Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. VasundaraYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old girl. I got pain in my breast before I am bleeding. And sometime I feel lump on my left breast and some time I don't feel and once I observe a little milk from my right breast. Can you please tell me why this is happening?
I am 26 years old, Not Married, I have irregular periods and recently got diagnosed with PCOD and Thyroid and my prolactin levels are also a very high. I have consulted a gynecologist, she has prescribed me with Femilon medicine and Folvite medicine and Cabgolin, Femilon for 21 days, where I got my last period on 27th Feb and I have taken femilon medicine from 5th March. I have completed the course of 21 days on 25th March. Still I did not get my period as its almost 4 days I have completed the course. And I ave also used cabgolin for 4 weeks, one tablet every week, and folvite 1 tablet every day. Would like to know when would I get my periods and also would like to know by using these medicines whether it will help me in regularizing my periods.
Sinusitis refers to an extremely painful condition caused due to the inflammation and swelling of sinuses. A host of causes contribute to sinusitis, chief among them being allergies, air pollution or sometimes infection (learn more About Acute Respiratory Infections). It causes extreme discomfort, throbbing headache, sore throat and a blocked nose. Though different branches of medicines have tried in their own ways of dealing with this problem, ayurveda with its reliance on natural products as remedial measures have emerged as a clear favorite.
Some of the ayurvedic remedies for sinusitis are:
- Inhalation of steam with tulsi: The benefits of tulsi are widespread and need little introduction. The ambit of its advantages is expansive, making its presence felt even in treating sinusitis. In case of severe bouts of sinusitis, it is highly recommended that you inhale steam with tulsi almost every day in the week.
- Have ginger along with honey: Another way of treating acute pangs of sinusitis is by making a paste of ginger and honey. Make small tablets of this mixture and for most effective results it is advisable that you have it every day.
- Avoid certain food: Just how incorporating certain food in the diet help in reducing the pain of sinusitis, eliminating few, often times help you to achieve the same purpose. When you suffer from sinusitis, it is only advisable that you diligently avoid dairy products like milk, yoghurt as well as intoxicants like cigarettes (know about the impacts of smoking on your organs) and alcohol.
- Lemon juice and water: In the initial stages of sinusitis, having a daily concoction of lemon juice and water is considered very beneficial. During this phase maintaining a light diet is advisable.
- Practice pranayama: The gamut of ayurvedic remedies includes not only the prescription of what to eat and what to avoid but also several exercises that help in expediting the process of recovery. Among them, pranayama with its focus on control and regulation of breath is particularly beneficial in curing sinusitis.
I am aged 25 from kerala and I do enjoying sex in all ways with my two cousins at sometime. They are aged 19 and 21. We do it for two or three times per week. When we doing sex oral sex is must. Is there should occur some problem due to oral sex. I am little worried. Is there any problem occur due to my cum goes to their mouth and go as is. They could not have any problem to do this and they are very happy to drink my cum.
- Keep your activity on an even level. Avoid overexertion and emotional stress. Allow time for yourself to relax. Yoga, meditation or deep breathing can help manage stress and keep you fit.
- Improve sleep habits. Go to bed and get up at the same time every day. Limit daytime resting.
- Avoid taking caffeine and alcohol before bedtime. These may affect sleep.
- Exercise regularly, but not close to the bedtime. Experts suggest not exercising, at least, 3-4hours before bedtime.
- Limit artificial light at night. Use low wattage bulbs, cover windows, turn off the television and avoid using phones and computer screens in the dark.
- Increase exposure to sunlight at the day time. Keep the curtains open in the house.
- Have a healthy and antioxidant-rich diet which are high in fiber such as fresh fruits and vegetables, avoid packaged foods.
I am 38 Year old female, 60 days ago I went through MVR surgery. Now I am well recovered, But my periods are not started from 40 days My Last date of Periods is 22 Oct. And I have done a pregnancy test on 29 Nov. 15, Which was negative. But should I do.
Monthly discharge is not regular. Coming after two months & when started discharge is very high. Please help me.
