Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Proton Therapy Treatment
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Pregnant Women Counseling
Prenatal And Birth Care
Musculoskeletal Pain Management
Ovarian Ablation Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Breast cancer is a type of a cancerous infection that develops in the skin cells of the breast. This condition is more commonly diagnosed after you have skin cancer and is more common in women than men. There are certain signs to identify this disease, which are as follows.
1. Breast lumps - Lumps are patches of skin that occur due to the thickening and swelling of the skin. Breast lumps is a very common phenomenon for women but that does not always lead to a breast cancer; however, frequent and reoccurring instances of the same increases the risk of breast cancer. A breast lump is easily identifiable through the naked eye as it looks different from the surrounding tissues.
2. Blood discharges - The nipple is one of the most sensitive areas in the human body. In case of women, it is meant to emit milk during pregnancy, in order to feed the infant externally. A probable symptom of breast cancer can also be a frequent discharge of blood from the nipple without any visible damage or injury.
3. Breast changes - If you are experiencing any visible changes in the size, appearance or shape of the breast, then it is an indicative sign that you may have breast cancer. Thus, it is of paramount importance that you observe, touch and physically examine your breast regularly for changes. If there is any major change detected then it is advisable to consult a doctor.
4. Inverted nipple - The tip of the nipple is generally bulging and pointing outwards both in cases of men and women. But sometimes the tip of the nipple is pushed inside due to excessive suction caused by the skin tissues present inside the breast around the nipple area. This suction forces the nipple to grow inwards which is abnormal and might harm the breast and skin in various ways.
However, apart from these main symptoms, some other signs are also there that increase your chances of being diagnosed with breast cancer. They are redness or pitting of the skin over your breast like an orange, peeling or scaling of the pigmented area around the nipple, dimpling of the skin on the breasts, and such others.
People experience irritation and roughness of skin during winter which results in poor circulation and widened capillaries. And hence skin suffers. Choose a good oil based moisturiser to keep the skin soft and supple. People tend to drink less water during winters but it is important to hydrate skin from within. Herbal tea is also a great remedy to moisturise skin from within. Use good lip balm preferably with tea tree oil as it helps heal painful cracks. A healthy skin is a reflection of good inner health. Continue to eat healthy drink plenty of water and exercise regularly and use sunskin of spf 15 or more when stepping out to protect from sun even during winter.
How Does Sexual Dysfunction Affect Women?
* Hypoactive sexual desire is the persistent or recurrent deficiency (or absence) of sexual fantasies or thoughts and/or the lack of receptivity to sexual activity.
* Sexual arousal disorder is the persistent or recurrent inability to achieve or maintain sufficient sexual excitement, expressed as a lack of excitement or a lack of genital or other somatic responses.
* Orgasmic disorder is the persistent or recurrent difficulty, delay, or absence of attaining orgasm after sufficient sexual stimulation and arousal.
* Sexual pain disorder includes dyspareunia (genital pain associated with sexual intercourse); vaginismus (involuntary spasm of the vaginal musculature that causes interference with vaginal penetration), and non-coital sexual pain disorder (genital pain induced by non-coital sexual stimulation).
Hi. M 20 year old female. I guess m having yeast infection. As my vaginal discharge is very thick. N its secreting in large amount. Wht oral medicine cn b taken.
Actinomycosis is a condition which is caused due to a bacteria called actinomycetaceae bacteria.
One interesting thing to know about actinomycosis is that the sort of bacteria which are responsible for it are almost always present in the human body. As a matter of fact, the bacteria are present and live in the linings of the mouth, the throat and the digestive system. In the case of women, it is also present in their vagina. Men fall prey to actinomycosis more than women. Also this disease is more common among adults.
There is nothing wrong or threatening at all when it comes to being a host to these bacteria, unless there is a cut in the body and they are given the ripe opportunity to enter the body to a deeper level. The condition of actinomycosis often lasts for a long time. But since it is not contagious, there is little need to worry about a transfer of actinomycosis from one person to another. This is due to the fact that the bacteria cannot survive outside the body as it is of the anaerobic type.
