Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. VasanthiYour feedback matters!
Nowadays, I had a problem of irregularity heart beat at seldom. I suspected this a cause of my frequent blocking of both the nostrils because of sinusitis. So, I want you to clarify to diagnose the mentioned problem?
I have a problem synosytis and also sperm is going. Here synosytis problem with cold and allergy and sperm is going in urin that problem is with heating then how can we get solution. With these problems. I am male, my age is 30.
I am 23 years male and my ears are producing too much wax. I don't know how to clean it properly. My questions are 1. Can I clean it daily? 2. Using ear buds to clean is recommendable or not? 3. How to clean ears routinely and properly?
I haven't been able to speak since 2 days and I am having a severe throat pain, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Whenever I sleep with windows open at night the following day I get a headache and a jammed nose. The headache goes away but my nose feels awkward and jammed the whole day long. What is the cause if it? Please help me.
I have a problem some times blood coming from my nose while I sneeze. But not in every time it happens sometimes like once in a month. What is the reason for that.
I have sinus and sneezing every day what should I do for this problem? I have a permanent solution on this problem.
Sir I am deeply suffered from ringing in ears and its too annoying. From 6 years. Please do some favor. My life has been finished as I think. Sir please.
My mom is having Tinnitus (probably don't know exact term, but according to her symptoms it looks like Tinnitus). She is being consulting many doctors for many years, all have helped to reduce the voice, but not completely. Can you help me with the cure?
Swimmer's ear is a medical condition, which involves inflammation, irritation or infection of the ear. It may affect the outer ear and also the ear canal. Swimmer's ear is called Otitis externa in medical terms. The condition may be acute to chronic in nature.
Causes: Swimmer's ear is an infection that's usually caused by bacteria commonly found in water and soil. Infections caused by a fungus or a virus are less common. This condition is more common in teenagers and young adults. It may occur due to a middle ear infection or because of a respiratory infection such as cold.
Swimmer's ear can occur as a result of swimming in unclean or contaminated water. These waters contain pseudomonas and other harmful bacteria, which can lead to such ear infections. The infections are rarely caused by fungus.
Swimmer's ear may also result due to other reasons. They can be:
- Scratching the inside or outside of the ear.
- Having something stuck in the ear. When you clean ear wax with cotton swabs or small objects, damage may occur. Using headphone or ear plugs for a long period of time may also cause swimmer's ear.
- Allergic reaction to some object or anything placed in the ear may also cause Swimmer's ear. These may be hair products or jewelry.
- Some chronic skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis may also lead to this infection.
There are several factors, which may enhance the risk of getting swimmer's ear. They are as follows:
- Swimming in water, which has got elevated levels of bacteria. This includes lakes and ponds.
- People having narrow ear canals are at a more risk of swimmer's ear.
- Aggressive cleaning and scratching of the ear canal.
The symptoms which indicate swimmer's ear are:
- Itching of the ear canal. This becomes intense as the condition progresses.
- Redness on the inside parts of the ear, which get more extensive in later stages.
- Discomfort which worsens by pulling on the outer ear or pushing on the tragus of the front part of the ear.
- Drainage of a fluid which is clear and odorless. As the condition worsens, there is excessive drainage of fluid along with the discharge of pus.
- A fullness feeling in the ear and a partial blockage of the ear canal because of swelling and fluids.
- In advanced stages, fever and swelling of lymph nodes in the neck is indicated. Hearing impairment may occur.
Swimmer's ear is a health condition, which involves the ear. The ear gets inflamed because of a certain bacterial infection. Although it is not a very severe condition, in some cases it can do significant harm.