Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. ThirunavukkarasuYour feedback matters!
I am 21 year old female and am having severe pain in the joint of mt buttocks, because of what it s happening I don't know and am feeling tired with the pain while sitting walking and lying? Please give me a remedy to cure that sir.
Shoulder impingement is a serious condition leading to severe pain in the shoulder blades of a person. Such kind of shoulder pain may affect anybody anytime. It basically affects the area of your shoulder facing stress due to any sort of overhead action. An impactful pressure on the tendons of bones constituting your shoulder gives rise to this disorder. This syndrome can affect a person who paints, swims, lifts or plays tennis on a regular basis. Once caused, persistent rendering of similar activities can worsen the case. If you are suffering from shoulder impingement syndrome, treatment under an experienced medical practitioner is indeed necessary as otherwise, you may have to suffer from tendinitis or bursitis.
Take a keen look at the symptoms of shoulder impingement
1. Disabling pain in and around the shoulders
2. Under the effect of such excruciating pain, a person has restricted use of his or her arms and neck. He or she will face difficulties in reaching to a higher position above his or head. Aiming up behind your back will also be a challenge with the existence of this syndrome.
3. There is considerable weakness in the muscles of your shoulders, preventing you from working with full vigor
4. If left unattended, shoulder impingement can worsen to cause Rotator Cuff Tear where the tendons tear into two distinctive parts.
Available modes of treatment
1. A doctor might prescribe you anti- inflammatory drugs to relieve you from excess pain. These drugs should only be taken under the close monitoring of a specialist as they might have acute side effects. You might feel nauseous or might have an upset stomach after consuming these medications.
2. Stretching your arms above your head while holding your body in an erect posture can be of great help. This stretching exercise should be tried out in a warm shower for better results.
3. Other exercises under the supervision of a physiotherapist can come to your rescue as well. You should try to move your thumb up your back to recuperate from shoulder impingement.
I am 30 years old. I have pain in my back teeth. I had done rct on this teeth 2 months before. But pain back after 2 months. What can I do.
I'm having pain inside my right buttock and thigh area. Night times it'll be more. May I know the reason?
I am 36 year old and suffering from cervical pain. Kindly advice me for the proper treatment. Right now I am only taken pain killer medicine.
I am 29 years old feeling numbness in heels portion it last for few minutes and disappear without pain. Is there any medicine available for numbness.
For a disease that affects almost eighty percent of people over 50 years of age, not much is known about curing joint pains. Allopathic medicine remains almost clueless about a complete cure for joint pains which occur due to various reasons like heredity and lifestyle. It treats the pain with pain killers, inflammation reducers and other such drugs which do not heal the joint completely and lead to other problems too.
Ayurveda and Joint Pain
Ayurveda has its own unique perspective on joint problems. According to it, these occur due to:
- Poorly-nourished joints
- Low bone density and overall weakness in joints
The main symptom of poorly nourished joints is discomfort followed by a crackling sound. In this, the bone making up the joint can degenerate due to lack of proper nutrition. Low bone density joints usually occur due to a toxic overload in the joints called ‘ama’ in Ayurveda. Ama is the sticky, toxic waste product of incomplete digestion and this accumulates in joints making them stiff and heavy. Ama accumulation for long can make a joint swollen and painful. Damp, cold weather can aggravate this type of joint problem. If ‘vata’ the Ayurvedic dosha associated with movements and proper functioning of metabolism and assimilation is aggravated, it can cause joint pain too.
The imbalance in Vyana Vata, a special form of vata associated with bone damage along with weakened circulation, metabolism and absorption creates an imbalance in ‘kapha’ the other major dosha in the body, according to Ayurveda. ‘Shleshaka’ Kapha, the sub-dosha of Kapha that controls lubrication of joints dries up. This makes the un-lubricated joints very vulnerable and one starts getting pain.
The first line of treatment for joint pains is pacifying the Vata dosha through food and lifestyle modifications like:
- Include all six tastes -sweet, sour, salty, bitter, astringent, and pungent- in the diet. However, sweet, sour and salty tastes are very good to pacify Vata dosha.
- Eat less of bitter, astringent and pungent foods.
- Eat more grains like quinoa, rye and amaranth, cooked in ghee.
- Freshly-cooked organic vegetables and warm liquid soups are best.
- Eat a diet rich in calcium- milk, spinach, kale, asparagus, and root vegetables.
- A Vata pacifying daily routine like eating before 8 pm in the night and keeping dinner light and sleeping early are also advised.
If possible get a daily Ayurvedic oil massage ‘abhyanga’ with special medicated oils to prevent joint problems. Regular habits help settle Vata. So, it’s suggested that one goes to bed at the same time each day, gets up at the same time and follows a regular routine for pacifying Vata. Getting stress under control though meditation and pranayama also does wonders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.