Doctors in Apollo Spectra Hospital ( Apollo Day Surgery )
After exceeding all expectations in 2017, the Indian Women’s Cricket Team is making India proud once again with their extraordinary and remarkable performance in ICC Women's World T20, 2018-19.
As everyone knows, the Indian Women’s Cricket Team reached the finals in England in 2017 but missed the chance of lifting the trophy by a whisker. Everyone in the team from Punam Raut, Smriti Mandhana, Veda Krishnamurthy, Deepti Sharma, Harmanpreet Kaur, to skipper Mithali Raj, etc. played a crucial part in India’s journey to the 2017 Women’s CWC final.
In the ongoing ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2018, Indian players are performing phenomenally with their skills in batting, bowling and fielding. Harmanpreet Kaur, India’s captain, is the only cricketer to have scored a T20 century in the ongoing series. Poonam Yadav, one of the best spinners in the Indian team, took 8 wickets for India in this series until now. Also, RP Yadav is performing astoundingly and has taken 7 wickets for India so far. India is also one of the top rankers for highest team runs in the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2018.
These players work hard to be fit and perform well in the matches.
How Do Indian Women Cricketers Keep Themselves Fit?
The Indian Women’s Cricket Team members train hard. Their ability with direct throws and agility has increased remarkably over the years. Apart from net sessions, they undergo various exercises and training that help build stamina, power and agility. Some of them are listed below:
Cricket is a sport that requires building strength, flexibility and stamina. Bowling, Sprinting, or hitting may look effortless, but they require a lot of stamina building and strength building workouts. Weight training and compound training like burpees, lunges, squats, pull-ups, push-ups, etc. help to build stability, enhance flexibility, better posture, and strength.
Endurance Training like HIIT, sprinting, functional training, circuit training, cycling, biking, jump squats, jogging, etc. helps to increase energy levels, prevent injuries, and improve performance.
Core exercises help maintain consistent performance and delivery. It ensures the overall balance of the body and helps in fast recovery from injuries. Some of the Core trainings are planks, crunches, Russian twists, leg raises, sit-ups, alternate superman, trunk rotation, hanging leg raises, etc.
Flexibility plays an important role in cricket. Flexibility helps in fielding, lessen the chances of injuries, remove stiffness and tension in the muscles.
Their Diet Plan includes:
5-8 meals a day.
More lean protein.
Vegetable and Fruit based Carbohydrates.
Balanced amount of fat.
Enough water to keep the body hydrated.
High-calorie sweets, processed foods, fried foods, and red meats are avoided.
Most Common Injuries Sports Persons Suffer From
These high-intensity training regimens come with their own fair share of sports-related injuries. Some of the Common injuries’ women sportsperson may suffer are:
Rotator Cuff Injury
Lower Back Pains
How Can Women Cricketers Keep These Injuries at Bay?
To avoid injuries, women cricketers need to take some preventive measures while playing the cricket, like one should always wear a helmet, mouthguard, shoes, protective gear, body padding including leg pads, forearm guards, gloves, etc.
Sports and fitness are very important for women. Not only it keeps them physically healthy but provides mental exercise as well. They can choose a fitness regime to follow based on their own comfort level. And if they participate in some sports, it is important to wear the necessary safety gear.
Graves' disease, also called as toxic diffuse goiter or exophthalmic goiter is an autoimmune disease that affects the thyroid gland resulting in overproduction of thyroid hormones (hyperthyroidism). Graves' disease is the most prevalent cause of hyperthyroidism.
- The exact cause is unclear.
- Enlarged thyroid: Normally, thyroid function is regulated by a hormone released by the pituitary gland. The antibody associated with Graves' disease — Thyrotropin receptor antibody (TRAb) — acts as the regulatory pituitary hormone. The TRAb overrides the normal regulation of the thyroid, causing an overproduction of thyroid hormones (hyperthyroidism). In Graves' disease, the immune system generates antibodies that trigger the TSH receptor, tricking the thyroid into making too many hormones, which speeds up the metabolism.
- Family history: It is a known risk factor.
- Gender: Women are much more likely to develop Graves' disease than men.
- Age: Graves' disease usually develops in people younger than 40.
- Other autoimmune disorders: People with other disorders of the immune system, such as type 1 diabetes or rheumatoid arthritis, have an increased risk.
