Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. VaishnaviYour feedback matters!
I suffered from fever, high blood pressure and then skin rashes. First doctor said it might be dengue, but after" blood report"(not dengue test report) he said everything is normal and rashes is due to allergy. Should I go for dengue test?
Coronary artery disease is characterized by accumulation of plaque in the coronary artery that chokes blood supply to the heart. This plaque buildup usually starts with cholesterol accumulation and gradually other particles such as calcium and lipoproteins get deposited as well. Over time, the plaque accumulates, making the blood vessels narrow and choking the supply of blood. In some cases, if the plaque ruptures, it may lead to formation of blood clots resulting in stroke.
The symptoms of coronary artery disease are:
- Breathing difficulties: This disorder may lead to shortness of breath as the blood pumping mechanism of the heart is impaired; this usually results in fatigue and exertion. It is advised to avoid advanced cardio exercises such as the high intensity interval training.
- Chest pain: Stress related activities may cause intense pressure or tightness in your chest, resulting in pain in the middle or left portion of your chest. If you discontinue the activity, the pain would usually subside. In some cases, you may feel the pain in the arm and the neck.
- Heart attack: If the level of plaque accumulation is excessive, then it may result in a heart attack. It is characterized by breathing difficulties, pain, tightness in the chest and sweating. You may also experience pain in the neck and the jaw.
The causes of coronary artery disease are:
- Smoking and alcohol consumption
- Leading a sedentary lifestyle ups the risk of coronary artery disease
- High cholesterol levels in the body
- Blood sugar problems
- Get your blood pressure under control: If you suffer from high blood pressure, then it is recommended to get it under control to prevent coronary artery disease.
- Quit smoking: If you are a habitual smoker, then it is time to nip the habit in the bud. Smoking is known to constrict blood vessels as it is a vasoconstrictor.
- Eat healthy: Eat a well balanced diet consisting of vegetables and fruits so that your body receives the essential nutrients to function well.
- Beat stress: You need to control your stress levels through exercise or meditation. Take time off work and do activities that make you happy.
I have started taking thyronorm 1 tab since one month, I feel some discomfort in my chest. Is this common?
I am 41 years old male. My pulse rate is always between 85 to 100. Should I see a doctor? Please help thank you.
Maire hr time b. P low rhta h par 1 months se bhaut jada b. P low rahta h thoda sa kaam krti hu thk jati hu sone ke baad hosh nhi rhta.
I got angioplasty in 2003. I experience pain in right wrist and in above chest along with neck, up to chin. Lipid profile indicates ldl around 32 orvso. Stress echo which continued around 10 minutes on tmt has to be stopped since I was getting'swans foolna.
Sir im 25 years girl, my weight is 70 kgs now. I do not have thyroid. How can I reduce my weight. Plzzzzzz tell me any diet to reduce weight. If im doing any exercise im get low bp. Plssss tell me.
Hello I am 23 years old my problem is that I feel anxiety with loud noise & shouting my heart beat increases when ever I hear any shouting, I try to control my self but its difficult to avoid it.
Now we do bypass on beating heart complication rate is very low and death rate is less than 1%.
Now total arterial bypass surgery is there so patients are symptom free for 20 to 25 yrs post bypass surgery which can not be achieved by angioplasty or other modes of treatment.
So if your more than two artery are blocked you should go for bypass surgery which is always superior to angioplasty (stent).
Cost of surgery and angioplasty are same. So its better to go for bypass surgery in above mentioned cases.