Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vezhavendhan
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. VezhavendhanYour feedback matters!
Doctor suggest me to do urine test, today I collect my report, in that there is 3 highlighted column, I want know what is it mean. Urine r/m: qty 20.0 PH: 6.00 specific gravity: 1.005.
What about kidney? Some times pains left side of the lower back and some times its middle of the lower back. Is this cause of kidney stone or something stuck in the urine track? Kindly suggest. Thanking you.
Hi sir I am suffering uti and my lower left side its paining last 2-1-18 my doctor sugest me flotral 1 year and nitrobact for 30 days, it was super pain relief but after 5 months now I am suffering same on 2 1 18, my question is can I repeat the nitrobact capsule again for 30 days and thanks sir for this opportunity.
Doctor. Me bahut Pareshan chal raha hu. Karib 8 se 9 mahine se mujhe urine m jalan ho rahi hai aur badly smell aati hai mere testis m bhi dard hota h kbhi kbhi lekin. Mere sab test ho chuke h, ultrasound, blood test, urine test sab normal h. But doctor me abhi tak thik nhi h.sir please meri madad karo m bahut pareshan hu apni life se.
He as got rectal cancer. Rectum as to b removed bcoz of mass in on rectum. Colostomy as to b done or other option r dere. Bcoz ostomy bag he as got but it is difficult for him vt bag, can rectum b fitted or transplant again.
My six years old son is having mild fullness in pelvicalyceal system of left kidney and upper ureter. Is it serious problem. What could be the reason of it and remedies thereof.
Urine incontinence is a condition that can be caused by one's everyday habits, side effects to medication, or any other long-term physical ailments. A thorough check-up by your doctor can help in getting to the root cause of this condition.
Certain beverages, medicines and foods can act as diuretics. This leads to bloating in your bladder and an increase in the volume of your urine. They include the following:
- Decaffeinated tea or coffee
- Aerated drinks
- Artificial sweeteners
- Corn syrup
- Drinks that contain high doses of artificial flavours, sugar or acid, particularly citrus based beverages
- Heart medicines, narcotics, and muscle relaxants
- Extensive intake of vitamins B or C
- Urinary tract infection (UIT)
Urinary incontinence can also be caused by the following:
- Pregnancy: Hormonal changes and increasedweight of the uterus can cause stress incontinence.
- Childbirth: Delivery can weaken the muscles required for bladder control. It damages the bladder nerves and steady tissue. With prolapse, the uterus, bladder, or the intestine can be pushed down from their usual position and might even protrude into the vagina.
- Changes developed with age: Maturing of the bladder muscle can weaken the bladder's ability to store urine.
- Menopause: After menopause,women deliver less estrogen. Disintegration of these tissues can cause incontinence.
- Hysterectomy: In women, the same muscles and tendons support the bladder and uterus. Any surgery that removes the uterus may harm the supporting muscles, which can prompt incontinence.
- Expanded prostate: Particularly in older men, incontinence usually occurs from growth of the prostate organ, a condition known as considerate prostatic hyperplasia.
- Prostate cancer: In men, stress incontinence or urge incontinence can be connected with an untreated prostate disease. Incontinence is a reaction to medicines prescribed for prostate growth.
- Obstruction: A tumour in your urinary tract can disrupt the typical stream of urine, prompting flood incontinence. Urinary stones at times cause leakage of urine.
- Neurological disorders: Various sclerosis, Parkinson's illness, stroke, a mind tumour or a spinal damage can meddle with the nerve signals. These are important in keeping control of the bladder.
Your specialist may suggest the following:
- Bladder control: You may begin by attempting to hold off for 10 minutes each time you feel a desire to urinate. The objective is to extend the time between visits to the toilet until you start urinating in two to three hour intervals.
- Two-fold voiding: Twofold voiding implies urinating, then holding it for a couple of minutes and attempting once more. This exercise can help in leveraging better control in the long run.
- Fixed toilet time: You may attempt to urinate every two to four hours instead of sitting tight when the need arises.
- Liquid intake and diet: You may need to stay away from liquor, caffeine or acidic foods. Also, the fluid intake may have to be reduced in such cases.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 23 years old and having this problem from last 4 years. For whatever reason after masturbation I will feel an overwhelming urge to urinate (it feels like I need to empty a bucket from my bladder) and I will sit down to the toilet and realise whatever amount of urine that is in my bladder but no matter how much there is the undieing urge to urinate still remains. It does not happen very often and at times it will be worse than others but I am often reduced to begging god for mercy (i am not lining I literally have to do it its so bad) and it happens about 1-2 times every 2 months. I also have a slight pain in my urethra just bellow the tip of my penis. Also I have found when larger amounts of semen are ejaculated the problem does not occur but when I have a large orgasm with not much semen coming out I get the problem. And somehow massaging the scrotum during masturbation also help relieve the problem significantly. oh and I also forgot to note that the unbearable desire to urinate will eventually calm down in an hour or so. I would very much like to get some help on what exactly is wrong with me as it is very uncomfortable and would not like to have it as part of my life in the many years to come, thanks in advance.
Kidneys are a pair of organs that are located on either side of the spine, each about a size of a fist. The kidneys help in purifying blood by removing toxins, waste materials and excess fluids from the human body. Disorders and dysfunctions of the kidney can lead to severe and often fatal consequences. When the kidneys stop functioning as they are supposed to, dialysis is performed to resume normal functioning in the body.
Dialysis is a type of treatment, which filters and purifies the blood with the aid of a machine. It is an artificial way of purifying blood. There are two types of dialysis, namely hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis. Hemodialysis, the most common form of dialysis, which involves using a manmade kidney called a hemodialyzer, which removes toxins and waste materials from blood.
Peritoneal Dialysis, on the other hand, is a type of treatment which involves implanting a catheter in the stomach. During the procedure, a fluid called dialysate flows into the abdomen that absorbs all the waste material, which is consequently drained out of the body.
You may need a dialysis if:
- Your kidneys are dysfunctional
- When waste materials and toxins start to accumulate in the body
- In an event of an injury or accident to the kidney such as internal lacerations (wound caused by the tearing of a tissue)
- If the creatinine (a type of a chemical waste product) level falls to 10-12 cc/minute
- In an event where the kidneys aren't able to work properly leading to accumulation of toxins, irregular amounts of chemicals in the body and other dysfunctions
Weakening of the abdominal muscles and weight gain are some of the risks involved in dialysis. Dialysis is a temporary treatment and serves to function till the time the actual kidneys get repaired. In chronic cases of kidney disease, kidney transplant may perhaps be the last resort.