Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Acupuncturists in India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. T.SubramanianYour feedback matters!
I am losing weight. N becoming weak. Day by day. Day to day work z increasing. I am architect student. So day n night we have to work n make projects. So wat to do to balance my diet. N stay healthy?
My height is 5 ft, my weight is 65 k, and my age is38 yrs. I am trying very hard to loose weight but I am not ablt to do it. I go to the gym and hav lost in inches but I am not seeing any changes in my weight. Can you pls suggest me wht shld I do to loose weight. Thanks Sujitha.
I have problem regarding my dark circles tanning and acne, Especially acne, I had one about a month ago and it has not gone till now, I am sick and tired of it. Also help me how to remove dark circles and tanning.
My weight is 51 kg ,height 173 cm and age 29. Whenever I try to increase my weight , I become anxious unnecessarily whether I will get affected by cardiac arrest and depart this world. I want to gain weight to 75 kg corresponding to my height in 2 months in a healthy way and stay strong without anxiety. What shall I do ? Advise me?
Hello Dr. This is gaurav. I am from thane. I am very then as per my hight and weight. I need your help to increase my weight. Is it good to take protein powders. please suggest.
I want to grow my weight and body muscle. Recently I joined a gym. So which kind of food will be good to make a good result?
Dear doctor, I have not able to eat anything from yesterday I am feel very tired. So please tell me what the problem inside me.
My brother is having swelling in his both knee joints due to increase in uric acid due to which he's unable to sleep properly & having regular pain in both the legs. It gets controlled till he consume the medicine & when he stop taking the medicine it increases again. Please suggest any way to control it through yoga or exercises if possible or through food or any possible way.
I am a 21 years female and my mom's 45 she is suffering from knees pain suggest any medicine for her.
Sir please tell that how I maintain my health. Sir please tell me. And also give me some information that how I maintain my fitness thanks Sir.
My male friend is suffering in ankylosing spondylitis since 2 years. Have swelling and pain in both legs ankle and feet. Help some ayurvedic treatment.
Sometimes, you are just doing your work with a whole lot of concentration and suddenly as soon as the clock strikes 3 p.m. you get the munchies. The sudden, strong desires for food are called cravings and they strike you when you least expect it!
The reason for this might be a neurotransmitter named as serotonin, which regulates your emotions, mood, sleep and, obviously, your appetite. Serotonin becomes slightly inactive by midday, which makes you crave salty and sweet snacks.
Here are some ways to curb your cravings:
- Don't skip breakfast, or lunch. Choose foods that take a long time to digest, so you can stay full for a longer duration. Whole grain bread and vegetables are good options.
- Don't go grocery shopping during this hour because you will end up buying junk food.
- Don't watch television as junk food advertisements will lead to cravings, as the images shown to promote these products, induces the desire, which eventually will lead to obesity.
- If you can feel your cravings still, choose to do something else, such as go for a walk or get yourself really busy with something till the urge subsides.
But if all else fails, then you have no option, but to give in and it is okay to give in sometimes. However, you should do it right and not reach for the nearest package of processed food! Instead, substitute the candy bar, or potato chips with the following options:
- Vegetable soup
- One slice of wholegrain bread with unsweetened jam/peanut butter
- Dried or fresh fruits
- Sweetened/unsweetened high fibre cereal with low fat milk
- Low-fat granola bars
- Smoothies made from fresh fruit and skim milk
- Low-fat yoghurt with fresh fruits
- Unsalted, unbuttered popcorn
- Hot chocolate with skimmed milk made from low-fat cocoa powder
Basically, your body craves for carbs during the afternoon. And the trick is to choose complex carbs (carbohydrates that digest slowly) over simple carbs (carbohydrates that are easier to digest). From the list above, you can see that mostly complex carbs have been mentioned. In fact, eating complex carbs will trigger your serotonin levels which will provide you energy, return your focus and make you happier! So it is okay to snack, just don't open that packet of chips and remember to eat the right things. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I want to ask you a question on protein rich diet which are the food products through which I get the required proteins?
Hello Sir, My age is 30 years Recently I had a pain in my feet every morning I wake up and walk! And usually shoulder pain, knee pain, hand pain very mildly throughout! So after taking few tests they said my uric acid level was 7.8!And he said I am suffering from Arthritis! But I went for a second opinion and I was said he don't see even the symptoms of Gout! I took tablets irregularly for a month but stopped alcohol for that particular month! My question is is there any chance I can eat whatever I wanted to eat and I can take the medicines regularly and I can stop drinking! Actually I am drinking everyday, but once the level is reduced can I consume alcohol once in a week! Please do suggest your valuable feedback. Thanks.
Sir .meri height 5.6 hai or weight 59 . But sir mera face bhaut patla hai .sublog ka face phoola rha hai .lekin mera .patla hai. .bhaut khrab lgta hai .plzz help me sir.
Fermented foods are the raw foods which go through the process of lacto fermentation. In this process, they feed on sugar and starch present in the food and create probiotics, vitamin b complex, omega 3 fatty acids, etc. Some fermented foods are pickles, buttermilk, yoghurt, dosas, idlis, sprouts, etc.
Here are 9 health benefits you get when you have fermented foods.
1) relief from gastric discomfort - they regulate the acids produced in the stomach by increasing the production of digestive juices, thus giving relief to the upset stomach.
2) relief from acidity - eating fermented foods ensures that a protective coating is formed in the inner lining of your stomach thus protecting it from acidity.
3) aids digestion - pickles, buttermilk and yoghurt increase digestive juices in the stomach, thus aiding better digestion of food.
4) treat constipation - fermented foods also treat constipation by increasing the production of digestive juices from the pancreas and gallbladder.
5) good for diabetics - fermented foods help diabetics by helping in the secretion of insulin from pancreas thus regulating the level of blood sugar.
6) generate good bacteria - fermented foods have probiotics which help increase the good bacteria in the gut.
7) aids weight loss - fermented foods are supposed to be healthier too and those who are trying to lose weight, eat fermented foods.
8) fights diseases - fermented foods also help kill the bacteria that lead to diseases like cholera and typhoid.
9) build immunity - being rich in omega 3 fatty acids, they are good for the heart. Fermented foods are also rich in vitamins c enabling them to fight infections. They have healing properties and contain good bacteria which are good for the gut.
Cut the salt to cut the body fat
Eating more than the recommended 2500 mg (1 tablespoon) of sodium each day will cause you to retain water and weight gain. Sodium holds up to 50 times its weight in water. When you limit the amount of sodium you eat your body will begin to expel some that unwanted water weight.
The urge to drink water is a good indicator that your sodium intake is too high. As your sodium levels get high your body ask for more water to dilute the sodium by making you thirsty.
A lot of bars offer salty snacks such as peanuts and chips for free, after customers get thirsty they will order drinks to quench their thirst. So watch out for salty snacks and remove them from the diet to lose weight fast.