Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. SubramanyamYour feedback matters!
Myself prafull from delhi, from last night my chest pain. I take medicine but not cure. What shall I do?
I am suffering from dry cough from a last two week and I had a chest pain when I cough had. Can you would suggest what I do?
Many times I have a pain in my backside of head, upr neck also, its a not relifabl pain for some time. And many time I got a pain upr the stumk area below the chest. Please suggest me what is tgis, and I do for relif.
I have a heart problem. If I take slight spicy or oily food heart is burning severely. In free time also heart problem comes & cough is happening more times I'm a pure vegetarian &no any type of bad habit also.
Every year, heart diseases become a major reason of death all over the world. But did you know that a simple vaccine like a flu shot can be instrumental in saving you from a heart attack?
Read on to find how this simple vaccine can save your life...
Influenza or flu has been linked with heart diseases for long and patients suffering from these diseases are always advised to be cautious in the flu season to reduce the risk of heart attacks. The ‘Journal of the American Medical Association’ recently published a study, which revealed that people who have already observed symptoms of heart diseases in them, can diminish their chances of getting a heart attack and stroke by opting to get a flu shot. Among the 6735 participants of the study, 50% were given flu shots. The results observed declared that there was 36% less chance of heart diseases and stroke resulting in death in people who had received this vaccine. Moreover, recent sufferers of a heart attack were proved to be at 55% reduced threat of experiencing another major heart problem after taking the shot.
How can the flu vaccine reduce the risk of a heart attack?
The flu vaccine works towards strengthening your immune system, and thereby decreasing the risks of a potential stroke.
One theory suggests that if a person is suffering from flu, he/she experiences an increased heart rate, elevated body temperature and augmented oxygen content of the blood, besides an alteration in the consistency in blood, which can give rise to a blood clot. Now, heart attack is mostly caused when an artery of a person is 85-90 per cent blocked by plaque, but a person having flu may be at a risk of getting it merely with 40 per cent artery blockage. The function of the flu shot is to prevent flu, which in turn prevents plaque build up in your body, thereby reducing chances of a heart attack.
Another hypothesis is that the flu shot intervenes with the functioning of the immune system of your body, and helps in developing antibodies, which provide better protection against different types of infections, thus preventing heart attacks and strokes.
I have rheumatic heart decease. My left valve have problems the Dr. says to change the valve so pls tell me is there are any medicine for this.
You only have one heart, and it works for 24 hrs a day. It never sleeps, so you have to treat it right if you want to keep it pumping for years to come. For a healthy heart, you have to boost nutrition, flavor and color in your meals and snacks. A variety of fruits and vegetables are good for your heart. Always try to eat foods that are in their natural form, as they come from the ground.
Find out how these 10 foods may help lower your risk of heart disease.
1) Fresh Herbs like oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme are full of antioxidants. They are full of flavor and use them liberally to replace extra salt, oil and sugar in your food.
2) Red Wine: before you read on, a caution is that too much alcohol actually is bad for your heart. Sipping a unit of red wine a day may be good by giving you two very powerful antioxidants in restorative and catechist. These can help you to increase your HDL cholesterol while lowering your risk of damage to arterial walls and subsequent clot formation. However, alcohol may be a problem when you are already on aspirin or other medications. Check with your doctor first if you have had a history of heart disease.
3) Salmon: The american heart association calls it a super food and recommends at least two servings of salmon in a week. You can have it baked in a foil with herbs or add with veggies in your salad. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and helps to correct rhythm disorders of the heart and reduce triglycerides and blood pressure. These properties also hold good for tuna fish and one must choose canned tuna in water or brine instead of oil.
4) Extra Virgin Olive Oil: though any kind of extra oil is bad for your heart, if you need to take in some oil, then extra virgin olive oil has a lot of heart saving properties. Only one should not use it for frying or over heating the veggies. It is good when tossed over salads or used sparingly over boiled or cooked vegetables.
