Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Veena. S. RaveendranYour feedback matters!
I am having conjunctivitis from past 5 days initially it was ok but severe redness in the right eye has occurred from the l.
I have shortsightedness. I am having regular checkups for every 6 months. But for every time their is an increase in my sight. How can I control my problem. Can you please intimate me some homely tips also.
When I try to concentrate on studies then after minutes my eyes become silly that why I cannot cncntrte so give me solution to solve.
Hi, I am 41 years old male, stopped drinks (20 years) and anxiety medications (more than 15 years), stopped chewing tobacco after three years. Current problems - itching all body, hand and legs - throat uneasiness - burning eyes and legs -total discomfort -anxious -swelling feeling in throat - feeling tired , burning legs eyes ulcer itching.
Hi doctor I am 23 years old and have power -1.75 in both the eyes. I have been using glasses and contacts from past eight years. Now I am thinking of lasik can you tell me about the risks involved and the expenses of the treatment?
I have pain in my eyes. I cannot work for long time in front of computer. My eyes become reddish in color and start painting and water comes out. Sometimes over working also cause headache. Can I get out from this I need the suggestion if any eye drop or wat other measure I have to take.
Day by day my eyes getting weak and eyes sight has been increasing what should I do? My diet is proper.
My mom's having a little bit of sight problem. Water drop comes out of the eye unintentionally. So do consult some precise steps .which can lead to Avoid this circumstance.
I have a little problem. I am facing red eyes for 2days, I used pataday drop twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
In summer season my eyes gets DRY white YARN type thing are developed inside my eyelid When I rub them STICKY TEARS are beginning to fall Is it allergy or conjunctivitis or something else please suggest me better medicine.
My eyes are red like 12 years a ago. Eyes are still red but not so pure I didn't have any problems to see how to fixed my eyes like other as normal?
Are you suffering from eye pain? Well, rubbing your eyes is not a wise thing to do under such circumstances. Rubbing will only turn the white of your eye into a scarlet-colored surface. The eyes can get irritated due to the influence of foreign materials like dust particles, flies or remains of beauty products. The eyes also develop pain due to physical injury. Here are some tips to get rid of the eye pain or irritation:
- Use Ice pack: In case of an injury, apply ice pack on the eyes. Cold compression on the eyes for 15 minutes reduces any sort of pain or swelling.
- Cry to smile: Tears are known to have positive effects on the eyes. They prevent the drying up of cornea. It is advisable to bathe the eye with artificial tears.
- Compress your eyes: It is advisable to soak a washcloth in warm water and compress your eyes with that to get relief from pain in sty. Sty is an infection of the eyelid, which reddens the lids and causes pain. Warm compression helps in liquefaction of the oils in the eyes.
- Wash your eye: Irritation or pain is also caused by dust particles in the eyes. Therefore, it is best to wash your eyes with saline solution. Don't use normal tap water or distilled water for washing your eyes.
- Get rid of the invader: Try to remove or dislodge any fleck or speck 'the cause of pain' by using a cotton swab.
- Try the cold treatment: It has been found that dry eyes can be treated best by cold application. Apply a pack of ice on dry eyes for 5 to 6 minutes in every two hours. This helps in reducing the pain and forms tears to keep the eyes moist.
- Flip your eyelids: Try to remove the painful particle inside the eyes by pulling the eyelids. Pull the upper lid gently over the lower one so that the foreign particle comes out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
Learn more to write at email@example.com