Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Bariatricians in India. You will find Bariatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Bariatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SureshYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have a couple of fatty nodules in my body. I consulted a homeopathic doctor and he said it's because of fat/cholesterol. They don't pain. He advised me to do pranayam. What would be your suggestion doctor?
I am trying to reduce weight I jog regularly by doing brisk walking for 40 minutes followed by twisting exercise, push ups for 30 minutes MY AGE 59 YEARS HEIGHT 175 CMS But I am not loosing weight I TAKE 7 CUPS OF TEA EVERYDAY, EACH TIME WITH ONE BIG BISCUIT/ RUSK I TAKE 6 CHAPPATIS EVERY DAY AND i am VEGETARIAN PLS HELP SIR TO REDUCE I do not drink and avoid cold drinks, ice cream and sweets still I am not able to reduce my weight 90 kg.
I am a non vegetarian I want to reduce I am over weight by 25 kgs. I have herniated disc too I have to reduce at any cost what should I do. I am from india I have cholesterol of 225 BP goes up at times.
How can I lose my weight? I am a 18 year's girl and very serious about my heavy weight. Pls help me to fit my body to 53 kg from 60th.
Hi doctor, I started my gym on 2014 and I reduced my weight upto 23kgs in 6 month without fat burner or medicines. But now I cant move to next level my skin fat is blocking my packs from visibility. And some of them prefers me to take medicines, like steroids but I wanted to reduce it by naturally would you suggest me with any diet plan or natural fat reduce tips. And if medicine used. Is there a way to wash out from body permanently. Waiting for your reply thank you.
I am weighting approx 85 kgs. My age is 33. I am medically fit but not physically. Kindly advice me about how to reduce these extra 20 kilos from belly and hips / thigh rapidly. I am waiting for your reply.
What should I do for loss the fat and weight in the ties what should I do to control the body weight plzzz can you help me.
I want to loose my weight but I was not dieting so I was ware care fully my hospital so you say that I am what working?
Hello I am 21 years old n Working women I usually out of home for jobs and classes my current weight is 40 kgs and height is 5 feet pls suggest me proper diet so that I remain healthy at the end of the day I become very drowsy .I wake at 5 am and Go to sleep at 11 pm all week days and at weekend 8 am and asleep at 11 pm. Thankyou.
My weight gain and weight loss is abrupt. I weighed 93kg in march and now I am 90. My height in 176cm. My bmi now is 29. Please suggest me tips managing my weight.
Suggest me a diet (vegetarian) weight loss but one with high protein nd nutrient content. I am gymng nd had been dieting frm past 2 years had lost 15kg till now but that diet schedule isn't working now so suggest me some other food option.
Hi, My weight is 60 kg and height is 153 cm. I had c-section two months ago. How much should I reduce? I breast feed my baby. Suggest some ideas to reduce weight.
'Metabolic' are the biochemical processes that are involved in the normal functioning of your body. Risk factors are common traits, habits or conditions that raise your risk of developing a disease. Metabolic syndrome is the term used for a group of factors that increase your risk of developing the cardiac diseases and other health issues, like stroke and diabetes. Metabolic syndrome is becoming a prevalent disorder due to a sharp rise in the rate of obesity among adults. Metabolic syndrome may soon overtake smoking as the dominant risk factor responsible for heart disorders.
The following are some of the dominant symptoms of metabolic syndrome:
- Abdominal obesity
- A high level of Triglyceride( 150 and higher)
- A lowered level of HDL (good cholesterol)
- Blood pressure of 130/85 and above
- Increased level of blood sugar (fasting) of 110 or more
It is not impossible to prevent the onset of metabolic syndrome. Slight lifestyle alterations can help to delay the onset of the disorder. In order to control metabolic syndrome effectively, you need to require long term dedication towards your health.
The following are some tips that may help you to control your metabolic syndrome:
- Lead an active life: Studies suggest that if you lead an active life, you run a lower risk of developing metabolic syndrome. If you exercise on a regular basis and participate in physical activities, it will help you to reduce your blood pressure level. Active lifestyle is also known to improve your insulin sensitivity, which will help you to control your metabolic syndrome effectively.
- Healthy diet: A healthy and balanced diet that comprises of fresh leafy vegetables, seasonal fruits and whole grains carbohydrates is good for your overall health and helps to prevent or slow down the onset of metabolic syndrome.
- Drink in moderation: A glass of wine on a daily basis is beneficial for your health. According to recent studies, moderate intake of wine may lower a person's risk of developing metabolic syndrome. It must be kept in mind that wine is only helpful when consumed in moderation. In fact, over indulgence in wine is actually injurious to health.
- Maintain an ideal body weight: Obese people are more prone to suffer from high blood pressure and increased blood sugar level; all of which fuel the risk of developing metabolic syndrome. Reduce your excessive body fat to achieve an ideal body weight to lead a healthy life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist.