Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V.V. BashiYour feedback matters!
I have been using lomela cream from one year. When I stopped to apply this, my face colour is looking dark. Can I use forever this cream. I have no side effects for use these lomela cream.
I met with an accident and got an injury on my leg its been almost 3 months it did not get cured completely the skin got formed up but the area of injury turned black and some times its appearing a white layer on it. how to get rid of it.?
Hi. 28 male. I have a heat babul on my leg. Like an 1 cm circle, white clr water coming from that and its paining. What to do.
My aunt has a problem with dark spots on face. How to remove that? her face looks very bad. What to do?
I have growth of fungi in groin region from past one year I use many creams then for some days it will b cured again after I stop again it starts to develop.
I have a problem of a skin. On my face their are some scars so I just want to know how to remove those scars and get ride of it.
While some scars are negligible, others can mar your beauty. With cosmetic surgery, today, it is easy to remove scars and make them less prominent. Scar revision surgery can range from invasive procedures, such as scar excision to non invasive procedures like cryotherapy, laser therapy and topical silicone therapy. However, none of these have perfect results. The main aim of scar revision surgery is to make the scars blend in as much as possible with the surrounding skin in terms of colour, texture and elevation.
Picking a scar revision procedure is a matter of weighing the pros and cons of each type of procedure and the cause for dissatisfaction:
- Functional limitations of the scar and likelihood of functional impairment after surgery
- Patient's expectations
- Location of the scar
- Quality of skin type and surrounding tissue
Scars are formed due to a number of reasons, such as acne, cuts, burns, surgery and infection in a wound. Scars created by an overproduction of collagen are the most difficult to treat. In most cases, a patient requires multiple surgeries for scar revision.
Some of these surgeries are:
- Surgical Excision: This procedure is usually performed on large scars that do not respond to medication. Here the surgeon shaves and cuts down scar tissue to minimize the size of the scar.
- Laser Surgery: This is used to smoothen the scars with raised or uneven surfaces. It involves the removal of the top layer of skin and tightening of the layer below it.
- Z plasty and W plasty: These surgical treatments aim to reduce the visibility of the scar by repositioning them along the natural lines and creases of the skin. All topics that sent after editing should be considered as approved.
What is the plan for vitiligo only in left leg whole. Suggest me that can help me to recover with normal skin in 1 month. Surgery related and vitiligo is stable only in left whole leg.
He is suffering from pain in the anus and he is not able to sit properly due to pain. He can't defecate and if he does it is too hard for him. He has two small boils also in the anus. please help he is in excess pain.
Small funsi in my body in back of shoulder and some at my hand .funsi is red nd some peep in ti. How to cure.
Good morning doctor. I am 20 years old a bpt student of 3rd year. Recently my result came I have got supply in one of my exams (i. E. Pharmacology) although I have gave that exam very nicely dnt knw d reason behind that. My exam is going to be held again by the end of this month or march starting. My problem is that I cannot concentrate on my studies. Earlier I was not at all like this I was vrry conscious for my study. My mother always complains me that I am addicted to my phone and I too think so that it is the major cause behind it also my attraction of my friends. They all are all. Clear in their exams they are kind off free now but I had to study more harder as this is my tym now. Although I know all these things bt still I am using phn all d tym. Become very eager to talk and chat with them. I always keep telling myself that no I should nt bt I jst can not concentrate on my study my heart always win from my brain. I pick up my books and suddenly mood goes off and become lazy. Dear sir or mam I dnt want to spoil my upcoming future bcz of these things please help me and suggest mee what to do feeling very stressed whenever I realize that I have gone one day more without even touching my books and learning a single sentence. I have never face such problem before. As I was very sincere bt now I usually take my responsibilities so light. please help me as soon as possible. Help me if you can suggest me any way to. Clear this subject easily and how to overcome my problem. thanks so much in advance.
I have big big pores in my face Please suggest me some ways or home remedies to remove pores from my face.
Hello doctor I have dark circles around my eyes since long years have tried potato grapes juice around and aranya cream too please advice what best can be done to lighten the dark circles by using homeopethic.
I am a 30 years old working woman. My face complexion is very dull and dark. please suggest me how my skin will be fair and glowing. please suggest me any matte look sunscreen.
Most skin problems develop due to external damage. However, skin problems may also occur due to the internal problems, such as an unhealthy diet and lifestyle issues. One of the fairly common problems is skin pigmentation.
What is skin pigmentation?
Skin pigmentation primarily refers to the change in skin color in patches across the body. These could occur all over the body including your face. Skin pigmentation problems primarily include:
- Hyperpigmentation: The darkening of skin in specific areas
- Hypopigmentation: The lightening or development of paler spots on the skin.
Both of these disorders are caused by anomalies in the levels of melanin (the pigment that imparts color to the skin, hair) with either overproduction or underproduction of the pigment.
Primary causes of hyperpigmentation:
Although both problems affect the skin in a multitude of ways, the excess deposition of melanin causing skin darkening is much more common than the hypo-pigmentation variety. Some of the causes of hyperpigmentation are described as follows:
- Sun damage: This is one of the obvious factors that will cause skin pigmentation as sun exposure causes melanocytes or melanin producing cells within the skin to become hyperactive and thus cause dark patches.
- Hormonal issues: Another common issue which results in patches are hormonal changes or issues within the body such as spikes in estrogen or progesterone levels or even problems with insulin.
- Other factors: Diet and lifestyle are also other factors which may cause internal changes that reflect on your skin. Even using certain skin care products and using certain medications can result in skin hyper pigmentation.
Skin brightening techniques:
Some of the common skin brightening techniques that are used to deal with skin hyper-pigmentation are:
- Chemical methods to brighten skin: Chemicals such as peels, exfoliates and other brightening products change the skin color by affecting the epidermis or the top layer of the skin. Some of these medications and products are made with retinol and tretinoin and other chemicals which push vitamin A into the skin to lighten the tone.
- Prevention of pigmentation: The best method to fight pigmentation is to not let it happen in the first place and sunscreen is a great way to go about it. Sun damage is by far the most common cause for pigmentation issues. Also dietary and other lifestyle changes, such as excessive alcohol consumption may cause skin pigmentation. Keep off tobacco and limit your alcohol consumption.
- Use of Mechanical means: Mechanical means, such as dermabrasion (cosmetically removing the skin’s superficial layers), microdermabrasion (removal of dead skin cells from the face) and lasers and other means actually skim away a thin layer of skin to allow for new skin to grow back which results in the elimination of pigmentation.
It is however, advisable that you visit your dermatologist first and then decide on the best course of action to deal with skin pigmentation problems as well as devise a strategy to halt further skin darkening.