Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V. Jinadas
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V. JinadasYour feedback matters!
I am a 23 year old boy. I all the time work in front of computers and when I come home I feel headache. Sleepy and irritating. Usually I take some painkillers but suggest some permanent solution.
Penis sensitivity can be a delicate balancing act. When a guy tends to lean toward premature ejaculation, it often (though not always) involves a penis sensitivity that is perhaps a little too heightened. But when a dude suffers a diminishment in penis sensitivity, he may find that he has difficulty achieving ejaculation. And perhaps even worse, this may be accompanied by a difficulty in achieving or maintaining an erection in the first place. Thus, it's easy to see why loss of penis sensitivity can be a major penis health concern for a man.
It's sensitive for a reason
There's a reason penis sensitivity tends to be heightened. It's not just because the penis needs to respond to external stimuli in order to achieve penetration. It's because the penis is constructed in such a way as to heighten sensitivity.
When a part of a person's body is touched, brushed or stroked, whatever is touching it comes in contact with nerve endings. These nerve endings very quickly send a message to the brain that something has happened. The brain interprets the message and says, "You've been touched. Respond accordingly" and the person flinches, sighs, moves closer, movers farther away, punches the offending party, etc.
Now, the penis may occupy only a small part of the body (no matter how endowed a man may be), but it's chock-full of highly sensitive nerve endings. They respond to the slightest touch - at least, when the sensitivity level has not been diminished.
Loss of penis sensitivity
So what happens to cause a loss of this sensitivity? There can be a number of factors, including:
- A medical condition. There are some medical conditions which can cause numbness in parts of the body, including the penis. For example, men with diabetes or multiple sclerosis can face this problem.
- Peyronie's disease. Men with a severely bent penis may have Peyronie's disease, in which the significant curvature is due to plaque build-up. This decreases access to the nerve endings that influence sensitivity.
- Cycling. Many men who cycle for extended periods of time experience loss of sensation in the penis. This is due to the pressure put on the penis while cycling.
- Rough handling. Probably the most common cause of diminishment of penis sensitivity comes about when a man's penis is handled too roughly (such as when he has partner sex without sufficient lubrication or masturbates with a too-tight "death grip").
- When the nerve endings do not operate at peak level, a man will not get the stimulation he needs to operate efficiently. Sometimes it may mean he cannot achieve erection, due to lack of "feeling" stimulation. But many other times, he can become erect but has a difficult time achieving enough stimulation to lead to ejaculation, which can be enormously frustrating.
- When the issue is due to cycling or rough handling, giving the penis sufficient rest and recovery time can be a big help. It also pays to make sure that sufficient lubrication is used when having sex and to loosen the grip while masturbating. When the cause is related to a medical condition, working with a doctor to improve management of the condition is recommended.
- Sometimes to regain normal ejaculation and penis sensitivity, it helps to daily apply a first class penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). It is essential that the crème contains L carnitine and vitamin C. The former is a neuroprotective amino acid which helps mitigate damage to delicate penile nerve endings. The former is a vital component of collagen production, which is an aid in erectile tissue. Efforts to improve penis sensitivity can have big benefits.
My penis size increases sir, there will be any problem, I should concentrate on studies, but while studying ,i am getting sex toghts.
Prostate cancer is a very painful disease to go through. However, what some people do not realize is that prostate cancer is equally disturbing from a psychological view point, both for the patient and the family. Here are some psychological impacts of prostate cancer:
1. Shock, fear or anger
These are immediate reactions and you could feel any or all of these feelings when the disease is first reported to you. These feelings may continue for some time but if the patient is unable to come out of the state of the anger for a long time, then he may need psychological help.
Sometimes you may feel well and deny the fact that you have prostate cancer or not realize you really do. Accept it. This is the first step to curing it.
3. Frustration and disappointment
Try to avoid these types of feelings and if you do, then go to a shrink as well, as these are signs of depression.
This is also a natural feeling and will haunt you till this disease is gone. However, there are many ways to help reduce it.
This is usually related to the side-effects in the early stages of prostate cancer. Trust your doctor. Finding a support group or talking to people in similar conditions may help.
6. Mood swings
This is one of the side effects of the hormone therapy used to treat prostate cancer. It may cause you to get angry and anxious and then tearful and depressed.
Some men are overly worried about their prostate-specific antigen or PSA test results. The anxiety may continue even after the PSA test is over.
8. Sense of loss
Hormone therapy causes many physical changes in your body, including weight gain, changes in your sex life as well as reduced physical strength. Few things will be the same after prostate cancer in all honesty. Talking to the people around you can help more than you know.
While prostate cancer can cause all sorts of negative emotions, it is crucial that you use your family to stay strong and do not slip into depression. There are also a few patients who accept this diagnosis well, if properly counselled. In the majority of cases, prostate cancer grows slowly. In those cases, new drugs are available which help the patient lead a near normal life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!