Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. V AnanthYour feedback matters!
I had headache, vomiting 3 months back. I consulted doc and he told me these are symptoms of migraine. Now I am fine but I have a query shall I accept night duty?
Which medicine should I Take? I have bells palsy. My left side eye is closing automatically and left side mouth bending towards left automatically.
Insomnia is the condition of acute sleeplessness, and it takes a heavy toll on your mood, your energy levels, and your ability to concentrate and work during the day. Some of the most common symptoms of the condition are:
- You find it difficult to fall asleep even if you are tired
- Once you wake up in the middle of the night, you cannot get back to sleep
- You cannot work or concentrate on anything during the day
- You stay mostly fatigued, or irritated throughout the day
- You have to depend on pills or alcohol to fall asleep.
- You wake up very early in the morning, no matter how late you sleep
What could be the causes for insomnia?
Insomnia might last just a few days if it is induced by some temporary cause, like stress at your workplace, or any other personal issue you can be facing. However, when the cause is a long rooted one, insomnia might persist for a long time. There can be a mix of many causes for that to happen:
- Psychological stress or other emotional discomforts - Common psychological problems like anxiety, depression, chronic work stress, grief, and also bipolar disorder can be the causes for insomnia.
- Illness or other medical problems - There can be many medical causes or other illnesses at the root of insomnia like allergies, acute asthma, hyperthyroidism, Parkinson’s disease, kidney related diseases and cancer as well.
- Medications - There can be many drugs, which might be prescribed by your doctor, but still be responsible for insomnia. These include antidepressants, corticosteroids like thyroid hormone medicines, few blood pressure medications, certain contraceptives and stimulants for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Sleep Disorders - Insomnia, though in itself is a sleep disorder, can also be the symptoms for other sleep disorders like sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and other disorders related to jet lag or if you are working on a late night shift.
In addition to these causes, some daily lifestyle habits might act as triggers to insomnia, which include:
- Consumption of large amounts of caffeine on a regular basis
- Developing irregular sleep schedules
- Taking your smartphone to bed and ending up spending a lot of time with it in the night
- Eating late in the evening
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
Don't ignore the early signs of strain injury like the weakness of the grip, numbness, and pain or discomfort in the arms, hands, wrists or shoulders.
I read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer's disease. Is this true? If so which food do this and how much would I have to consume to get the benefits.
Hi there Hope this week is treating you well Dear Dr. My mother is suffering from paralysis from last 4 years and due to paralysis her health suffers allots, she requires urgent medical intention because she not able to eat proper food which affects her health. Even she is totally on bed and also suffered from bed sore but at present she recovers from it. So kindly suggest me is she able to get denture so that it helps my mom to eat food and she can live longer. I am sending you few pics of her along with this mail. I will be thankful to you if you suggest me what to do further. As my mother is totally on bed so I am looking for a doctor who is kind hearted and take out time to visit our house in model town block -d by getting out time from his or her busy schedule. Till now we spend lakhs on my mother treatment and have very bad experience with doctors those who only bother about money rather than patient health but its doesn't mean that I though all doctors are same. As far home visit fee and treatment is concern I can afford but I only requires good treatment in return. Sumit.
Hello doctor, my father had a paralytic attack (right hand, right leg and voice) due to high bp and sugar levels couple of months back. We are advised to take mixtard (30/70) insulin in the morning (20 units) and night (14 units) 30mins before food. The current levels are 151 mg before breakfast and 278 mg after 2 hours of the break fast. It seems to be not under control as we have started using the insulin from 4 days. Is it ok that sugar levels remain high and slowly might come down in some days or should we increase the dosage to 24 units in the morning and 16 units in the evening (suggested by the doctor in case sugar levels are not under control). Also please suggest some vegetarian foods for the patient as he has high bp, diabetes and blood clotting. Thanks for your kind help.
Sleep problems, which can be defined as a sleeping pattern where the parents are unsatisfied, are one of the leading concerns of parents. Children should get a minimum nine hours of sleep so that their health and brain development can occur. Sleep problems can affect not only their health, but also their social and school life. Any interruption or abnormality in a child's sleeping patterns should be examined by a doctor and parents should make necessary efforts for knowing the actual causes of sleep interruption of their kids.
What are the causes of sleep disorders in children?
- Injuries and accidents
- Behavioural troubles
- Slow-reaction times
- Performance problems
- Mood problems
- Learning, concentration and memory troubles
Common signs of sleep troubles in kids:
- Difficulty in falling asleep
- Occurrence of unusual events at the time of sleeping like nightmares or sleep-walking
- Snoring and breathing pauses
- Difficulty in staying awake in daylight
- Daytime performances can be adversely affected
Best methods for dealing with sleep disorders in children:
- Regular bed-timing should be sincerely maintained at night.
- Relaxing routine for bedtime needs to be followed,including story-book reading, getting warm bath and others.
- Noise in the house, especially at night, should be minimized so that unwanted disturbances can be eliminated.
- If the room temperature is pretty comfortable, then your kids can sleep peacefully.
- Giving caffeine in excess quantity, especially before sleeping, should be reduced otherwise the kids will not sleep well.
- Meals should not be provided just before bedtime; rather they should be taken a few hours before sleeping.
- If your kids are so very addicted to different electronic gadgets or devices like telephones, televisions, computers and others, then they might face sleeping troubles. Thus, it is your duty to keep your kids away from this kind of addiction.
- If your kids are too very tired, then do not keep them awake forcibly; rather you should make them sleep immediately so that they can get a relaxed sleep at night.
If you think that sleep disorder has become a serious issue with your kids as well, then nothing can be a better option than consulting any health physician. They can best analyse the underlying cause of this issue with your kids.