Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Hematologists in India. You will find Hematologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Hematologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. VaratharajanYour feedback matters!
I am not getting sleep once I missed the sleeping time. I usually sleep at 10. If I missed this time, I am unable to get sleep. Please advise.
I am 22 year old male I have pain in my knee. When I run it will pain in my leg. After that if I give pressure to my knee it will be paining and difficult to walk and I can't get on stairs. And there is a sound from my knee when I move my leg upwards and downwards please help.
Sir I have problem with my sleeping I never sleep before 2 a. M. From last 5 years? I never consult any doctor yet how can I get rid from this problem. Help me dear experts please.
Sir when I'm sleeping in the night's.automatically I'm not getting breathing and I'm just waking up this has happened so many times sit what should I do sir.
I am 39 years old lady. I suffer with leg pain before 4 months. When I am sitting/ sleeping some times, I am not walking suddenly feel pain in my foot. Basically back side my foot sir, I request you to please give suggestion about consider my problem.
I am having pain on the right side of my shoulder delta region. I use gym regularly n every week I does shoulder exercise. Is it because I do exercise its paining?
I'm 19, female I've in a very stressful situation from the past 5-6 months as I'm away from my family and boyfriend and my family refuses to leave hostel and come back I'm experiencing frequent headaches which are very disturbing from the past 2-3 months. I cry a lot due to my situation, my heart beat always rises when I think or concentrate. I got my eyesight checked and I got the new specks 1 month back. I experienced anal bleeding twice in last month and I've problem controlling my urine every time, even during normal conditions when I'm not stressed or in panic mode I can't control it. I've this problem from about 4-5 months.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a painful disorder of the hand caused by pressure on your median nerve as it runs through the carpal tunnel of the wrist. Symptoms include numbness, pins and needles, and pain (particularly at night). Anything that causes swelling inside the wrist can cause carpal tunnel syndrome, including repetitive hand movements, pregnancy and arthritis.
Cause of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome symptoms begin when the pressure inside the tunnel becomes too high. This results in your median nerve becoming compressed as it passes through the small tunnel.
The carpal tunnel pressure increase occurs when either of two things happens:
- The tunnel space decreases, such as when the wrist swells eg after a traumatic injury, partial subluxation of the carpal bones or fracture or tenosynovitis.
- When the contents of the tunnel (median nerve, blood vessels and tendons) enlarge.
- Both of these situations increase the pressure on the nerve, leading to the carpal tunnel symptoms.
Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) sufferers will usually experience the following symptoms in their hand or fingers:
- hand pain or aching
- pins and needles
- numbness esp at night of with wrist flexing
- weakness or cramping
- perceived swelling
The symptoms are usually worse at night and your grip will weaken as the condition progresses. Eventually you will notice muscle atrophy of the thenar (thumb) muscles and loss of hand function or clumsiness. If this sounds like you, suspect carpal tunnel syndrome.
Physical Therapy Treatment
- Gliding Exercises: Moving your fingers in a specified pattern of exercises may help your tendons and nerves glide more smoothly through your carpal tunnel. While there’s some evidence that gliding exercises can help relieve symptoms when used alone, these exercises appear to work better in combination with other treatments -such as splinting.
- Graston Technique/Manual Therapy: The Graston Technique incorporates a patented form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively detect and treat scar tissue and restrictions that effect normal function. Manual therapy techniques such as myofascial release or Active Release Technique are hands-on techniques that release tight tendons and musculature.
- Ultrasound: Deep, pulsed ultrasound directed at the carpal tunnel can reduce pain and numbness, and improve hand strength. Continuous superficial ultrasound doesn’t help.
- Traction: Some people obtain relief from carpal tunnel symptoms by using a hand traction device, called C-Trac. You might try this device, which can be purchased for home use, if other conservative treatment options have failed.
- Splints: Splints (braces) are the most commonly used nonsurgical treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome. Splints that immobilize the wrist in a neutral (unbent) position are most likely to relieve discomfort. An unbent wrist maximizes the size of the carpal tunnel, which reduces pressure on the median nerve, relieving your symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.