Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vc Parthasarathy
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vc ParthasarathyYour feedback matters!
Hi My problem is heart is paining upper side middle side lower side and back side at least 4 months and I am check on dtd. April .16 lipid profile . Normal report ECHO. Normal Report TMT. Normal Report ECG . On dtd 25. July.2016 Normal report MRI. C3. 4.5.6 and 7 nurvse roots r mild diffuse please advise this is heart related issue or a cerival problem please reply.
I am a 21 year old male and my eyesight number is -0.125 and -0.255.I don't want to increase my number and do not want to wear specs. What to do? Can it be cured naturally?
I am Rupesh. I am 23 years old. I am using spectacles. Recently I am having some eye problem like straining and some blueness. Can you suggest me the solution of relieving the pain? I think the power of lenses reduced or my eyesight increased. I am a software engineer. I suppose to see the computer for more hours. Because of these reasons, I think my eyesight got increased.
Hi, my husband is 37 years. His upper eyelid got swollen a month back. Now only it got reduced. But still could find something like a pimple there. Is it anything serious? I tried applying (naamakatti - in tamil). It is white in color and looks like chalk piece. How can we get rid of it. And one more thing, he has dandruff which recurrs the next dayeven after trying neem/lemon shampoo.
I have eye side weak problem past 8 years I wear specticul Kindly suggest me how can remove glasses.
5 - 8% of children suffer from this eye problem & potentially blinding condition. Very large number indeed.
If not treated in time , your wards are risk of loosing precious visions for ever.
Write to know more at firstname.lastname@example.org
2 years back I got pregnant and thyroid got developed in first trimester and after 14 weeks I had to undergo an abortion. Unfortunately I was not diagnosed for thyroid and by the time I started my treatment my right eye got swell and I did the the treatment and now my ophthalmologist suggest only lacra gel for lubrication and eye drops. But my eyes shape is not as it was before. It waters when I am outdoor badly. It has become too sensitive. Please suggest what I should do to get my eyes shape back apart from surgery? Even if I go for a surgery what is the success rate and how safe this type of surgery is?
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose. Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes.Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of the spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in the rigorous physical activity. Contacts are free from all these hassles- they not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles are very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect- they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance- they help you to look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 18 year old and I recently discovered that my right eye has blurred vision to far objects and left eye is working perfectly after treatment doctor tell me that I have 2.5 vision of right eye whereas left is working perfectly so they advice me to wear specs all the day. But I don't want to wear specs I want to cure my problem naturally what exercise should I do and what should I do? I am ready to do anything and tell for how much I have to react wear specs regularly or no need to wear specs just do exercise?
With everything requiring a computer to execute, more and more people end up looking at the computer screen for hours on end. This could range anywhere from a couple of hours to really long hours like 16 to 18. The effect of is a group of symptoms, which are collectively known as computer vision syndrome or CVS (syndrome means a collection of symptoms). The cause of this is the strain and pain resulting from constant staring at the monitor.
It is a type of repetitive stress injury, where a particular organ, the eye here, is subjected to repeated action (staring at a monitor) resulting in a group of symptoms. This is also compounded by age, where the flexibility to adjust to near and far vision is gradually reduced.
Symptoms of CVS:
There is no damage per se, but a constant strain on the eyes leads to:
- Blurred vision
- Double vision
- Dryness of the eyes
- Redness of the eyes
- Irritation of the eyes
- Headaches and neck/back aches
This could be a progressive condition, where the symptoms get worse with time. Treatment is definitely an option once the problem sets in, but this is a condition which can be definitely prevented with some simple, effective steps.
- Desk arrangement: Make sure the desk or monitor is slightly below eye level, about 30 inches away from the face. If you are straining the neck or the back to look at the monitor, it requires a change. The chair also can be changed in height to suit the seating. Also, prints can be pinned to the workstation when something is being typed, so constantly looking up and down while typing is avoided.
- Screen type: Move away from the older tube-style monitor with an LCD screen, which is easier on the eye. Check the computer settings so that brightness, contrast, and font size and shape and contrast are altered to suit your convenience. Ensure you are not requiring to strain to read.
- Alter the lighting: Look around you, and ensure there is adequate lighting with no glares on the monitor from surrounding windows or bright lights. A glare filter on the monitor is an effective way to manage this.
- Rest your eyes: Follow the 20-20-20 rule, with a 20-second break every 20 minutes where you look at something 20 feet away.
- Keep them moist: Blink your eyes constantly to ensure there is enough moisture. Eye drops can be used if required additionally.
- Frequent breaks: Not just your eyes, this also reduces strain on the neck and the back.
- Regular eye checkups: An annual visit, especially after 40, is a must for optimal eye health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.