Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. VasundaraYour feedback matters!
Hello I had sex with my gf 8 days before after sex I had given unwanted 72 but during sex I used protection but at last removed but I did not ejaculated inside. After 48 hrs she taken another unwanted 72 but today is 5 day from her periods date she did not got periods yet. Is this due to two tablets. Or she is pregnant. please help me.
Sir I am 21 years old girl my body is very thin and my breast size is very low it looks like plane chest please suggest me any medicine, cream to make my figure gorgeous and fluffy.
I am 30 years old and give birth to a child in the month of July 2015 and want to maintain gap for next event please which contraceptive I will take.
If a girl do sex at the age of 18 or 19 then what are the problems she can face? Or is there any prblm if she does?
As time progresses in a relationship, the sizzle somehow fizzles out and does not bring the same excitement as it used to. However, sex is one of the best ways to keep the relationship lively and young. Despite the hectic lifestyle and the weariness that sets in, there are definitely some simple things that can add some spice to your life and pump a new lease of life into the relationship. What was initially spontaneous needs some forceful trying with time.
Listed below are some tips that can help you sizzle up your sex life.
- Simple touch: Remember that sex need not happen in the bedroom when the lights are off. Routine, regular touch, which could include holding hands and a peck on the cheek can help keep the interest alive. Make it a routine to do this every day, at a chosen time of the day.
- Fix up a date: Even if it sounds forced, block one day of the week as your date day. If possible, go out for a dinner which will bring a change of place. Cook some aphrodisiac foods like onion, celery, asparagus could add to the magic.
- Go lingerie shopping together: This could be one nice way to rekindle interest and along the way, you might end up with some nice fancy stuff.
- Watch adult movies together: This definitely will bring you in the mood. If you are both game, then you could watch something different and even end up trying. It has been proven that a person's preferences in bed change with time, and the new positions and forms might bring back the eagerness to indulge in the act more often.
- Try different place, different time: This could be something like spending time in the shower together, or in the pool, or even spending a night in a hotel for a change. The routine home environment sometimes just sucks away the energy and mood required for sex.
- Frank discussion: As much as it might seem difficult, try having a frank discussion with your partner about how they feel about sex - would they like to turn anything, why there is less of it in general, etc.
- Work out: Exercise to show that you are interested in keeping yourself in shape and healthy. This definitely will kindle interest in the other person.
- Read about sex: There are some sex facts including how it helps in curing headache, is the best cure for cold, is more effective than half an hour of running, frequent ejaculations reduce chances or prostate cancer, etc.
And these are some sure ways to improve your sex life.
My wife aged 24 years has had blighted ovum twice in the last 7-8 months. Does this reduce her chances of conceiving and can medicines help in such a scenerio for future pregnancy to be normal. Please advice.
With technology at your fingertips, it is hard to think of times when the existence of laptops and television sets was unimaginable. Technology is common enough to be taken for granted in present times. TV and laptops are especially in widespread use. The primary reason could be entertainment, an urge to connect to the larger world, or the need to kill time. Such dependability leads to severe health hazards. Read on to find out more:
Effects of TV and laptops on your health:
- Sleep deprivation: Long hours of exposure to artificial light can lead to sleep deprivation.
- It can also lead to serious vision problems: Watching TV or using laptops for long hours can make your eyes vulnerable to constant glare. You fail to realize, but changing lights of a computer screen or of a television set in a dark room can be extremely strenuous for your eyes to adjust. Constantly changing lights can lead to glaucoma. However, dry and itchy eyes, headaches and poor vision are the commonly noticed effects.
- It causes obesity in children and adults: Since all your work can be done on the internet, you tend to become lethargic. You are too lazy to go to the market or to the bank. Even if you are not watching you use the television for background music. Adults therefore do not make qualitative use of their free time. Children are addicted to playing games and browsing sites on the laptop. They hardly indulge in outdoor games. This leads to obesity in adults and children all the same.
- Propels your desire to eat fast food or packaged food: Binge eating is a very common practice while watching TV or using laptops. Chips, pizzas, burgers, ice- creams, cold drinks and absolutely anything junk devoid of nutritional value are more liked by us. Junk food not only leads to weight gain but is also detrimental to our digestive system.
- Can increase the risk of infertility in men: Laptops heat up when used for a long span of time. This heat can increase scrotum temperature which results in reduced sperm production, leading to infertility.