- Emotional or physical stress: Stress may act as a trigger for the onset of Graves' disease.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy or recent childbirth may increase the risk of the disorder that is genetically susceptible.
- Smoking: Cigarette smoking increases the risk of Graves' disease and also Graves' ophthalmopathy.
Signs and Symptoms
- Diffuse palpable goiter with audible bruit (70%)
- Tremors (40%)
- Exophthalmos (protuberance of one or both eyes, periorbital edema [25%])
- Fatigue (70%) and weight loss (60%) with increased appetite in young people and poor appetite in the elderly
- Heat intolerance (55%)
- Tremulousness (55%)
- Palpitations (50%), Heart failure
- Enlarged thyroid gland and increased sweating
- Weight loss (without a change in diet)
- Changes in menstrual cycle
- Erectile dysfunction and reduced libido
- Anxiety and irritability
- Graves' dermopathy with thick red skin on the shins (rare)
- Two signs are truly diagnostic of Graves’s disease (i.e., not seen in other hyperthyroid conditions):
- Nonpitting edema
- A large goiter will be visible to the naked eye; however, a small one may be detectable only on physical examination.
- Abnormally high levels of T3 and T4 and a very low level of TSH are good indications of Graves' disease.
- Computed tomography and ultrasound can also be used for detection of Graves’ disease.
- Pregnancy issues include miscarriage, preterm birth, fetal thyroid dysfunction, poor fetal growth, maternal heart failure, and preeclampsia.
- Heart disorders include heart rhythm disorders, changes in the structure and function of the heart muscles, and congestive heart failure.
- Thyroid storm/accelerated hyperthyroidism or thyrotoxic crisis is a rare but life-threatening complication of Graves’ disease.
- Untreated hyperthyroidism also can lead to weak, brittle bones and osteoporosis.
The primary treatment goals are to inhibit the overproduction of thyroid hormones and lessen the severity of symptoms.
Diabetes is a gnawing problem that affects millions throughout the world. It is a disorder that if overlooked can lead to serious diseases; cardiovascular ailments, problems related to vision, kidney problems and many more. While medication tries to regulate your blood sugar levels, it is not always unfailing. Medication along with changes in your diet and lifestyle can still not improve your condition in certain cases. At times it is hard to increase the insulin production in a person's body even after administering medicines solely known for their efficacy. Such kind of diabetic patients can therefore benefit from a Bariatric surgery.
What is a Bariatric surgery?
Bariatric surgery doesn't refer to a single operative method. It involves a host of surgical procedures conducted on a person to rid him or her of obesity. Obesity in combination with diabetes can make a person's life miserable. The treatment of one can come in the way of curing the other. A diabetic patient who also suffers from obesity usually finds it hard to lose weight in spite of exercising or being on diet. Surgery comes to their rescue. This kind of surgery should be fallen back upon as the lender of last resort that is to say when other solutions have not helped. Bariatric surgery is always performed under skilled supervision. It might include reduction of the size of your stomach, removal of a portion of the stomach, or even gastric bypass surgery.
How does Bariatric surgery help reduce Diabetes?
Diabetes can be of three basic kinds;
Type 1 diabetes in which the body produces no amount of insulin.
Type 2 diabetes in which the body produces an insufficient amount of insulin or Gestational diabetes that pregnant women tend to contract.
Bariatric surgery proves to be very advantageous for patients of Type 2 diabetes:
1. Surgery lowers blood sugar levels considerably. Research shows people with acute diabetes made huge improvements after having undergone a Bariatric surgery. Their blood sugar levels dropped by a noticeable percentage and they felt healthier. Reduced blood sugar is an almost immediate effect in some while for others it does take some time.
2. Bariatric surgery exercises a control over cholesterol, blood pressure and triglyceride levels.
3. The impressive benefits of this operation for a Type 2 diabetes patient are not superficial or temporary. If the patient adheres to the lifestyle prescribed by a doctor, takes medication regularly and follows the basics of post- operative care he or she is likely to remain beyond the ambit of this metabolic disorder.
4. It successfully takes care of ailments resulting from diabetes.
5. Bariatric surgery can eliminate the need for medication or it can reduce the dosage of medicines you take.
If you are thinking that runner’s knee pain can ony happen to runners or sportsmen, then you are wrong. It can happen to anyone who spends time in doing things that involve bending the knees. It can happen due to activities like walking, biking and jumping. It refers to an aching pain around the kneecap. In medical terms, it is also called patellofemoral pain syndrome.
