Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I am 22 years old I have habit of smoking I tried various anti nicotine chewing gum but I didn't help so now what should I do to quit smoking?
I smile and laugh alone almost all time by thinking about my activities at some other place and forget about reality. For example I think "I am the best cricket player in Team India, playing match and my gf is watching me. Please help me. What is this? Is this a mental disease ?
I have a pregnancy of 3 weeks is there any precautions to take and ways to reduce the stress, as I have some fear in mind relating to pregnancy.
My son, age 14 years, studying in VIII, have no concentration in study, no remembering capacity, always lives in fantasy. what to do ?
He has a little memory loss problem. Which supplement can give to him for better result. Can Amway products can be use?
Due to break up with my intimate girl friend I m very very depressed.I cant sleep properly and feel suffocated many times.Please help me.
I have to busy schedule so at the end of the day I get very tired and feel so stressed so what can I do to recover from this problem.
Hi . Suddenly I woke in the night suddenly and started shouting and doing something. I feel so nervous. How to avoid this. I an suffering from past 7 years.
I am 29 years old I have body ache problem from 6 days I have used pain killer but it do not work please sir help me?
I am Sathish kumar. I am 24 years old and suffer end from stammering problem. Since last five years. Can you please help me out.
My girlfriend tells me that she loves me a lot and somehow I also feel the same. But nowadays she is avoiding me a lot. I am fully depressed. Please help.
Parents sometimes tend to neglect their children due to various reasons. However, this negligence influences the children severely. It can affect the development, personality, relationship traits of the children. Every child needs care and love. Parents are naturally the closest people in a child’s world. Negligence from the closest people can lead to destructive character traits in their personality.
1. Attachment problems: One of the primary and direct effects of parental negligence towards children can lead children to be less attached with family. If a child does not get the warmth and care from parents, he automatically detaches from the family bonding and even does not develop the love and compassionate feelings for the family. This pattern hardly changes over time, and it can even lead to problematic relationship of the child in the future. The child may not be able to be close to his own children later.
2. Brain development: Children are tender and sensitive, just like floral buds. Every stimulus has an action. For instance, a child who is affected by malnutrition suffers from weak neural cells. This can be a reason behind weak brain functions. The basic pillars of brain processes, that is, thinking and logical thinking, everything is affected due to parental negligence. It may lead to low level of self-confidence, depression, frustration, anxiety and stress, troubled thoughts and emotional distortions.
Signs of parental negligence in children
1. Eating Disorders
2. Disrupted Sleep
3. Withdrawal from family bonding
4. Aggressive attitude
5. Bed wetting
6. Missing out school
7. Obsessive traits in behavioural patterns
9. Sudden change in attitude and behaviours
Every child seeks complete attention and love of his or her parents. However, parents may neglect them due to work stress, social obligations, personal problems and other such reasons. But parents should be considerate about the developmental barriers that could be posed due to this type of negligence. Some children also show eating habit changes, abusive attitude, violence or sometimes even plunge into complete isolation. While children require free scope to let their emotional and mental development boost with social activities, neglected children can withdraw themselves from social activities.
This means no friends, no social activity in life. This is a major reason for depression, suicidal attempts, deformed thought processes and misled lifestyle. As a parent, you can offer your optimum care and affection to your child to avoid such mental distortions, which can be avoided with love and warmth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.