-cancer drug ‘cyclophosphamide’
- Strenuous physical exercises like intense workout or running may also result in Hematuria.
There is no fixed cure for Hematuria; instead the doctor would work on treating the repressed conditions behind the symptoms, such as prescribing antibiotics to heal the urinary tract infection or a medicine to shrink and normalize the enlarged prostate or administer a shock wave therapy to destroy the kidney or bladder stones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.