Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya JaydeepYour feedback matters!
What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
As you are aware, diabetes is an increasingly common problem not only in adults but with children and young people too. Preventing or delaying diabetes is possible with a few lifestyle changes. And for those who have been diagnosed with type-2 diabetes, changes in lifestyle can prove beneficial to keep it under control. This is important and should not be taken lightly as diabetes can lead to other serious health complications. There are few simple things which if done regularly can keep you safe and absolutely fine.
5 ways to combat diabetes.
1) exercise - do minimum 45 to 30 minutes of exercise like brisk walking (for people with heart ailments make sure that you have done stress test/tmt). Keep yourself physically active all the time this will help you in losing weight, controlling blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol. It will also improve insulin sensitivity in your body.
2) high fiber diet - include high fiber foods like fruits, vegetables, leafy vegetables, beans, nuts, seeds, and whole grains, cinnamon, green tea in your diet. This will improve your blood sugar level and also reduce your risk of developing diabetes and helps you to lose weight. Do not get into fad diets and tv commercials as they are often misleading.
3) reduce stress - tension and worry releases certain chemicals (stress hormones) which can increase your blood sugar level. Try relaxation therapy like meditation, yoga, music and soundful sleep.
4) restrict intake of alcohol - alcohol increases body weight, triglyceride (cholesterol) level and blood pressure. They may make you unaware of symptoms of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar which may be dangerous). They are empty calorie with no nutritional value. Permissible limit is 2 drinks (60ml) a day for men and 1 drink (60ml) for women, it is also not advisable to smoke.
5) regular check-ups - make sure that you regularly check your blood sugar levels and modify treatment from your diabetologist doctor (if required.) your body and your friend/ relative / colleague's body are different, so is your need of medicine for diabetes as well. What works best for them may not be right for you. So it is my sincere request is to avoid any self medication as it can be dangerous. Regularly undergo screening for early detection of diabetes complications like eye, nerve, heart, foot, kidney.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Having diabetes which important tests should a person do by itself after short intervals to ensure that he is going right.
I hv diabetes and I am around 93 khs 41 years want to go for a diet programme can you please suggest me why programme should I go for.
Dear Doctor, I feel sleepy all the time while sitting, travelling, reading, watching TV and even messaging or using mobile so many my mobile has fallen down because of this. What could be the reason I am thyroid patient. Please help.
I have hypothyroidism and because my age 22 my weight is 77 I am diet and walking but my weight is not less what to do.
I am diabetic for more than 15 years, I take Metformin 1000at night sustained release, and metformin 500+glymipride 2 mg. Before breakfast. Though I take controlled diet my weight is 68 kg .I am 5'2" Should I Continue same medicines? Should I reduce?
I am 28 years old and suffering from high sugar, not taking any medication for the same and not following any specific diet as well, what are the consequences and what should I do?
I am 27 yrs old female. I have thyroid problem from past 1.5 yrs. My skins is becoming very dull and dark.
Is there anybody who is happy with their body? Definitely not! Almost everyone wants weight loss. While some want to reduce their overall weight, others are concerned about their thighs, arms, buttocks, and/or belly and get fat loss in these areas. The last couple of decades have seen a drastic change in the lifestyle of people. With more processed and refined items finding their way into each of our meals and physical activity drastically declining, the new epidemic is obesity. No germs causing it, but our foods.
Extensive research is being done to identify newer methods to manage obesity. The complicating issue is also that once lost, the chance of fat re-accumulation always exists. One such new technique is the ultrasonic lipolysis. This technique involves the use of ultrasound waves to kill the fat cells (lipo - fat, lysis - kill). This is a noninvasive method wherein localized fat deposits are reduced, thereby helping in fat loss especially in areas like the abdomen, hips, thighs, upper arm, and buttocks and resulting in further weight loss. This is an advanced technique available to patients who want to achieve weight loss and body contouring too.
How it Works?
The fat that is consumed through foods is digested but then accumulates under the skin. The accumulated fat is seen as fat globules or bubbles. These bubbles are difficult to break, but attract
more fat bubble formation and therefore fat accumulation continues over a period of time. After a detailed case history and examination, a customized programme is drawn that could be of 3 to 5 sessions spread over a period of one to two weeks.
During each session, heat waves of different wavelengths are applied to the area of fat deposition through fiber-optic lasers which start the process of fat loss. The sound energy gets converted into
mechanical energy which helps in bursting of the fat molecules. By a process known as emulsification, the larger fat cells are broken into smaller ones, almost to a liquid form, thereby reducing fat deposits.
Benefits of this include:
- Improves body contour
- Reduces body circumference
- Muscle toning and firming
- Localized body shaping
Earlier, liposuction was used, which would remove the fat leaving sagging skin behind. New research has shown that a combination of lipolysis and liposuction can produce the best results for fat loss. There is no sagging of the skin in these patients and as an added advantage, there is also skin firming indirectly when Lipolysis is done.
Studies have shown that obesity is linked to increased morbidity with higher incidence of cardiovascular disease, stroke, and paralysis. It is therefore, extremely essential that both women and men do all that is possible for weight loss and fight obesity.