Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Speech Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Thananchalyan.UYour feedback matters!
I have a pain in my right leg when it is twisted. But there is no problem while walking. Why is it so? Whether it is a minor problem?
My grand mothers spinal cord position is slightly changed at the terminal portion ,she is suffering from huge pain ,physiotherapy is given to that particular portion ,she can not stand ,give a best remedy.
I had fever with joint pains arnd 1 and half months back. Still have pain behind the knee, dorsum of foot, joints of fingers. Pain is intermittent in knee but moderately severe. Pl advice.
I am 27 years old male my right hand is fractured that is in (ulna) I undergone surgery in the month october dated 28 and then in the month feb it shows healing I raided bike for a month then after my x-ray shows dispersed so what should I do?
I am 25 year old male and I have two knee pain. I have used some pain relief but no result. Should I do?
I am having hyperuricemia. I took Feburic 40 mg tablets, 2 times a day for 15 days. Now my Uric acid serum is 4.8. However the joints of my fingers and toes pain. The pain is more after work, more in cold. Better by rest and warmth. What should I do?
Since morning I am suffering from muscle pulling in back side. I cannot turn suddenly I feel some thing is moving either side with pain. I should sit without moving then less pain. (yesterday I ate Banana chips) KINDLY GUIDE ME WHAT TABLETS TO BE TAKEN AND WHAT PRECAUTION TO BE FOLLOWED ALSO I am suffering from right leg knee pain . If I walk for long pain will be there upto toe.
Sir, my name is babu, age 23. Last month I will jumpedal at cricket ground that time I injured my muscle. Now it's free but some time it would be pain I mean inner pain.
I have one problem my left leg is full pain when am walking 1 or 2 km in that night am facing much pain only foot can you please give suggestions.
I am feeling pain in my right hip and some time this pain goes down to my right leg, in morning it become more. Why this is happening.
I usually get neck pain hand pain and leg pain after playing the next day and I could not do anything that day what I a natural cure for that.
I have leg pain I am a sports person from last six days I have leg pain in right leg. What should I do?
I am 58 and my both leg muscles are becoming stiff and painful in morning and evening time. On blood test it is fond crp positive and esr high. So suggest best homeopathic single remedy for this.
A very common complaint, a number of factors can cause wrist pain but arriving at the exact cause can be a tad bit difficult. Depending on the cause, wrist pain can vary in intensity.
What causes pain in your wrist?
Injury to any part of the wrist can lead to wrist pain and impinge on your ability to use the affected hand and wrist. The causes can be injuries like sudden impacts and repetitive stress; arthritis like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis; or diseases such as carpal tunnel syndrome that affect this part of the body.
1. Sudden impacts - Falling forward onto your extended hand can give rise to instances of wrist pain. Injury occurring from this sudden impact can cause not only sprains and strains but also fractures.
2. Repetitive stress - An activity that involves the movement of your wrist in repeating motions can cause the joint tissues to be inflamed or give rise to stress fractures, especially if the movement is performed without any break for a long period of time.
3. Rheumatoid arthritis - In this disorder, both the wrists can get affected. In general, the disorder sees your body's immune system attacking tissues of your body.
4. Osteoarthritis - Although the condition is very uncommon in the wrist, it occurs in individuals who have suffered a wrist injury in the past. Osteoarthritis typically happens when the cartilage that acts as the cushion at the end of your bones undergoes deterioration with time.
5. Carpal tunnel syndrome - An increase in pressure on the median nerve (a nerve that affects the sensation or movement of your hand) that passes a passageway called the carpal tunnel can cause you to suffer from wrist pain.
In addition to these causes, instances of Kienbock's disease and ganglion cysts can also lead to this problem.
How to identify the signs of the problem?
The pain can vary depending on the cause. So, wrist pain arising out of osteoarthritis will exhibit a dull pain while that from carpal tunnel syndrome will give a pins and needles sensation. Many times, the location of the pain can help the doctor to determine the cause behind the symptoms you may experience. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a orthopedist.