Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Unani Specialists in India. You will find Unani Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Unani Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Syed Shah Shoibuddin
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Bronchial Asthma Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Gestational Diabetes Management
Treatment of Mellitus
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Syed Shah ShoibuddinYour feedback matters!
Sir, i am a girl and my age is 24 years. I am underweight and whatever I eat it does not add to my body weight. My weight is 30kg. Please help to gain weight.
I m 21 year old. As shown in my basic information my height is 5'8. But according to my height my weight is not proper. I m skinny. I have tried a lot to increase my weight but nothing results to me. Even I joined the gym for a couple of months but no results. What should I do.
Reducing fat is about working on excess weight that happens due to fat deposits in the body. Getting a toned look means maintaining lean muscle with a routine aimed at doing so. This will propel you towards healthy fat loss, by keeping your lean mass and immune system in order. Read on to learn how you can achieve fat loss in a healthy manner.
- Nutrition: nutrition is the fuel that keeps the body going. From grains to carbohydrates to essentials fats, dairy, fibre, some amount of meat and even fruits and vegetables - you need to have a little bit of everything, every single day. This will give your lean muscle much-needed nourishment so that it helps in banishing fat and works harder to give you a toned look. Also, the metabolism works faster with these kinds of food.
- Processed food: processed food is usually fortified and preserved with salt and fat that defeats healthy eating and makes you gain pounds. You should try and stick to freshly prepared food. Make a menu and shop at the grocery store every week to stock up your for daily meals. Further, when you are looking for a snack, ensure that you reach out for a healthy salad or cut fruit. Also, try to make use of beverages like green tea and infused water that can be made at home with cucumber, mint leaves, watermelon, lemon and more, so that you can steer clear of various other carbonated and packaged drinks.
- Routine: getting rid of fat is also a matter of getting into a good routine of meals, exercise and sleep. You should take smaller and more frequent meals - about five to six times a day - and limit your last meal to a few hours before bed time, so that your metabolism only has to process smaller chunks at a time. Also, try to alternate meals with activity and finally remember to get yourself at least six to seven hours of sleep a day.
- Exercise: we cannot stress enough on a work session a day to burn fat and give your metabolism a boost. Work with a trainer to find your problem areas and do focused exercises and sets.
- Burning fat the healthy way is a matter of eating right, sleeping well and exercising your body every single day! if you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult our herbal experts.
My son is so thin he will eat food at the right time but still he is thin he is 5 years old please help me.
My mom is fasting every thursday and saturday she doesnt eat properly and at times she tells she is feeling week tell me what is the best food I can make her eat.
Please advise me on how should I gain my weight, my age is 25 and weight is only 40 kg. I have consulted an ayurvedic doctor for the same, and currently on medicines advice by him.
How to gain weight –
• Counting calories: Calculate your basic calorie requirement. You want to know how to gain weight? you will have to increase your calorie intake. Add 500 calories per day to your current requirement. Those who work out or are physically very active, have a higher energy requirement. If such is a case the calories consumed should be greater than the amount of calories you burn.
• Eat more: The most common answer to your question how to gain weight. Everybody will ask you to eat more. Yes, you need to increase the quantity of food you eat, but at the same time you have to make sure you are eating healthy. Eat five to six meals a day. Avoid skipping any meal. Knowing how to gain weight involves consistent eating. Increase your portion size. If you eat 2 chapatis, then start eating a 3rd one. Take a second scoop of pasta, or add two bananas to your bowl of cereals.
• Choose calorie: Dense foods: choose foods that are higher in healthy calories. For example choose to eat corn, potatoes or peas instead of carrots and cucumbers. Eat a banana, custard apple, chikku or mango instead of a watermelon or orange juice. Peanut butters and cheese makes a calorie-dense yet nutritious spread for your sandwich. Read food labels for the serving size
• Adopt good habits: The repetitive advice to increase your food intake does not mean you start eating unhealthy, fried, sweet or junk food for that matter. Adopt healthy habits. Eat your meals on time. Do not skip any meal, specially breakfast. Whatever you eat at breakfast is better absorbed and utilized by your system. So don’t forget to take a handful of nuts everyday along with good quality protein like toned milk and boiled eggs. Maintain a 2 hour window between each meal so that you can feel he hunger and eat better quantities.
• Add more liquids: You may be thinking how to gain weight with liquids. But drinking appropriate quantity of water or other liquids will help you in flushing all the waste products accumulated after digestion of those extra calories you ate. Drink water or juices. If you dislike drinking water, choose on flavored water, apple juice, milkshakes, smoothies etc. Specially if you are working out, the body needs that extra liter of water.
• Avoid junk food: All this while you read that you must increase your calorie intake. A lot of people often use the synonym high calorie to junk food. What we forget is that junk food is not only high in calories but provides trans fats. Sure you want to know how to gain weight, but in a healthy manner. Avoid cupcakes, cookies, cakes, margarine, processed meats and packaged foods.
• Weight training: A lot of people are of an opinion that exercise is for people who want to lose weight. How to gain weight with exercise? exercise works both ways and will make you fit by getting you to your right weight. Whether it requires losing some pounds or putting on some pounds, exercise will stimulate your appetite, increase your energy needs and more over convert those extra calories into muscle instead of fat. Read about protein supplements.
• Sleep more: Sleeping is the best thing you could do to keep yourself healthy. Yes it is as important as exercising is. Unfit people are almost always sleep deprived. Make sure you sleep for at least 7-8 hours every day.