It doesn’t refer to a particular injury. It is an umbrella term to refer to any pain that happens during knee problems. Here are some of the reasons responsible for runner’s kneecap:
- High stress exercises, such as lunges or plyometrics
- Direct hit in the knee.
- If any of the bones are out of their correct position.
- Hypermobile feet and fallen arches or overpronation can cause joint pain as they change the way you walk.
- Weak or unbalanced thigh muscles.
What Are the Symptoms of runner's knee?
- You can feel the pain in front, behind, or around the kneecap
- Pain is felt when you walk, squat, kneel, run, or get up from a chair
- Pain is felt when you walk downstairs
- Swelling around your knee or a grinding feeling inside the joint
It can be diagnosed through physical examination and might require X-rays, MRIs, or CT scans.
What's the treatment for runner's knee?
- In most cases, runner’s knee gets better with time. However, the cause of the pain must be identified and then the treatment is done. Here’s what can be done:
- Give rest to your knees. It is best to avoid activities that cause the pain.
- Apply ice pack on the knees to ease the swelling. Repeat this after every 3 to 4 hours in a day and apply the pack for at least 20 minutes.
- Use an elastic bandage or straps to wrap the knees. It gives extra support to the knees and prevents the pain.
- Elevate the leg on a pillow at the time of lying down.
- Take pain killers like ibuprofen or naproxen.
- Indulge yourself in stretching exercises.
Recurrent miscarriage is a condition when there has been three or more successive pregnancy losses. It is different from infertility as, infertility is the inability to conceive. For many cases, the cause of a recurrent miscarriage has not always been found. A number of factors can cause recurrent miscarriages of which some are treatable.It may not always be possible to identify a cause for recurrent miscarriage in a couple, even after extensive research and treatment procedures. Some of the common causes of recurrent miscarriage are described below:
- Chromosomal abnormalities: Incompatible chromosomes can result into pregnancy losses. When an egg and a sperm meet, of which one of them is faulty, they can't line up properly resulting into chromosomal abnormality. Such conditions lead to miscarriages.
- Uterine abnormalities or Incompetent cervixes: Miscarriages occur if the uterus is abnormally shaped since the embryo is not properly implanted or even if it gets implanted, it may not get sufficient nourishment to survive. If the woman has a weak cervix, it cannot hold the developing embryo, leading to miscarriage.
- Immunologic disorders: Under rare cases, the embryo itself is not accepted by the body. Antiphospholipid antibodies are those, which attack self tissues, such as embryos and prevent them from building up. This leads to recurrent miscarriage.
- Untreated thyroid problems: Conditions such as thyroid or uncontrolled diabetes result in uterine conditions which make it tough for the embryos to survive.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: Women with polycystic ovary syndrome tend to have high levels of male hormones which, result in irregular menstruationand ovulation. This can prevent the lining of the endometrium from maturing that is required for holding the embryo.
- Bacterial infections: There may be presence of a number of microorganisms inside the reproductive tract that may be harmless for the person. But there may be certain bacteria lined up in the reproductive tract, which can prevent development of embryo, thus leading to miscarriages.
- Lifestyle: Smoking and drinking are harmful lifestyle habits, which may increase the chance of miscarriage to a great extent. It is always advised to avoid smoking or drinking when you wish to conceive. Other lifestyle conditions, such as working in certain environments like hospital environments, farms, laboratories, etc, may lead to miscarriages; however, the exact reason has not been identified yet.
Though most may not admit, all women have hair on their face and body. It is often masked by home remedies or clever make up tricks or frequent visits to the beauty salon. If you see a sudden spike in coarse or dark hair, especially on your face, it can be an embarrassing social condition. Here are some insights into the condition and what you can do to get rid of it.
Blame it on your hormones:
In most cases, you can easily blame this condition on your hormones. Male hormones called androgens are responsible for the development of certain 'manly' features like deepening of voice or production of sperm. And the one hormone behind all this is called testosterone.
But women produce testosterone too- albeit in smaller quantities. If, for some reason, this hormone's level increases in women, it leads to increased sex drive, irregular menstrual cycle and yes, excessive facial and body hair.