5) Walnuts: a handful of walnuts, say 50 grams a day are full of antioxidants and fiber. They reduce inflammation of the arteries and reduce cholesterol. However, they also have high calorie content so one must be careful about the quantities consumed.
6) Almonds: Almonds are full of plant sterols and reduce the blood ldl and are good for diabetics. One must eat them raw for full benefits as cooking or roasting them may kill some of their beneficial properties.
7) Tofu is a high source of soy protein and can be added to soups or marinated or sauteed with vegetables for its goodness. It has a lot of heart healthy minerals and polyunsaturated fats.
8) Sweet potato is a good substitute for white potatoes especially useful for people with diabetes and heart disease. It has a low glycemic index and prevents sharp rise in blood sugar after meals. One can bake it and sprinkle with cinnamon and lime juice to make it super effective.
9) Oranges have potassium and antioxidants to lower the blood pressure and improve the vessel wall function.
10) Carrots are full of fiber and are one of the top heart saving foods by controlling cholesterol. Add them liberally in your salad or munch them raw for their power packed action.
Some time, I have big pain suddenly till a minute, near the heart area. What is it. Is it dangerous for me? Please tell me.
Hlo, I am suffering stomach problem since last 6-7 month. My stomach is pumping like heart, feeling very hard above navel area and feeling pain where I press my stomach. Also heavy constipation last 6-7 month. Otherwise no pain and I am eating properly as before.
I have a problem of chest pain in the regular interval of 2 weeks. Please suggest me what to do about this.
Sometimes when Bend down suddenly or sit suddenly or may be without any sudden work my heart starts beats more faster and at that time I can't do anything. It will come to regular beats after 5 to 10 min or may be half an hour. When I consulted jayadeva hospital 2 years back they told no problem. And last month I faced this problem around 15 times and once or twice in a month I face this problem. Please suggest me solution.
I am 44 years old male having on medication after stent and my homocysteine 36.5 and Anti ccp level 6.36 is higher side. I am suffering back pain for last 5 years, kindly suggest treatment.
Women, who have been thinking that cardiac diseases are something that doesn’t need much attention, then you have tragically mistaken. As a matter of fact, these are the diseases which most women aren’t too aware of. However, it is affecting a lot of women all over the world. The most common issue in cardiology, particularly among women is a heart attack. The first thing that we should know is that Cardiovascular diseases like heart attack are killing as many women as men.
Almost more than 25,000 women are dying all over India every year from a heart attack or other coronary heart diseases. The ratio results show that women are suffering from heart attack three times more than that of breast cancer. The main reason that creates this higher toll is that the disease may be different in women. However, in the case of men, it stays more localised. In the case of women, the disease is diffused and spread out, but it can be treated.
You cannot seek immunity only through pills:
We should be aware of the fact that pills will help you to curb the chance of having a heart attack, but again doctors claim that the risk does hike quite significantly after the menopause in women. The pills in such case can create various side effects and eventually trigger more cardiac diseases. The formation of clots in blood are created by different kinds of hormonal contraception, which is the main reason for a potential heart attack in women.
Heart attack symptoms in women:
We all know that the classic heart attack symptoms include severe pressure on the chest and extreme chest pain. However, these symptoms can be quite subtle in case of women. So, here we are listing down 4 of the most common symptoms of heart attack for women and those are:
If you experience any one of these symptoms even, make sure that you go for a check immediately. Take quicker action as each minute that goes on during a heart attack is creating the death of a heart muscle.
Smoking doubles the risk of a heart attack in women
According to experts in cardiology, the most important fact that triggers a heart attack in women is smoking, which increases the blood pressure and causes the blood to pile up in your blood vessels, reducing the good HDL cholesterol which clots the blood and eventually results in a heart attack.
You must be wondering about the favourable chances of having a heart attack for women. The fifth and final thing to know about a heart attack is that women who are weighing thirty pounds or more have more chances of heart attack. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.