Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SugumaranYour feedback matters!
I am 54 years old male, I am suffering from hyperacidity, acidity reflux, and sometimes gas goes to the heart and causes pain and discomfort. Today I also felt breathlessness after climbing 30-40 stairs, and it was okay after 5 mins. For additional information, I am also a BP patient taking Nebilong -AM and Losoral 50. Please tell me what should I do as my gastric problem is not getting cure. I have try a lot of medicines but still I face gastric disorder everyday. Problem like bloating, belching and burping, uneasiness due to stomach persist. Thank You for your time.
Since from last 2, 3 months my left testis having swelling and left lower abdomen having mild pain, I fills sensation to urine even after urinate. Why this is so?
My husband suffers from stomach bloating. He's 66 year old diabetic. We are vegetarians and very careful with diet. Please advise.
I am 70yr old. Had a sigmoid colectomy. Then after a year recurrence of colorectal metastes appeared in pet scan. Biopsies are not clarifying the malignancy. 6 chemo and 20 radiotherapy done. But there is no change. Can the bio eletrotherapy help to dilute the metastes. Can I get rid of the stoma pouch? kindly help me. Am alone with sheer noney.
Dear Doctor, My fatty liver was very high with sgpt count 320 and sgot 210. I have consulted with a liver specialist. He advised me to go for ANA Test, which came positive. Then he advised for a liver biopsy to investigate further. The biopsy result shows the liver inflammation due to fatty liver. In the mean time I have started strict diet that I fully stopped intake of sugar, bakery items, deep fries and reduced all cereals to 1/4th quantities. After a week, my new blood report shows SGPT 160 and SGOT 80 and the blood cholesterol is little higher with little high triglycerides. After seeing my biopsy test doctor advised me to take 3 tablets. Udiliv 300 , Evion 400 and Piosys15 mg. My friends told me that the tab Piosys 15 mg is used for diabetic patients to reduce the insulin and its got high side effects. Is that true? Pls note that my fasting sugar is very normal. Should I have to take the tab piosys 15 mg? Will I get diabetes after taking this tablet? Or I may take only the other 2 tablets? Please help me.
My stomach has not accept ed milk. So how milk easy digest in stomach any complete ly solution. Which ingredients add in milk. After milk digest easy. And high calories and powerfully energy many more.
I have stones in my gallbladder. I don't want surgery. Is there any other treatment for it except surgery.
Sir . My problem is that I am having pain in my breast. It start 10 - 12 days before my monthly and remain up to end of my monthly cycle. In these days I also have abdominal pain in last 5 days. And sir I am having two children .younger is 5 year old. So please guide me what I can do.
Mera stomoch saaf nahi rahta. 15 days ho gaye night m neend nahi aati hai. Bahut problem ho jaati hai. Pleas help.
I am suffering from gall bladder stone since 2 yes and I am taking tablets like udiliv on it BT still no effect tell me solution.
Good afternoon sir, Sir I am suffering for acidity and I have headache whenever I have acidity, some time I have also pain in right chest, What I do sir.
I daily faced one problem that is I am daily eat proper food with time to time but still I faced that acidity problem so now what can I do for that.
I am 28 year old male. I am suffering from the problem of acidity and headache from last few days. Due to which I got irritated soon. Kindly suggest cure.
What is the best way to get a perfect digestive system .Means I have digestion problem. So I want to get my digestive stronger with better digestion.
I have been advised to have chitrakadivati ayurvedic medicine 2 tabs before meal twice a day. I am suffering from heavy anxiety issue n IBS like problem with multiple motion with mucous in it. I am also given clonazepam .25. Is this ayurvedic medicine enough or right for IBS or not. Rest is IBS with mucous can be treated permanently or not as I am suffering from it since 10 12 years every on and off. Please tell me some permanent solution I am tensed always because of this IBS like situation and sudden urge to use toilet in morning or before traveling etc.
I am suffering from diarrhea so pls suggest me sir what can I do after you will help me this problem so pls tell me.
5 Ways to alleviate nighttime heartburn
Nighttime heartburn is a very common medical condition that causes a burning sensation in the chest region due to excessive acidity in the digestive system. This condition is witnessed very often in people and mostly it tends to awaken people from their sleep thereby disrupting their sleep patterns. Here are some effective ways to cure and prevent heartburn sensations during the night time.
1. Avoid acidity triggering foods: You should avoid the foods and drinks which are harsh on your digestive system and cause acidity and heartburn related problems during the night time. Some of the common foods and drinks responsible for nighttime heartburn and need to be avoided are alcohol, caffeinated drinks like colas, coffee and tea, chocolate and cocoa, peppermint, garlic, onions, milk, fatty, spicy, greasy, or fried foods and acidic foods like citrus or tomato products.
2. Follow a proper exercising pattern: You should never exercise immediately after having your meals. Instead, a considerable amount of a time gap should exist between your meal and your workout session. Do not ever eat a heavy meal before you exercise, because in spite of giving a time gap the richness of the food will adversely affect your digestive system.
3. Quit smoking habits: If you are a chronic/chain smoker, then you might witness the blockage of your gastrointestinal tract (digestive passages), which will further degrade and worsen the heartburn condition. Easier said than done, smoking is an addictive behaviour and you should be taking special care to lessen it and ultimately quit smoking.
4. Develop a chewing habit: If you are facing a chronic and regular heartburn problem, then you should definitely try excessive chewing of materials like gums. Chewing helps to generate excessive amounts of saliva during the act and the saliva, in turn, helps to soothe the acidic activities in your esophagus, thereby decreasing the probability of frequent heartburns.
5. Adopt weight loss measure: Sometimes, excessive body weight is also one of the potential factors responsible for causing frequent heartburns. But, if you shed a couple of kilograms from your body, then you will surely witness a relative decline in the symptoms of heartburn during night.