Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya JaydeepYour feedback matters!
I am 15 years old. I want to ask that my grandma is suffering from diabetes from about 1 week her sugar level is increased so I want your suggestion what to do.
I have fasting sugar level of 126. I am trying to bring this level within acceptable limit by changing my lifestyle. I am not taking any medicine. I am a male aged 53 and a vegetarian weighing 74 kg. Please suggest ideal breakfast, lunch and dinner. Presently I am taking cornflakes with milk (30gm with 300 ml without sugar) as breakfast. 1.5 chapati with a small bowl of rice with dal and vegetable as lunch and a full plate of salad including papaya and some sprouts as dinner.
I have checked my blood sugar level through sugar testing machine after having tea only results is 140 please advise that I have sugar or not and advice me what to do to decrease this level.
Hi I am 19 years old female. I have thyroid and my weight is increasing. What should I do to loss my weight. And I have also maintained many diets. But that diet maintaining is not working. Can you suggest me how to loose my weight please.
About thyroid gland
Low functioning thyroid is a new epidemic of the society affecting more than 3% of people. If thyroid function is low, it causes weight gain, loss of energy, cold intolerance and menstrual irregularities in women.
All people who are aged 50 and above should have their thyroid profile (TSH test) done to look for thyroid deficiency.
In younger people, or in cases of infertility, menstrual irregularity, pregnancy, weight gain, one should check for thyroid deficiency.
Iodized salt should be used to prevent thyroid deficiency.
Non–iodized salt is only used in two conditions: firstly in patient with thyroid inflammation and secondly, while doing Jalneti in naturopathy, a yoga–related nasal wash technique.
In pregnancy, even mild thyroid deficiency can affect the growth of fetus hence dose requirement of thyroid medicine is much higher in pregnancy than in non–pregnancy.
In the elderly, the dose of thyroid medicine to be started is always low as compared to one in the adults.
If thyroid deficiency is untreated, osteoporosis (thickening of bone) and/or atrial fibrillation (irregular and fast heart rate) may result. Osteoporosis can cause recurrent fractures and atrial fibrillation may cause brain paralysis.
In Allopathic medicine, thyroid deficiency is treated by synthetic T4 hormone replacement. In TFSP, thyroid extracts are available, which contain both T4 and T3 potential drugs.
In Ayurveda, thyroid stimulant drugs are available but they are effective only if some amount of thyroid gland is available.
As per Ayurveda, eating soya and drinking water from copper vessel is good for thyroid.
I am having a swelling in my left elbow. Earlier there was a pimple like thing but now it's gone and my elbow is swollen and a little red. I AM DIABETIC. I don't remember getting hurt by anything.
My mom have Diabetes from last 7 years. And some time she is suffering so much from different illness like. Flue, hand paining, legs paining, bottom of the legs are burning. So what is the best solution of it?
I have thyroid problem. From past 4 yrs. I have to take a supplement of thyroid every morning. Is their any way to cure this problem so that I dont have to take suppliment any more.
Are you suffering from diabetes and are looking for ideal at home management remedies? Diabetes is a health condition, which occurs when the blood sugar level of the body rises. There are several ways following which you will be successfully able to manage your diabetes. They are as follows:
- Exercise regularly and track your workout patterns. Exercise is the most important lifestyle choice for a diabetic patient, which allows you to maintain a good shape. It boosts your body's metabolism rate and insulin uptake process. By taking notes on your exercising habits, you will be able to make timely and required changes.
- Stop consuming fast food. Try to abstain from eating outside food and reduce your intake of sugar, salt and high calorie food. Meal should be prepared at home using light ingredients and less amount of salt and sugar.
- Quit smoking as it is very harmful, especially if you are a diabetic. Smoking narrows your blood vessels, as a result of which, your blood circulation gets disrupted.
- Increase your fiber intake. Fiber is beneficial for all diabetic patients and helps in smooth functioning of your digestive processes. It also help in reducing your cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- Take care and pay attention to your feet properly. You should wash your feet in lukewarm water regularly and dry them gently. You should moisturize your feet with a lotion. Check on your feet for cuts, sores, redness, swelling and blisters and consult a doctor in case of an unusual foot sore.
- Get your eyes checked frequently as diabetes affects your vision in serious ways, which may also lead to blindness. Regular eye checkups will help you to prevent retinopathy.
- Take proper care of your teeth which includes brushing and flossing at least two times every day. This is because diabetes makes you prone to several serious gum infections. Go for regular dental checkups if you have type 1 or type 2 diabetes and in case you observe swollen, red gums, consult your doctor immediately.
- Avoid stress and adapt ways to eliminate stress. Your body hormones, which are produced in relation to intense stress, prevent insulin from working efficiently, which increases your blood sugar levels and stress levels further. Relaxation techniques are effective for dealing with stress.
- Opt for several small meals instead of a few large meals every day. This helps in keeping your digestive processes active, which in turn increase insulin sensitivity.