Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SridharYour feedback matters!
What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
I am 37 diabetic unmarried. Now i'm afraid to get marry coz I heard if your diabetic you r not able to conceive and not able to satisfy your partner. Is this correct? And one more thing I went cardiac surgery 20 years back and taking medicine.
Hi, I am having hyperthyroidism for 12 years I am taking eltroxin 100 mcg. My tsh go down 0.16 ulU/mL should I stop taking medicine for some time please advise.
I am suffering from slight high level of uric acid. 6.9 I am taking febutaz 40. Should I take 80 mg or 40 Other question is when uric acid level is normal then should I continue using medicine or not.
I am a diabetic patient for the last 8 yrs, I take glycinorm m-80 one in the afternoon, one in the night, at 4 p. M I take glyree 2, my fasting reading is always variying from 130-170, my hba1c reading is not more than 7. 1, what is your suggestion
Sir, My FBS test is 128, PPBS Is 183, Hba1c is 5.6 and Average of 3 months is 114. Am I diabetic patient?
Which food is the best for diabetic for maintain the good sugar levels and my father is using trivolib is it good medicine or not.
My husband's fasting blood sugar level is 158mg/dl, post prandial sugar level is 199mg/dl. We are trying to conceive for more than a year. Is this sugar level a problem?
My age is 25. I got to know about 5 years back that I have diabetes. In my family history there was noon diabetic neither frm my nani side nor frm dadi side, yes my taaya and bua have diabetes but they were also diagnosed after 60 years of their ages. I do not know how dib. happened me, I did not took medicines before bt as my sugr levels wr inc. Evry yr, now frm lst six mths I am taking ozomet pg 2 half daily. Or sometimes half in mrng, hlf night. But otherwise I do not tke mch prction eating swts or rice, aloo. I wnt to kniw can with medicine I cn take ocasonly swts. Or swts cn affect evn taking ocsionly?
If the father have diabetes after his parenting then how is the link of his child's have diabetes. Is anything matters related to his gene or something else? If the risk is more then what care should someone suppose to take to avoid the risk?
I am Sugar patient in last six year but I am not Control the sugar foods. how to control the Sugar addict? please help me.
I have so much diabetic patients in my home I cannot understand how to protect them carefully please reply soon?
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.