Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SreedeviYour feedback matters!
Concerted efforts to inculcate healthy lifestyle habits can help prevent life-long lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension, heart ailments among many. A healthy lifestyle can help manage an already existing condition well too! So inculcating a few healthy lifestyle tips can go a long way in improving your overall health and mental well-being.
Hi. I am 30 years old and my wife is 27 years old. We are married since last 2 years and planning for kids since than however my wife is unable to conceive. We went to gynaecologist also who got us examined and suggested that everything is fine between both of us including my sperm test. Even after taking medication we are unable to have a child. Please help with appropriate medication advice.
I am 16yrs old female, I am missing my periods from last 15 days, not an issue of pregnancy, what should I do?
Hi I am rosy 24 years old. I am diagnosed with pcos I have taken treatment but it was of no use. So I consulted a homeopathy doctor and he said first he will give medicine for period to come. I have taken the homeo medicine and it is nearly 10 days and my period doesn't shows. And now I notice some kind of greenish, sticky discharge from my both nipples when I press them. I am freaking out. Should I approach homeo doctor or a gynic. Please advice me. Thanks in advance.
How much chance are there to get pregnant on 6th day of period? I ejaculated inside her. What precautions we have to take now to avoid pregnancy.
I am 35 year old and I am 13 weeks pregnant but in first trimester screening fetal growth restriction before 37 weeks is 1: 35 and preeclampsia before 34 weeks is 1: 52 .I am being treated with clexane injection and ecosprin 75. Should I be worry about my baby growth or will it be OK after some time.
What can I do if I'HV too much burning in my vulva region after doing rough sex? please help me out.
tips about LASIK laser corneal refractive surgery
The basic principal of corneal refractive surgery is to induce a change in curvature of the cornea to correct the preexisting refractive error.
Method of surgery:-
Epithelial-stromal flap created by sharp microkeratome or a femtosecond laser, then underlying stroma is ablated with eximer laser to correct refractive error. The corneal flap is repositioned over stroma without sutures.
Typical refractive limitations:-
Spherical range -10.0d to +4.0d,
Cylindrical range up to 4.0 d (glass power: in diaopter)
Advantage of LASIK laser surgery:-
* minimum pain
* rapid visual recovery
* minimum corneal haze
Contraindication to LASIK laser:-
* no ideal for thin cornea
* corneal dystrophy
* severe dry eye
* in glaucoma
Complications of LASIK:
* corneal flap dislocation
* corneal ulcer
* corneal haze
* decrease or increase of refractive error
* dry eye syndrome
I have irregular periods again. I used to take some Ayurvedic medicine till December from which they were coming very regular. Since I stopped my periods again started to get irregular. Everytime it skips, more my weight increases. I used to be 42 kilos ten years ago! I started going to gym regularly now. Earlier in college my periods were fairly regular. Then in 2012 I did a sonography and the doc said my ovaries had cysts. With the Ayurvedic medicine my periods became very regular (35 day cycle) but I stopped as he said I can stop it. But now again my periods are irregular and my weight has increased so much in the past few months (from 52 to 57!)
hi madam my Female friend of mine wants to know that is it safe if she consume ipill/unwanted 72 while she is already taking medicine of urine infection.
Dieting vs Fad Dieting: How can you spot the Fad?
When it comes to health foods, the craze these days are the low-fat foods or the diet foods - This craze is more of a fad. A fad that unfortunately, most of us are following. However, it is important that we understand that if the goal is to lose weight or stay fit - 'fat-free' isn't a magic wand! The health food market is full of a variety of restricted fat versions of foods. There is a variety of 'fat-free', 'low-fat', 'light' and 'reduced-fat' products available.
Let's understand what these terms actually mean.
- 'Fat-free' foods have less than 0.5 grams of fat per serving.
- 'Low-fat' foods have 3 grams of fat or less per serving.
- 'Reduced-fat' foods have at least 25% less fat than regular versions of those foods.
- 'Light' foods have either 1/3 fewer calories or 50% less fat.
The real issue with the 'actual' fat-free foods is that they are tasteless. To make up for that, food industries pour ingredients which enhance the flavor - especially sugar, refined flour, thickeners, salt and other additives. That actually adds calories, chemicals, and stabilizers which make the food ironically much less healthy than its 'with fat' version!
If the foods are not very appealing, they are less satisfying. However, if it comes as a healthy version, you can eat it guilt free and maybe eat a lot more of it.
The right thought is to think good fat, not fat-free! Follow these rules for the right fat intake.
- When it comes to health, the type of fat you eat is more important than the amount of fat you eat. It is recommended to keep the amount of fat in your diet down to about 30% of the total calorie intake.
- Don't include saturated fats, which are found in animal products (beef, pork, butter, and other full-fat dairy products), or artificial trans fats, found in partially hydrogenated oils, Dalda or vanaspati.
- Choose lean cuts of meat and fish, and low-fat dairy products, and eliminate trans fats from your diet as much as possible.
- Chose pure ghee, nuts, dairy, fatty fish, fruits like avocado or jackfruit in your diet.
- Avoid packeted, convenience and processed foods.
Tips for buying fat free foods
You do not have to completely miss total miss the fat-free foods, but pick them with the right knowledge! Here are the guidelines for the same:
- Read the food labels: Before buying a fat-free food, make sure the product isn't loaded with sugar or additives, and that it's actually lower in calories than the regular version. Also, check the serving size.
- Watch your servings: Sometimes it's better to eat one serving of more satisfying whole-fat food and avoid the extra calories and sugar in the low-fat version. So, having a few pieces of regular fried chips is way better than indulging in a bag full of the so-called baked chips.
- Eat more vegetables, fruits, legumes, and whole grains: These give you nutrients and fiber to keep you feeling full for longer, and they typically have fewer calories. They're also naturally low in fat. Eg: A baked potato is a better choice than 'baked' potato chips. The whole potato has more nutrients, more fiber, and fewer calories. Wheat cracks or daliya, vegetables, and fruit also have soluble fiber, which helps the body lower blood cholesterol. Your diet should have variety and be based on whole foods. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.