Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Speech Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VaitheeshwaranYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir I am 50 yrs old and my children have complain that I am having hearing problem that I don't listen to the door bell nor the ring of the phone. It happen very often but only when I watch television or listening to music and sometime during reading. Please let me know if there is anything serious.
My father 57years of age is suffering from sudden pain in his right calf muscle and sometimes the pain is extreme. He went to a doctor and was prescribed calcium tablet's. So please suggest something.
I had calcaneus fracture 2 months ago and 20 days ago my cast was put off. I am not able to walk properly and Swelling along with bruising is present. Please tell me what to do and how much time will it take for Complete recovery.
Hello, I am 28 years old. For the past couple of years I am having low back pain which extends towards my right leg. With little bit of stretching and exercises it becomes bearable for sometime but comes back when I lift some heavy things or stand for long time or walk for a long distance. Please suggest what should I do?
It pains behind my right ear starting from my neck through shoulder till arm. I am 43 years old and have just started swimming classes. Is this the symptoms of cervical or muscle pull or something else? Please suggest some remedy.
Before 2 month ago I have 40 inches chest size and a broader chest and flat .but m suffered from typhoid fever about one month. Now my bones are bending and I am feeling very un comfortable. Chest size reduced to 33 inches. What can I do for regain my all muscle and prevent shoulders and upper back bending.
I am 24 years old when am used to write continually for 2 to 5 hours my right shoulder is very painful I won't use any medicine what should I have to do now?
I am 37 year old and had undergone spinal surgery when I was 29. The doctor had removed my L5 disc as my left was paralyzed. I am 5 feet and my weight is 76 kg. From past one month my legs are paining a lot. Even if I sit on floor with folded legs. It is painful to get up immediately and start walking. Kindly suggest what to do . Do you think it is due to lack of calcium and overweight. Please suggest some remedies.
I am 32 yr male working as software engineer. I am having pain in bottom of neck area, near to shoulder, back pain, leg pain (knee pain, calf pain. Its been more than 3 months now. I visited various Physiotherapist but no improvement. Its more comparatively more painful when I wake up in the morning. What should I do. Thanks.
There is a regular pain in the left hand and is not getting cured by different creams such as volini iodex. I'm a sugar patient and have thyroid also.
Mosquitoes, though tiny, can wreak havoc on the human health. Malaria and dengue were common enough, but now another disease doing the rounds is chikungunya. This is a viral disease that spreads by the bites of Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. The disease lasts for 5 to 7 days and the catch is that there is no identified cure for the disease.
Symptoms of chikungunya are very non-indicative and include high temperature, rashes and multiple spots on the body, multiple joint pains, headaches, conjunctivitis and insomnia problem. The presence of joint pains associated with a high incidence of mosquito breeding is indicative of chikungunya. The fever usually subsides in a couple of days, but the other symptoms would persist for about a week.
Management of chikungunya includes a combination of prevention and treatment. Prevention is more important than treatment as it is easier done.
- To the maximum extent possible, avoid mosquito bites.
- Avoid using rain water-filled containers, potted plants that stagnate water and drinking bowls for domestic animals.
- Wear full-sleeved clothing when mosquito bites are likely to be higher.
- Use mosquito repellents in the forms of coils, creams, and mats
- Use mosquito nets where possible
- Prevent mosquito breeding by draining possible areas of water stagnation
Treatment: There is no specific allopathic remedy for the treatment of chikungunya. The prescribed medicines are only for symptomatic relief, and given the intense and prolonged joint pains, the patient ends up using a lot of pain killers. There are cases where the pains may persist for up to 6 months. This is where Ayurveda comes into the picture, as there are multiple effective remedies that have been proven effective over the ages.
- Massage your joints with a mixture of castor oil, drumstick, camphor, garlic, and coconut oil. This oil can be heated and stored in a glass jar for about 3 days. Warm this oil and use it for effective relief of the joint pains.
- A mixture of castor oil and cinnamon can also be used to massage the painful joints.
- A concoction of ajwain seeds, raisins or dry grapes, tulsi leaves, and neem leaves boiled in water is an effective remedy for the joint pains. This is to be used when it is warm after food and the residual ingredients chewed upon.
- A diet rich in fresh fruits, greens and vegetables is highly recommended.
- Drinking sufficient amounts of liquids (water, coconut water, lime juice, and buttermilk) to keep good hydration levels and recuperate from the illness.
- Ensure sufficient rest for the joints even after the initial fever has subsided.
Ayurveda has references to something called “sandhijwara” which is “fever of the joints”. Sandhijwara is very similar to chikungunya and these remedies used for this can be very useful in treating chikungunya. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.