Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Venkatesh MadhankumarYour feedback matters!
My 16 years old daughter was prescribed Wysolone @5x25 mg tabs x 4 days then @ 20 mg tabs for 4 days for skin allergy. The course is over day before. She is showing signs of depression crying, feeling lethargic. Wants to sit alone. Otherwise healthy, outdoors type. Medical specialist has said nothing wrong clinically. Request advice.
Hello doctor. I have a problem that most of the time i am lost in my own world and my heart its really heavy, I feel like crying and I don't feel like interacting with any body. I like being alone and i think because of this only my BP goes low. Is there any thing that i can do to get over from this.
Sab kuch thik hone k baad bhi mujhe hamesha kuch boora hone ka darr lga rehta hai. Jaise chalte hooye accident hone ka. Safar krte hooye gadi takrane ka etc etc.
Hello sir I want to help with you. Sir I feel in my throat something in it ex. Lump. But no pain in it. And I am in this time I stopped sometime while talking. My tongue not worked properly. Some word I can't speak quickly in 1st time. I have to use second time again I want to share something to you. Its before I take medicine of fever then it felt reaction then l live it and now I am getting trouble while talking not speak clearly. So sir please give instructions what to do.
How to control depression? All of sudden I get depressed and lost of interest during happy time also.
While small amounts of alcohol do not have any effect on your sexual health, moderate amounts of drinking are known to cause problems in both men and women.
Let's take a look at the effect alcohol may have on your body and sex life:
1. It acts as a depressant - Acting as a depressant (a drug that reduces stimulation or arousal in various parts of the brain), alcohol inhibits certain areas of the central nervous system that are important for orgasm and arousal, more specifically - the circulation, respiration, and feeling of nerve endings.
2. It dehydrates your body - Sexual arousal requires an adequate supply of oxygen and flow of blood to the private areas so as enable you to experience the different sensations that accompany a sexual act. Adequate blood flow in the case of women is important for lubrication and in the case of men for developing and sustaining an erection. Less fluid in the body and a depressed nervous system can affect your sexual performance.
3. It's not an aphrodisiac if you go overboard - Several studies show that alcohol can help certain people to overcome feelings of deficiency or sexual reserve. This can only happen if you limit your consumption to only 1-2 drinks. If you go overboard, the depressant action of the drink begins to take effect preventing your body's ability to react sexually.
4. It causes fewer erections - Drinking large amounts of alcohol or even long-term drinking can cause erection problems to develop. Erectile dysfunction is said to occur when too much drinking causes dehydration leading to a decrease in blood volume and an increase in the angiotensin hormone, which is associated with ED. The likelihood of this occurring gets further increased if the body's central nervous system is unable to act in a natural way.
5. It leads to delayed ejaculation and orgasm - A 2004 study reveals that about 11% of alcohol users face difficulty in having an orgasm. While the men faced difficulty in ejaculating, women participants required more stimulation to reach an orgasm, compared to men and women who did not drink or drank little.
6. It causes vaginal dryness - The dehydrating effect that normally occurs if you drink a lot can also cause vaginal dryness. It causes a decrease in your sensations and hampers the production of vaginal secretions for sexual penetration, leading to painful sex. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.