When a person has actinomycosis, some of the prominent symptoms include draining sores on the skin, coughing as well as chest pain. In addition to these, you may also notice lumps beginning to appear on the face of the affected person, a sudden weight loss, fatigue and fever. Sometime you may also see a few abscesses or scar tissues as symptoms to the disease.
Some of the preventive measures which one may take includes reduction in alcohol consumption, following healthy practises which also means following a regular diet routine, and avoiding any dental problems.
But even after all such precautionary steps, if you’re diagnosed with actinomycosis, antibiotics may become your best bet. Some of the popular ones which doctors prescribe to their patients are tetracycline and erythromycin. There are side effects to consuming these medicines as a person can have a rash or diarrhoea when these medicines are consumed.
Also the time required to treat actinomycosis is long. In fact, a person can expect it to be up to a year until he or she is completely cured. Depending on how bad the situation is, the lumps which are caused due to actinomycosis may also need to be removed through a surgery. However, before you decide to go for a treatment to cure actinomycosis, consult a qualified doctor and follow his / her advice.
Runner’s knee is a very common problem with athletes. It is definitely not something one needs to worry about. In fact, with certain exercises, it can be prevented and if you do develop a runner’s knee, it can be treated with some exercises as well.
There are special sports medical practitioners who prescribe not only regular physiotherapy, but also specific exercises to deal with specific sports injuries. To fight with runner’s knee pain, there are a few exercises.
But the four most important ones are described in detail below.
- Quads: For performing proper quads, all you need is a back wall for additional support. You need to hold yourself against the wall and keep your legs apart from each other. The legs should be folded in the knees. In this position, you have to move up till the knee position with a minimum of one minute hold time in the knee position. You can repeat this exercise 10 times at a stretch before moving on to the next exercise.
- Hamstring: This is a fairly easier exercise than the previous one. You have to stand straight with your legs apart. Bend downwards from your hips. Relax your neck and back. Ease your head downwards as well. Keep your hands behind. Join both your hands and give it a stretch. If you think that this position is straining your neck or back a little too much, then you can simply stretch your hands without joining them.
- Calves: Calves is a standard exercise that is prescribed by medical practitioners and physiotherapists for easing out the pain caused by runner’s knee. You have to stand with your hand against the wall. Put your left leg forward and bend it at the knees. Stand on your right heel. Hold yourself in this position for 20 to 30 seconds before changing the legs and doing the same.
- Lateral: Lateral is also one of the easiest and common forms of exercises. You have to stand with your legs directly below your hips. Then stretch your right leg apart. Without bending your knees, try to touch the toes of your right leg with the fingers of your left hand. Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds before changing the position and performing the lateral with your left leg.
Thus, these are some of the very fundamental exercises that one should follow in order to get quick relief from the pains of a runner’s knee. These exercises are very easy and help in reducing pain.
What is Cosmetogynaecology?
Cosmetogynaecology refers to the specialization in female cosmetic medicine and surgery. We live in an age where appearance primarily defines your personality and acts a great deal in boosting self-confidence and morale.
Since time immemorial, we have never been pleased with what have been given to us. Thanks to this trait, scientists are always looking for new ways to satisfy our needs. Don’t like your nose? Think it’s too fat? Want to look like Megan Fox?
Medical science can now do all this, and beyond!
What does Cosmetogynaecology include?
Cosmetogynaecology is a subset of cosmetic surgery that mainly caters to the needs of women and includes cosmetic procedures such as-
G-spot Augmentation: This procedure mainly concentrates on increasing the size and sensitivity of the G-spot to amplify pleasure during intercourse. It is also known as G-spot amplification
Genital area Bleaching and Resurfacing: Genital bleaching is a safe and easy way to whiten your intimate areas. As for genital resurfacing, it is a procedure to even out the appearance around the intimate area or to improve the colour on the clitoral hood.
Labia Augmentation: This procedure includes the surgical enlargement of the Labia Majora (part of women’s genitalia) in order to improve the contour or increase the fullness to make it look more appealing.