As is said, nothing in excess is good for your health. It is therefore, best to make controlled use of TV and laptops to avoid its harmful effects.
I got last periods on November 11th Till now didn't get any periods. I had pregnancy test 2 days back. And in the HCG test I observed one Dark line (C section), one very light color line (T section-result line). Is that mean am pregnant? From yesterday am observing light brown bleeding. Am confused? What to do now? Am feeling very tired even after eating. Have some light cramps in lower abdomen. Please suggest me what to do?
I am not getting my periods sice 1.5 month. Me and my botfriend have kissed in nov month 2014. After that For two months i got my periods. But now i am not getting. Am i pregnant now?
Chapatis are made using a soft dough comprising flour (whole grain common wheat)
- Chapati contains vitamins and minerals like magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, calcium and iron.
- Also contains zinc and other minerals which are good for our skin.
- Easily digested. This way, it is better to eat a chapati instead of rice.
- As the chapati is loaded with iron it is good for the hemoglobin levels of our blood.
- When no oil or butter is added, chapatis are pretty low in their calories. So, you can use it as a weight loss diet.
- Wheat chapati helps in preventing constipation. Those who suffer from constipation can try a diet that includes chapati.
If her periods start from 22 to 29 July Then when I can do intercourse which can she will get pregnant? Tell me after or before days.
My aunt was pregnant in her old age and she want to abort that child. What are the natural methods for abortion naturally?
She got married before six months. She got period on June 5, but this month it went 3 days than expected date for period. How can I confirm whether she is conceived or not. Any basic pregnancy test can be conducted from home r do we need to check with gynecologist.
I am 27 years old female. I am present of 9 month in this time my mouth taste sour, vomiting feeling and stomach pain please suggest me why this type of symptoms.
I am 43 yrs woman not married, I am planning to get marry now is it possible to conceive in this age.
- Zika virus disease is caused by a virus transmitted by aedes mosquitoes.
- People with zika virus disease usually have a mild fever, skin rash (exanthema) and conjunctivitis. These symptoms normally last for 2-7 days.
- There is no specific treatment or vaccine currently available.
- The best form of prevention is protection against mosquito bites.
- The virus is known to circulate in africa, the americas, asia and the pacific.
Zika virus is an emerging mosquito-borne virus that was first identified in uganda in 1947 in rhesus monkeys through a monitoring network of sylvatic yellow fever. It was subsequently identified in humans in 1952 in uganda and the united republic of tanzania. Outbreaks of zika virus disease have been recorded in africa, the americas, asia and the pacific.
- Genre: flavivirus
- Vector: aedes mosquitoes (which usually bite during the morning and late afternoon/evening hours)
- Reservoir: unknown
Signs and symptoms
The incubation period (the time from exposure to symptoms) of zika virus disease is not clear, but is likely to be a few days. The symptoms are similar to other arbovirus infections such as dengue, and include fever, skin rashes, conjunctivitis, muscle and joint pain, malaise, and headache. These symptoms are usually mild and last for 2-7 days.
During large outbreaks in french polynesia and brazil in 2013 and 2015 respectively, national health authorities reported potential neurological and auto-immune complications of zika virus disease. Recently in brazil, local health authorities have observed an increase in zika virus infections in the general public as well as an increase in babies born with microcephaly in northeast brazil. Agencies investigating the zika outbreaks are finding an increasing body of evidence about the link between zika virus and microcephaly. However, more investigation is needed before we understand the relationship between microcephaly in babies and the zika virus. Other potential causes are also being investigated.
Zika virus is transmitted to people through the bite of an infected mosquito from the aedes genus, mainly aedes aegypti in tropical regions. This is the same mosquito that transmits dengue, chikungunya and yellow fever.
Zika virus disease outbreaks were reported for the first time from the pacific in 2007 and 2013 (yap and french polynesia, respectively), and in 2015 from the americas (brazil and colombia) and africa (cape verde). In addition, more than 13 countries in the americas have reported sporadic zika virus infections indicating rapid geographic expansion of zika virus.
Zika virus is diagnosed through pcr (polymerase chain reaction) and virus isolation from blood samples. Diagnosis by serology can be difficult as the virus can cross-react with other flaviviruses such as dengue, west nile and yellow fever.
