Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SureshYour feedback matters!
We are giving dizole tablet 250 mg to my father. To prevent him from drinking. We are giving this medicine from 6 months and my father is suffering from joint pain, loss of appetite etc. Is this tablet is harmful.
I am 17 years of age I am suffering from severe backache I have applied several ointments but all came to no use. Now can you please help me.
For last so many days I feel extreme pain in my left arm above elbow. At times shooting pain. Hv problem in lifting things, rolling chapatis etc. At times problem in rotating shoulder also. Used muscle relaxant like move, volini but not of much use. Could it be an indication of some underlying problem. Please help. Thanks in advance.
I suffer from back pain now a days and my right leg pains too because of that. Please advise some remedy.
I have pain in my legs. Its when I wake up early in the morning. What should I do? How can I reduce this pain. Can you tell me home remedy?
How I loose my weight and I have back pain always at evening. Not able to sleep without balm and all. Please tell me some tips. Thank you.
Back pain is a common source of pain, which can be acute, subacute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain, middle back pain, lower-back pain or tailbone pain.
Lower back pain is a type of back pain, which affects the lower back portion of the body. It may occur from arthritis or due to sudden jerking during movement. Lower-back pain may cause serious discomfort and aching and may disable a person from moving about. It should be treated and cared for properly.
Here are several treatments and care procedures for lower-back pain:
- Take some rest: Rest for 2 to 3 days is sufficient and consult to doctor.
- Pills: Sometimes, a lower back pain can suddenly become severe. In this case, you should intake anti-inflammatory pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, you should not take them for longer time period as continuous pill consumption can cause side effects.
- Hot & cold compress: Apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area in your lower back for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about of 20 minutes and you should take several sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries, reducing the flow of blood to the affected area. The swelling is then eased. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and helps to increase blood circulation.
- Replace your mattress: People who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of experiencing lower-back pain. If you sleep on a medium-firm mattress, your chances of getting lower-back pain are less. In case your mattress is sagging or is very old, you should replace it.
- Exercising regularly: Simple and easy stretches for back not only eases the stress, but also prevents the body against spine arthritis. However, one should seek proper guidance before you attempt any exercise as not all exercises are suitable for all types of medical conditions.
Lower-back pain is likely to cause great discomfort and trouble. You will be unable to carry out your daily chores because of the pain. Therefore, proper treatment and care are required for lower-back pain.