Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. VenkatramanYour feedback matters!
I am 22years old. I Have pain in calcaneus (in bone of the heel) for a long time. It occurs when we wake up in the early morning, walking, running for 3 years. Pain happens when we walk after taking rest. Pain is only on the back of the heel (in bone behind heel).
Pulled lower back muscle. Severe pain on getting up from sitting position. Almost negligible pain while sitting, lying flat on bed, bet getting up and putting weight forward, forward bending causes pain.
I have pain in my legs and knee from last 03 years. I took pain killers and vitamins D and calcium. At times gulped pieces of raw garlic early morning. In blood test my uric acid is more. Suggest something good.
I am 22 years old I have a pain in my legs and sometimes in stomach, what should I do I can't understand what should I do.
I have spondylosis and I am badly effected. It's too paining. I have already consulted a doctor. What should I do now?
I am an employee in bank. I have to sit in a chair for the whole day. So I'm experiencing a lot of back pain. I can't even able to sit properly. So please help me with the best suggestion as early as possible.
Whenever I take meat like chicken ,mutton , my part of the joint (body) pain like anything and I could not walk properly . What is these type of things call? Is this a gaut. please suggest.
I am a 48 year old male always suffering from terrible body ache especially on legs and back what should I do? suffered from slip disc 7 yrs ago. I drive bike daily 30 kms to work is this the reason? please advise.
Gridhrasi is what Sciatica is known as in Ayurveda. It is the disorder that causes mild to agonizing pain in the sciatic nerve or neuralgia. These nerves, emerging from the pelvis, run along the hamstring and may cause intense pain in one or both the legs when a person suffers from Sciatica. Sciatic pains fill your life with misery as the simplest of daily activities cause sudden and excruciating pain. There are two types of sciatica i.e. true sciatica and pseudo sciatica. Sciatica may be caused due to bulging disc or herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, piriformis syndrome, pregnancy or trauma etc.
According to Ayurveda, Sciatica is caused due to impairment in Vata i.e. the dosha responsible for the functional ability and movement of the body and also in some cases due to impairment in the Kapha i.e. the dosha that is responsible for body fluids and lubrication.
Ayurvedic herbs that improve the symptoms of Sciatica are:
- Babunah is also known as Bitter Chamomile. Not only is it used to relieve and reduce the pain faced by a sciatica patient, but it is also used for treating problems such as rheumatism due to the advancement of age. Compressed bitter chamomile flowers are prescribed for sciatica.
- Guggul is also known as Indian Bdellium. Since guggulu is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it relaxes the sciatic nerves.
- Rasna is also known as Vanda Orchid. Intense or agonizing pain due to the sciatic nerve issues can be reduced by this ayurvedic herb due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Juniper oil is extremely helpful when massaged onto the thigh muscles with firm strokes or pressure. It is used extensively in massage therapy for treating sciatica since the extent of reduction in sciatic nerve pain is tremendous.
- Jaiphal is also known as Nutmeg. After being mixed with sesame seeds oil, nutmeg is coarsely powdered and then fried till it turns brown. This is then applied to those areas where the sciatic pain is intense for instant relief.
- Kumari is also known as Indian Aloe. Properties of Indian Aloe are extremely helpful in treating lower back ailments such as sciatica and lumbago.
- Shallaki is also known as Boswellia or Frankincense. Containing anti-inflammatory properties, shallaki is applied externally to get relief from sciatic nerve pain.
Ayurvedic preparations such as yogaraja guggulu, Vataganjakusha, Saindhavadi taila are also very useful in treating Sciatica.