Mosquitoes and their breeding sites pose a significant risk factor for zika virus infection. Prevention and control relies on reducing mosquitoes through source reduction (removal and modification of breeding sites) and reducing contact between mosquitoes and people.
This can be done by using insect repellent; wearing clothes (preferably light-coloured) that cover as much of the body as possible; using physical barriers such as screens, closed doors and windows; and sleeping under mosquito nets. It is also important to empty, clean or cover containers that can hold water such as buckets, flower pots or tyres, so that places where mosquitoes can breed are removed.
Special attention and help should be given to those who may not be able to protect themselves adequately, such as young children, the sick or elderly.
During outbreaks, health authorities may advise that spraying of insecticides be carried out. Insecticides recommended by the who pesticide evaluation scheme may also be used as larvicides to treat relatively large water containers.
Travellers should take the basic precautions described above to protect themselves from mosquito bites.
Zika virus disease is usually relatively mild and requires no specific treatment. People sick with zika virus should get plenty of rest, drink enough fluids, and treat pain and fever with common medicines. If symptoms worsen, they should seek medical care and advice. There is currently no vaccine available.
Who is supporting countries to control zika virus disease through:
- Define and prioritize research into zika virus disease by convening experts and partners.
- Enhance surveillance of zika virus and potential complications.
- Strengthen capacity in risk communication to help countries meet their commitments under the international health regulations.
- Provide training on clinical management, diagnosis and vector control including through a number of who collaborating centres.
- Strengthen the capacity of laboratories to detect the virus.
- Support health authorities to implement vector control strategies aimed at reducing aedes mosquito populations such as providing larvicide to treat standing water sites that cannot be treated in other ways, such as cleaning, emptying, and covering them.
- Prepare recommendations for clinical care and follow-up of people with zika virus, in collaboration with experts and other health agencies.
Hi. I am 23 years old. I look very lean. And flat chest. I am getting married soon but I don't have that personality to carry sarees and bridal elegance. I think it might be problematic with my husband's satisfaction level too. And I have been recently affected by urine infection I.e ecoli bacteria. Took antibiotics and consulted doctor and again m feeling burning sensation now. Could you please help me with nutrition I should take to grow fat and breast size improvement or are their any surgeries I can cope up with? Also help me with this ecoli infection. I almost took 10 antibiotic injections into nerves few months back now again it came. I drink lots of water.
There comes a stage in every woman's life when on one hand she is relieved to see the end of monthly menstruation, and on the other hand has to deal with a host of other problems. This is called menopause, and hot flushes are a common symptom faced by most menopausal women. Hot flushes can be described as spikes in internal body temperature and excessive sweating accompanied by dizziness, nausea and overall tiredness. Homeopathy can be very effective in relieving menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes. Each woman's symptoms of hot flushes are unique, and a homeopathic doctor will prescribe treatment based on her symptoms and personality characteristics. Five most common homeopathic remedies for hot flushes are:
Sepia is anti-spasmodic and an energy enhancer that is very effective for women who perspire heavily because of hot flushes and feel very weak. Sepia addresses not only the physical symptoms of the reproductive organs but also the emotional symptoms. It also treats associated hair loss, depression, irritability and a reduced libido.
Women who benefit from Lachesis are usually lively and easily excitable, but at the same time can quickly turn suspicious and aggressive. Menopause makes these symptoms worse. When it comes to hot flushes, Lachesis is especially beneficial for women who suffer from pressure and burning sensations on the vertex. Lachesis is also prescribed mostly for menopausal women who experience hot flushes that start from the head, and are worse just before sleeping or on waking up.
Pulsatilla is a useful remedy for any major hormonal change. It works very well on women who tend to be indecisive and do not like being isolated. Pulsatilla can be very effective if your hot flushes are followed by chilly spells and emotional upheaval.
If your hot flushes makes you feel like your face is on fire and turns your skin red, Belladonna is what you need. Doctors commonly prescribe this homeopathic remedy for patients who are restless and agitated and suffer from palpitations. Menopausal women with hot flushes, who benefit from Belladonna, also usually suffer from dizziness, throbbing headaches, diarrhea and swollen joints.
If you generally feel fine but any slight exertion makes you feel tired and you experience sudden hot flashes, you may need Ferrum Metallicum. This can be accompanied by heavy perspiration and chilly spells. Ferrum Metallicum works ideally on people who are naturally temperamental, intolerant and compulsive workers. "