Meri ek friend hai 29 years old usko periods hone main delay ho raha hai 2-3 din zyada ho gaye hain uske liye wo kya kare aur ye prob 4-5 mahine pehle bhi aayi thi tab usne homeopathic medicine li thi to ussi din ho gaye the usko ab phr wahi problem rahi hai iska koi permanent ilaaj bataiye. Thnx.
How much calories should I intake each day and how much calories need to be burned I am 27 female 4 feet 11inches? What should be my proper weight. Please advice
tips about LASIK laser corneal refractive surgery
The basic principal of corneal refractive surgery is to induce a change in curvature of the cornea to correct the preexisting refractive error.
Method of surgery:-
Epithelial-stromal flap created by sharp microkeratome or a femtosecond laser, then underlying stroma is ablated with eximer laser to correct refractive error. The corneal flap is repositioned over stroma without sutures.
Typical refractive limitations:-
Spherical range -10.0d to +4.0d,
Cylindrical range up to 4.0 d (glass power: in diaopter)
Advantage of LASIK laser surgery:-
* minimum pain
* rapid visual recovery
* minimum corneal haze
Contraindication to LASIK laser:-
* no ideal for thin cornea
* corneal dystrophy
* severe dry eye
* in glaucoma
Complications of LASIK:
* corneal flap dislocation
* corneal ulcer
* corneal haze
* decrease or increase of refractive error
* dry eye syndrome
I'm a 19 year old girl. My height is 4'11 but I'm not skinny nor fat. My body is perfect. I'm still a virgin. But my partner is not. My partner's height is 6'2 and his fully erected penis is 8.6 inches. We have a huge height gap between us. Can a 4'11 short heighten woman fully take in a 8.6 penis inside her vagina? Won't sex be difficult due to our huge height gap? What are the best sex positions for a 4'11 short heighten woman with a 6'2 tall man? Please advice.
Advice for an expectant mother is plentiful to come around from family and friends. While it may be well intentional, it may not be the best advice possible. One of the things most people would advise is to avoid exercising as it may affect the health of the mother and the baby. This is in fact a very wrong advice as expectant mothers like everyone need exercise to stay fit and healthy. The only difference from normal people is that certain types of exercises may not be suitable for pregnant women and the nature of exercises may change from trimester to trimester.
Some of the best exercises during pregnancy
- Swimming: This one is in fact recommended by doctors as the best and the safest exercise for pregnant women. Swimming is beneficial because of the following reasons:
- It has immense cardiovascular benefits
- Large muscles groups are exercised in the process
- Helps reduce swelling and inflammation
- Helps with low back pain and relieves the stress on your spine which is caused due to the extra weight you are carrying around.
- Walking: This is one of the safest exercise during any trimester as long as you don’t over exert yourself. Walking promotes blood circulation, improves heart health and is all around a good exercise for pregnant women. The key is to invest in a good pair of shoes for walking so as to prevent the knees and legs from jarring and also to support your upper body properly.
- Stretching: In the later trimesters, it may be a little difficult to manage other exercises as your body becomes heavier and movement may bse limited. However, you can do basic stretching exercises to improve mobility and also help with circulation.
- Weight training exercises: Certain exercises which utilize the weight of your body rather than external weight can be performed easily. You can also use lighter weights to help keep muscle tone and strength. A few examples of these exercises are:
- Side leg lifting: Lie on one side and lift one leg up slightly higher than hip height. You can use your forearm for balance in this case. Keep lifting the leg and hold it there for a few seconds and do the same motions a few times for repetitions.
- Curling and lifting: Sit on a chair with your back straight with 2 to 4 kilo weights in each hand and curl up your hands up to the shoulders. Sit with your legs spread apart but comfortably. Also start the curl with your fore arms at a 90° angle from your elbows.
- Yoga and meditation: Yoga is possibly one of the most well suited regimens during pregnancy. Pranayama and meditation can definitely help you be more at peace and also manage many of the changes happening in your body in a much better fashion.
It is best to consult with a specialist or a physiotherapist who can give you a step by step guide as to the exercises you can do and the precautions that you need to take while performing them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.