Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Venkatesh Mathan Kumar
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Venkatesh Mathan KumarYour feedback matters!
He has smoking habit. Smokes 1 or 2 daily. When meeting his friends he smokes a packet nearly 10 on weekend that is one month. How to quit smoking.
Am I mental patient? I use to become angry on my gf if she do not listen what I use to say and start harming myself in front of her. I am very possessive person. Am I mentally ill? What should I do?
My mood is change in moments. Some time I feel something like anger on somebody bt I forget and have no reaction front of him. And I can not express my anger and can not leave anybody away from me. I get hurted from their talks bt for sometime after than I forget about that nd behave same as before. I am feeling uncomfortable with my behaviour.
I am 21 yr old and now aday always feel anxiety and memory loss, sleepiness since 5 month. headache, neck pain and eye blur at night.
My son taking schizophrenia treatment from a psychiatrist Doct. Whether he needs counselling apart from medicines. We need counseling to my son at residences in Hyderabad. Please give details of addresses to whom I contact, out side he is not coming says he don't have problem.
I am 30 year old married woman very underweight just 40kg since many years. Increases sometimes again due to stress goes back to 40. I have anxiety and depression issues since around 5 years. Some months are fine winters are very bad. M taking homeopathic aurum met and for sleep also ignatia. There is relapse every year. How can I be fully and permanently cured.
Depression is a very common emotion you might have experienced at least once during your lifetime. Depression refers to a state of mind when you are feeling low due to persistent sadness and loss of interest. But if the depression is chronic and long lasting for you, then it indicates that you are suffering from clinical depression. Under clinical depression, it is preferable that you go through a proper treatment course by a certified therapist. The Most common types of depressions are:
- Major depression - Under this type of a depression you will be depressed for most days of the week and if this condition extends for a period greater than 2 weeks, then it is a case of major depression. The most common method to treat a major depression is to talk to a mental health specialist and take medications called antidepressants (only after a prescription by a certified doctor).
- Persistent depressive disorder - This is a more severe and long lasting type of depression which is identified if you are depressed over a period longer than 2 hours. The most common symptoms of this type of a disorder are - change in your appetite, too much or too little sleep, lack of energy or fatigue, low self-esteem, trouble concentrating or making decisions, feeling hopeless among others.
- Bipolar disorder - If you are experiencing extreme ups and downs of mood abruptly and without any apparent reason, then you might be suffering from this disorder. This disorder is commonly known as a maniac depression, because during an up phase you will be extremely happy, joyful outgoing and talkative but during the low phase you will be sad, tired and depressed.
- Seasonal affective disorder - This type of a depression might bother you only during the winter season. This happens whenever the days are shorter and your body is not able to get enough of sunlight. This mostly happens in the case of people who are very fond of sunlight, and they prefer the sunshine over dark periods of the night. This disorder is treated by SAD antidepressants and everyday light therapy of 15 to 20 minutes.
- Psychotic depression - Under this type of a depression, you will have a major depression along with some psychotic symptoms like - hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia. Hallucinations mean viewing things that are not there, in reality, delusions are false beliefs or misconceptions and paranoia is the constant fear that somebody is going to harm you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.