One of the main causes of high levels of male sex hormones in premenopausal women is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), a condition which causes cysts to grow around the edge of the ovaries (the organs which produce eggs and sex hormones). PCOS also results in excessive hair growth, acne and weight gain.
Some women are stuck with this condition in the post menopause stage too, when the hormonal imbalance fails to rectify itself after menopause has passed.
Besides blaming it all on the hormones, here are some other causes you can explore:
a) Being obese (weight gain is a side effect of PCOS too, so this is a slightly tricky one)
b) Side effects from blood pressure medication
c) Hereditary condition: Blame your genes
d) Cushing's Syndrome or Acromegaly - rare hormonal disorders
e) An Ovarian tumor
Usually, cosmetic remedies are enough to get rid of unwanted or excess hair. So you may not have to go out of your way to handle this problem unless you have a special case. Most cases can be treated with
a) Shaving: Not the most womanly thing to do, but it is quick and easy. Mind the stubble between the shaves
b) Waxing: This is a pretty much standard procedure
c) Bleaching: Can work for areas you don't want to shave
d) Hair removal creams: Try and test out to see which one suits you
e) Laser treatment: A powerful beam of single color light is used to destroy the hair from its root
If you are not sure what to do with an excessive facial hair problem, consult our experts today for a quick and easy remedy.
When a childless couple is not able to conceive, there are myriad paths that the couple may follow to obtain a solution. If IVF does not help the couple, then they can go in for surrogacy. In this method, another lady conceives, carries and gives birth to the baby created by the sperm and eggs of the intended parents. Let us find out more about surrogacy today.
Who can use it?
Surrogacy can be availed by couples who are not able to conceive due to many conclusive reasons including the absence of a womb or the malfunctioning of the same. Also, recurrent miscarriages can be one of the reasons. Further, a couple who has been through IVF or In Vitro Fertilisation implantation failure a number of times can opt for surrogacy.
How does it Work?
Full surrogacy, as it is known, is a process of implanting an embryo in a host body. This embryo is usually created using the egg and the sperm of the parents, or even a fertilised egg that has been donated by a donor, which is then fertilised using the sperm from the intended father. Also, this embryo may be created by using donor eggs and donor sperms. Partial surrogacy is also a method that may be used. When artificial insemination or intrauterine insemination (IUI) is used to create an embryo with the sperm from the intended father and the egg from the surrogate mother, then the process is known as partial surrogacy.
Chance of having a baby with surrogacy
The chance of having a baby with surrogacy depend on various factors. It depends on the ability of the surrogate to get pregnant, as well as her overall health. Before choosing a surrogate, it is important to put her through all the necessary tests to ascertain a good state of health. Further, the age of the egg donor is also a factor in such cases. The success of related procedures like IVF or IUI will also determine the chances of conception through this method. Furthermore, the quality of the elements used by the couple or the intended parents will also make a difference to the process and its efficacy. Yet, the most important factor includes the age of the woman whose egg is being used.
Difference between IVF and Surrogacy
In IVF, the eggs are gathered from the woman and the sperm is taken from her partner before an embryo is created and affixed in the uterus of the intended mother. In surrogacy, it is actually another woman who carries this lab-created embryo through methods like artificial insemination. The sperm may come from the father and the egg may be donated by someone else, in many cases involving full or partial surrogacy.
Our body tends to face a lot of different harmful elements when we are working throughout the day. Our body gets stressed, comes in contact with harmful substances and also our diet can get hampered due to a busy schedule. That is why it is so important to keep our body fresh and clear of all these harmful materials.
One such way of getting rid of these harmful elements is detoxification. So in this article, we will be talking about different ways to detoxify our body and why we should start detoxifying our system immediately.
How Can Exercising Promote Detoxification?
When we involve ourselves in increasing movement and physical activities, our body gets stimulated. The increased physical exercises help to flush out the lungs and it promotes the movement in our gut in a much better manner. Our skin glands also open up and help to release the harmful toxins via perspiration.
Other than that, the blood circulation in our system is improved and it also promotes the secretion of lymph which allows the different organs especially the lymph nodes and liver to get rid of different unnecessary body fluids. When you are engaged in physical activities, you need to rehydrate yourself with water and an increased volume of water in our body clears the kidneys. This keeps the kidneys in a much better condition.
