Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SubramaniyamYour feedback matters!
Suffering from a fungal infection on lower abdominal area and few other body parts. I consulted a dermatologist few months back and she advised to take itrasys 100 MG tablet. Thus is due to excessive sweating during gym. Pls advice. Thanks.
I am 70yr old. Had a sigmoid colectomy. Then after a year recurrence of colorectal metastes appeared in pet scan. Biopsies are not clarifying the malignancy. 6 chemo and 20 radiotherapy done. But there is no change. Can the bio eletrotherapy help to dilute the metastes. Can I get rid of the stoma pouch? kindly help me. Am alone with sheer noney.
What to do for liver, kidney, intestinal detoxification? How to cure and where? Kindly refer if any person in Coimbatore.
How and why are gallstones formed?
The bile in your body contains enough chemicals to dissolve cholesterol excreted by your liver. In case your liver starts excreting more cholesterol than your bile has the capability to dissolve, the excess cholesterol crystallizes and forms stones. Bile may become concentrated if the gallbladder doesn't empty in the time leading to the formation of gallstones.
A number of factors can increase the risks of formation of gallstones like:
- High cholesterol
- Being obese/overweight
- Being an American Indian or Mexican American
- Being female
- Falling in the age group of 60 or above
- A family history of gallstones
- Rapid weight loss
- Consumption of cholesterol-lowering medications
When should you consider undergoing surgery?
In some cases gallstones that are detected during ct scan or ultrasound (without any symptoms) don't require surgery. If you do not feel aggravating pain in your upper right abdomen or other signs and symptoms, then one can postpone the surgical process according to the need. The surgery for gallstones is also known as cholecystectomy and is done through laprascopy, where in 5 mm to 10 mm small cuts are made on the abdomen and surgery is performed. Recovery is extremely fast and one can join work the very next day and is one of the most commonly performed sugery.
However, you need to opt for surgery to remove the gallbladder necessarily in the following cases-
- sudden inflammation or infection in the gallbladder
- if you experience recurring instances of intense pain due to the gallstones
- certain growths known as polyps develop in your gallbladder which is larger than 1 cm in size and begin to give rise to numerous symptoms.
- if you have pancreatitis, which is a condition involving inflammation of pancreas due to gallstones
- if the wall of your gallbladder gets calcified
- your immune system is damaged
- you are experiencing symptoms and your gallbladder has ceased to function
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.
I am 28 years old. I have taken herballife shake for loose my weight and now I have constipation gas problem throughout day.
If you are feeling uneasy and witness symptoms like loss of appetite, heartburn and unexpected stomach pain, chances are you have acidity. Stomach conditions wherein acid levels of the gastric juices are much more than normal is known as acidity. Acidity gives you tremendous discomfort.
You can use any of these listed Ayurvedic treatments if you suffer from acidity:
- Mulethi (liquorice) and honey: You can reduce liquorice root to powder, then to half a spoon of this powder add little honey to form paste. Consume this paste twice daily after meals. Liquorice neutralizes the acids quickly to give relief.
- White pumpkin juice: Take white pumpkin peel, slice it and make a pulpy juice out of it. Having half a cup, twice a day gives fast recovery from gastritis and acidity. Alternatively, you may eat sweet made of pumpkin (peetha ki methai) after meals.
- Amla powder (Indian Gooseberry) and honey: Soak one teaspoonful of amla powder in half a cup of water. Add honey, stir and drink empty stomach in the morning. Repeat similarly in the evening.
- Cumin seeds: You can reduce cumin seeds to a powder form, then add half a spoon of it to water; presumably, one liter. Then, boil and filter it. You will have to make sure that you drink this solution instead of normal water. Take this water based solution everyday till recovery. This is quite an effective remedy for acidity.
- Buttermilk: You can take half a glass of buttermilk and add a pinch of asafoetida and turmeric to it. With it, also add a tiny amount of fenugreek. Drink it at night to get the best out of it.
- Jaggery: You can try taking boiled ash gourd with jaggery. This relieves the burning sensation in the stomach to a considerable extent.
Ayurvedic treatment is a natural way of curbing health problems. Acidity that happen to people often can be effectively cured with Ayurvedic remedies mentioned above.