Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SugumarYour feedback matters!
Im a 21 year young male. I'm suffering from severe stomach ache and also suffering with loose motions. Amd also sometimes there is bleeding in motions. Im afraid. Could you please help out.
I am 21 years old. From last two years I am having lump type something near my anus hole. It hardly pain for 4-5 times in two years. When I wash my ass the lump almost got flat. But after sometime it rise up. I am not having any type of problem with that but still I am curious to know what it is.
I eat proper diet but I cannot gain weight. I have also digestion problems. What I can do to gain weight.
Hi, I am 46Y male having gastric problem, most of the time I have headache. Can you suggest something. Sunil.
As per my andoscopy I having ulcerative colitis in my lower intestine. So how can I heal this colitis. Please help me its very pain full.
I am 29 year old male. I recently got a abdomen scan and they told me I have Grade 2 fatty liver. I have been having Gerd related symptoms from 3-4 years. I get the symptoms on and off. Not always. Generally the symptoms are bloating, acidic burps, nausea, tiredness, feels sleepy and fatigue after eating food and sometimes shortness of breath. When I take medicines generally the symptoms will be reduced completely. I also get acidity or allergic for certain foods. I am not obese and my height is 178 cms and weight is 75 kgs. I have never got a GI endoscopy done. Could you please help me how can I tackle this problem because I generally have a downtime whenever I get these symptoms and do not want this create a problem with my ambitions in life and also would want to get back to a healthy body. I am not sure what diet I should follow.
Hello I am 34 year old today my ogd scopy done report say about mild Antral gastritis in stomach and rest normal is it curable how much time for treatment.
What is the cause of stomach gas and heart burning, and what medicines and precautions should be taken to relief?
Hello doctor, I am suffering from with the fissures, so what diet should follow what to eat and what not to eat and drink please help me in this thank you.
Bloating is a condition in which the abdomen swells up and the affected person starts feeling uneasy. It affects both children and adults. Gas is a condition which is characterized by bloating, burping and pain in your abdomen. It usually forms when swallowed air reacts with the gases created by the stomach bacteria breaking down the undigested food in your large intestine. Excessive gas by itself can also lead to bloating of the stomach.
Gas can also cause a lot of problems if not treated on time, such as:
Acute and sudden abdominal pain.
Vomiting due to dizziness caused by gas.
Weight loss if gas formation or bloating becomes chronic.
Fainting can also be an early symptom of excessive gas build up.
Bleeding from the anus in severe cases.
Bloating and gas can be cured by homeopathic remedies:
Homeopathic medicines are very efficient in treating bloated abdomen. Sourced from natural substances, Homeopathic remedies are very beneficial in treating cases of bloatedness. Homeopathy provides complete recovery from bloatedness. The Homeopathic treatment for bloated abdomen is also of great help in releasing the wind from abdomen, thereby providing relief to the patient. The pain in the abdomen, burning and other associated symptoms also disappear with the use of natural Homeopathic medicines. Some of the most common homeopathic medicines for bloating and gas are:
Carbo-Vegetabilis: This is possibly the most commonly prescribed medication for common gas and bloating related disorders. This medication is effective in treating bloating and gas formation in the upper abdominal region. Symptoms where this medication may be prescribed include sour burping with a burning sensation, relief with passing wind and even slight difficulties in breathing.
Magnesium Phosphorus: An effective remedy if you are have pain in your lower abdomen due to the accumulation of gas. The pain might be a constant cramping pain or it may come and go. Hiccups and belching may also accompany the episodes of stomach pain.
Natrum Carbonicum: Some people have to stay on very restrictive diets for most of their lives due to the fear of gas and bloating. Certain food items may suddenly trigger the painful build up of gas and also cause bloating. Milk products can cause diarrhea with these people as well. Natrum Carbonicum works wonders in such cases.
Nux Vomica: If your bloating is caused by indigestion then Nux Vomica is one of the best options out there to correct this problem.
Lycopodium: If you have a tendency to of bloating or gas after consuming onion or garlic, Lycopodium is a great remedy.
Pulsatilla – Neither commonly used medication, pulsatilla is use when you have slow digestive system and bloating is caused by eating sweet products such as ice-creams or cakes and fatty food in general.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for bloating and gas. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.
I am suffering for gas till 2 years. I gone for many doctors till no improvement. Is there anything to do?
Gallstones are bits of solid material that may be formed in the gall bladder. The gallbladder is a little organ located under the liver. You won't not know you have them until they've block your bile duct, causing pain that will need immediate medical intervention, and even hospitalisation in some cases.They may comprise of cholesterol, salt, or bilirubin, which consists of red platelets. Gallstones vary in size. They can be as little as a grain of sand or as even the size of an apricot in many cases.
Women are more likely to develop gallstones than men. Read on to know more:
Causes: There are a number of causes for this condition, especially in women. These causes are as follows:
- Intake of anti-conception medication pills, hormone trade treatment for menopause side effects, or pregnancy
- Malfunctioning of the gall bladder
- High cholesterol levels
- Gallstones may be created when there is excessive amount of cholesterol in the bile discharged by the liver. This bile normally separates the cholesterol and helps in the normal functioning of the liver and other digestive organs of the body.
- Bilirubin: Bilirubin is a substance created when your liver wrecks old red platelets. A few conditions, like cirrhosis of the liver and certain blood issues causes the liver to create more bilirubin than it ought to. This can lead to complicated conditions like gallstones.
- Bile: Your gallbladder needs to exhaust bile to be sound. In the event that it discharges its bile content, the bile turns out to be excessively thick which causes stones to shape.
- Weight: Being overweight or underweight can also cause a malfunction which can lead to the appearance of such stones. The diet also has a bearing in such cases.
- A yellowish tint in your skin or eyes, which can demonstrate jaundice
- Sickness or retching
- Clay coloured stools
- Pain in the right upper quadrant of your stomach area
- Other digestive issues
Numerous individuals with gallstones may be asked to go through surgery to remove the gallbladder. These include the following:
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy: The specialist passes instruments, a light, and a camera through a few little cuts in the midsection.
- Open cholecystectomy: The specialist makes bigger cuts in the belly to expel the gallbladder. You may have to spend a couple days in the hospital after the operation.
- Without getting operated: If you have a mild condition and your specialist feels you shouldn't have an operation, he may recommend medicines like chenodiol, ursodiol, or both. These medications work by dissolving cholesterol stones. One may experience mild loose motions as a side effect.