Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Speech Therapy Treatment
A cat has bit on my right leg my leg is paining. I have tried many home remedies. But it doesn't work what to do please tell me.
I am 34 year old Male. And am feel shoulder join pain from both a side and I took a treatment yesterday. I feel better today. But little bit pain in left shoulder under joining place.
I am 30 years old. I am having severe joint pains and headache. I am suffering from it from four years. Tried a lot of home remedies but nothing helped. Can someone help me.
I suspect that I partially torn my pectoral muscle while benching. I want to know, How much it would cost to reattach the tendon. I mean to reattach the pec tendon to its normal position i. E. humerus bone. I stay in Hyderabad. Please advise.
My wife is 34 yrs old & has umbilical hernia measuring 18 mm. We have a 5 yr old daughter. We r planning 4 a second child in august. Is there any risk 4 the child n mother. Also is there any option other than surgery 4 treating hernia? waiting 4 your reply. Thank you.
My wife age 33. She have pain in right hand palm. And also have khali -Zanzanati in this place. Some time ok and sometimes problem. She is house wife and done house work by herself.
My mother is 75yrs old. She has pain in all joints of body from last 8 years. All bones of joints are weak. Now what to do.
For spondylitis I have taken physiotherapy for 16 days even now there is pain on my shoulder area especially left cup shoulder area wrist. Is it arthritis.
Sir I am suffering from rheumatic arthritis last 7-8 year and I had take homeopathy medicine 5-6 year. My small joint some time painful and swollen. rheumatic factor is 50. How much time to take permanently cure this disease. .
I am a 19 years old boy. I played cricket continuously last month. My legs start paining. Thought would go in 2- 3 days but it still persists. What to do?
Your shoulder is one of the most overused joints in the body and thus is at a higher risk of contracting an injury. Shoulder pain may lead to mobility issues where moving your arms may become extremely difficult. The shoulder consists of three parts, viz. the shoulder blade, collarbone and the upper arm bone. Shoulder pain may result from an injury to any of these areas.
The various causes of shoulder pain are:
- Impingement: Impingement of the shoulder muscle occurs when the top of the shoulder impinges on the rotator cuff muscles. This condition can lead to severe pain in the shoulder.
- Bursitis: Bursa is a fluid filled sac that cushions the bones and help in preventing friction. Bursitis is a disorder that results in inflammation of the bursa, thus resulting in shoulder pain.
- Tendinitis: Tendinitis is a condition that is characterized by gradual wear and tear of the tendon. Usually the rotator cuff tendons in the shoulder are affected by this condition.
- Instability of the shoulder: Shoulder instability is a disorder of the shoulder wherein the upper arm bone dislocates from its socket. This can cause excessive pain in the shoulder.
- Fractures: A fracture in the bones of the shoulder results in excruciating shoulder pain.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a disorder that leads to inflammation in the joints, thus resulting in pain and impaired movement of the joint.
Treatment: The treatment for shoulder pain consists of medications and physiotherapy. You may also be asked to discontinue any strenuous activity that requires shoulder movement. Medications such as NSAIDs are prescribed to help in controlling the pain. Various stretches of the shoulder are also recommended to improve shoulder flexibility and mobility.
Tips: Do exercises such as the overhead press with light weights to improve your shoulder strength. Also make sure to include certain external rotation exercises to strengthen the rotator cuff muscles.