Vaginal Tightening: Several factors can lead to the loosening of the vaginal walls, including childbirth. This can reduce the pleasure during intercourse for you and your man. These treatments can be done by lasers, which are non-invasive and work wonders!
Permanent Laser Hair Removal: We all know the extent of pain that women go through in order to make themselves fuzz-free. And the amount of money that goes in doing that annually is probably enormous. Laser hair removal can permanently take care of this issue and you will be ever ready for a party.
Breast Size Augmentation or Reduction: Getting breast implants (silicone or saline) can be used to increase the size of your breasts if you are not too happy with your gifted assets. It can also be done for reconstructive purposes after undergoing mastectomy post breast cancer. On the other hand, large breasts can be the cause of chronic back pain. If that bothers you too much, you can have them reduced to your desired size.
Vaginoplasty: Vaginoplasty is a plastic surgery for both the vaginal canal and the tissues of its mucous membrane that tightens. The procedure strengthens those muscles and tissues while removing excess or damaged lining from the canal. It is specifically designed to strengthen and enhance the working of the vulva-vaginal body structures. When vaginal plastic surgery is performed to specifically construct or reconstruct the vulva-vaginal complex, either partially or totally, it is referred to as a neovaginoplasty. When the surgery is performed to specifically reshape the tissue and firm the muscles and lining of the vaginal canal for a more youthful appearance plus tighten up the canal after the stretching it endures through childbirth, then it is termed a vagina reduction for cosmetic reconstruction and is considered an elective surgical procedure.
Hymenoplasty: Hymenoplasty is the procedure to restore natural hymen to regain virginity. In simple words, hymenoplasty is repair of broken hymen or ruptured hymen and is the sure shot way to restore or regain virginity. The layered ultrafine microsurgical repair of hymen being done at Olmec leads to a normal hymen without any sign of repair and without any sign of lost virginity.
Clitoroplasty: A clitoroplasty is a surgical procedure that refines or improves the appearance of a woman’s clitoris. It can also be performed to create an artificial clitoris in men undergoing sex reassignment surgery. It is also known as clitoral hood reduction, as it can reduce the size of the clitoral hood in some patients.
Labiaplasty: Labia surgery, which usually involves labia reduction—and vaginal rejuvenation, or tightening, are becoming as common today as other cosmetic procedures. New advancements and techniques in Labiaplasty and Vaginoplasty typically lessen scarring, pain, recovery time, and show excellent results in the area sometimes referred to as Vaginal Cosmetic Surgery.
Vaginal infections occur when the walls of the vagina get inflamed. This can be caused by several factors such as bacteria, viruses, yeast, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), chemicals and clothing. The standard medical term for it is vaginitis and it bothers most women at some point in their lives.
Maintaining vaginal and overall genital health is very important in preventing and dealing with infections that affect the affect the area, especially those which are persistent or recurrent.
Some tips to manage repeated vaginal infections are as follows:
1. Maintaining personal hygiene. The most important aspect of maintaining vaginal health is keeping the pubic region cleansed and hydrated. Poor hygiene and dryness make it more prone to recurring infection.
2. Using the right products. Harsh chemical soaps and sprays may cause irritation to the vagina and make it susceptible to inflammation due to infection.
3. Wearing skin-friendly clothing. Certain types and materials of clothing have a harmful impact on the delicate skin of the genital area which puts the vagina at the risk of contracting infections. These include nylon underwear, tight jeans and trousers, pantyhose with no cotton lining, etc. Wearing soft cotton underwear and linen bottoms are the best ways to prevent vaginal infection and inflammation.
4. Using protection during sex. Protected sexual intercourse prevents the spread of STDs which cause vaginal infection. Hence, it is always advisable to use a condom while having sex.
5. Urinating after sex. Always urinating after sex reduces the chances of catching a vaginal infection.
6. Getting regular health checkups. The most efficient way of managing vaginal infections is by getting the vagina checked up by your gynaecologist as regularly as possible so as to prevent further complications and ensure early detection of infections or diseases.
These are some of the simple and effective ways of handling vaginal infections. Most cases are not very serious and can be easily treated and managed.