Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vc Parthasarathy
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vc ParthasarathyYour feedback matters!
Sir I have squint with very law eye vision. I was check out by chitrakoot netralaya. They said it has no permanent solution it has temporary solution. I m 19 year old plzzz tell can treat. It if yes then how plzzz tell me.
I went to eye specialist. He diagnosed it as refractive error. And gave me -.25 for left eye and -.75 for right eye. How can I be sure it is not because of prodep.
I operated my eyes with basic laser ten years back now again my eye sight is weak can I again operate my eyes is it risky for me.
Sight is one of our most important senses. To ensure that your vision is not compromised, regular eye examinations are essential. This is regardless of age and overall health because the only way to diagnose conditions in the eye in the early stages is with a comprehensive eye exam. By arresting them in the early stages, many eye disorders can be easily controlled and treated.
During a routine eye examination, the doctor will look into a number of aspects of your eye's health. An eye examination can also indicate serious health issues like diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma. Some of the conditions an eye doctor looks for during an eye exam are:
- Refractive error: If you already have a prescription this will be checked. In other cases, the strength of the eye muscles is checked for near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism which can be corrected with lasik surgery, spectacles or lenses. The earlier a refractive error is corrected, the lower are its chances of increasing. When it comes to children, they often do not realize signs of vision deterioration and hence, an eye examination becomes essential.
- Amblyopia: This is a condition where one eye has a much higher refractive error than the other or where the eyes are misaligned. If this is not treated in time, amblyopia can stunt vision in the affected eye and result in blindness.
- Strabismus: Crossed or turned eyes are termed as cases of strabismus. This is caused by the misalignment of the eyes and can cause problems with depth perception. This can lead to amblyopia and eventual blindness if not treated in time.
- Focusing and communicative problems between the eyes: An eye examination can also determine problems with focusing on objects. With children this can be a sign of underdeveloped focusing skills while in adults it can be a symptom of presbyopia or age related diminished focusing ability. Your doctor will also check how well your eyes work together. If they do not work in tandem, it can cause headaches, eye strains and problems with reading.
- Diseases: By looking at the blood vessels and retina of the eyes, doctors can detect signs of high blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Leaks in the blood vessels or bleeding in the eyes can also be a sign of diabetes or swelling of the macula.
- Age related conditions: As with the rest of the body, the eye tissues and muscles also degenerate with time. Cataract is one of the most common age related issues that affect the eyes.
I want to know about some days my left eye feeling for dark cloud & blurred vision please help us and better advice.
How to take proper care of eyes or how can we get our spectacles removed as soon as possible? Do antiglayer lenses help from any further loss of eyesight.
I am addicted to mobile phone and my eyes are feeling sick please suggest me how to control usage of mobile.
We as human children are born with +4.00d power. This eye power helps us in better vision for distance and is essential for survival for both hunting and hunted animals to survive on earth. We have binocular vision meaning both eyes used together for focusing that give us depth sense. Thus, we are born hunters in order to survive on this earth.
But by evolution came agriculture to sustain us. Now we send our young toddlers to school at 3 years of age. Excelling at studies remain the aim. So nature improves our near vision. In the process our distance vision get blurry and we require minus power to look at the distance. Hence, in each successive generations population of myopia (minus power) is increasing.
Considering lasik lasers (for eye glass removal) for their eye glass removal. One must read this as it has some serious implications/complications if done in haste.
There are lot of benefits by being myopic (eye power less than -3 d) and disadvantages in going for lasik laser in young age with low eye power.
You may never need glasses after 40 years (presbyopia) of age for reading if you use glasses or contact lens now instead of getting your glasses removed by lasik lasers (for powers less than - 3d and around -3d) but after lasers you may need the same so going for laser may keep you free from glass for roughly 15 to 20 years only. The myopia can come back even after lasik surgery.
There are variety of complications with lasik lasers like glare, halo and problem in colour contrast, dry eyes, problem in night vision, serious complications like corneal ectasia (may need corneal transplant) although advancement in lasers has minimized these issues still one should refrain from it since the percentage of side effects are highly underplayed
The disadvantages according to my experience outweighs the benefits in young age for those with low myopia (-3d) and considering the risks involved and amount of side effects associated with it which are highly under reported by the doctor.
Lasik operated emmetropic (having normal eye power) are not allowed in airforce, railways and army.
If you are young and advised for lasik in haste without giving due consideration about thickness of cornea, it may result in complications after 5 years and can affect rest of your life.
If you are having high eye power (more than -3d) then there are various issue which should be taken in consideration.
First and foremost, the corneal (outer membrane for eye) thickness must be measured by pachymetry. Indians have a thinner cornea around 400 to 450 micron as compared to western population (around 600 micron).
The critical thickness of cornea must be above 300 micron even after lasik lasers to avoid/minimize future complications.
Since laser burns the cornea, for removing every 1d of eye power, there is a reduction in 35 micron thickness in cornea.
Indians with average thickness of 400 to 450 micron thickness can only go upto 35*5= 175 micron reduction to ensure that their corneal thickness remains above crucial thickness of 300 micron.
So patients are advised to take a independent opinion from a experienced ophthalmologist preferably before going for lasik laser since procedure done on wrongly selected patient can lead to life long complication for the patient.
One can use contact lenses which have become quite advanced with time, if one does not want glasses. All that glitters is not gold and not every side effect can be predicted.
Consult online/take a second opinion on www. Lybrate. Com/arjunkumarsingh.
Doctor has done 50000 eye surgeries and has pioneered phaco surgery in undivided bihar in 1995 and was the second person to start phacoemusifications in eastern india.