Digestion is also affected in a positive way when we exercise. The digestive system experiences less constipation, improved bowel movements and better excretion of harmful wastes is possible.
Yoga is a form of exercise which is very much helpful in promoting blood flow and increase the system's bowel movement. Yoga also helps all the body parts and muscles to engage in extensive work which helps them to perspire and you will feel fresh. As a result, stress due to increased toxin count is also kept under control.
So, as you can see that exercise and detoxification of the body are closely related to each other. But not everyone and every day we get the opportunity to commit ourselves in extensive exercise especially when we have different responsibilities on our shoulders, right? However, there are other ways in which you can detoxify your body and maintain a healthy lifestyle easily.
Dietary Elements Which Detoxify The Body:
Apart from exercising regularly, you can also bring some important changes to your diet to detoxify the body. There are several foods and other edibles which can easily promote detoxification. So here are some of those food elements which can help you in this case.
FRESH CRANBERRY JUICE:
Drinking cranberry juice can help your body in various ways. Berries contain a significant amount of antioxidants and other important detoxifying ingredients which will help you to detoxify the body. Cranberry contains important minerals like vitamin C and manganese. Cranberry juice also helps to prevent different infections in the urinary tract and combats stress hormones effectively. Drinking a full glass of Cranberry juice every morning will surely improve your lifestyle. Generally, two 16-oz. glasses of full-strength of this juice can be easily consumed. But you can also choose to drink a single glass every day.
Apple or Apple Juice:
You must be aware that apples not only taste good but they also contain vitamins, fibre and minerals. Phytochemicals and pectin are also important components of an apple. These help to flush out different additives and harmful toxic chemicals in our body especially the blood. The juice contained in Apple also helps in digestion by stimulating bowel movement and keeping it hydrated. You can eat the apple raw or also turn it into a juice. Both ways of consuming apples can help you detoxify your body. You can keep one thing mind while buying apples that organic apples are much richer in antioxidants.
Lemon or Lemon Juice:
Lemons are one of the best sources of antioxidants and positive elements which helps the body to get a detoxifying boost all over the body. All kind of citrus food is a brilliant source of detoxification. Lemons can easily help to cleanse the organs and the blood from harmful toxins. Since Lemons contain Vitamin C, they can also help your digestive system to get rid of gas. One of the best ways to consume lemon is to mix it with warm water and drink it every morning.
Very Healthy Reasons To Start Juicing:
Juicing is one of the best ways in which you can detoxify your body. So here are the different reasons because of which you will need to start juicing as soon as possible on a regular basis.
When you regularly start juicing, it will help your body to absorb important and essential nutrients. Many people suffer from weak digestive or metabolic system which does not allow them to absorb good minerals. But juicing helps to ‘predigest’ the food. This will make your metabolism much stronger.
If you don't like consuming raw fruits, juicing will help your body to enjoy the minerals. Other than that, you will be easily able to drink it anytime and anywhere you want. Just have a sip and help your body detoxify all the harmful elements present in it.
Juicing helps to expose your body to essential minerals of different fruits and vegetables. You can also easily choose them based on your likings and taste preferences. Thus, it is much easier and more satisfying to consume.
Any kind of fruit or vegetable juice helps to boost your energy significantly. Fruits help to inject different minerals like sugar, carbohydrates and other vitamins which increase the energy levels of the body. It also helps the body to stay hydrated, thus you feel more fresh and energetic.
Your metabolism also receives a boost when you consume a juice every day. An improved metabolism supplies more energy and seamless blood supply to the organs. As a result, you feel rejuvenated and have the ability to engage in different physical activities.
Juice contains important ingredients like phytochemicals and antioxidants which helps the metabolism to improve. Due to an effective and brilliant metabolism, you will be less prone to diseases and serious medical issues which can be caused by foreign items. Other problems like different cardiovascular problems can also be prevented.
Free radicals can pose a serious threat to the body system. Juices help to fight these free radicals which can different ageing effects also. Almost every fruit or vegetable juice helps to reduce the number of free radicals.
So, as you can see that juicing can help your body to remain fit and fine throughout the year. It is very much recommended that you choose at least one kind of fruit or vegetable which you can drink as a juice regularly. Apart from exercising on a regular basis, consuming different juices is always a good choice.