Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sreedevi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SreedeviYour feedback matters!
Now i'm enjoying sex life from last 1 year with my girlfriend. Now my girlfriend's vagina little bit loose compare to beginning. My girlfriend asking me how to tight vagina at home with home remedies please suggest me what should I do?
Me apni girlfriend ke sath sex krna chata hu pr hum darte he ki vo pregnent and ho jaye to aisa kiya kre jisse sex bhi kr le or pregnancy bhi na ho.
Hi, My wife is 6 month pregnant and always have pain in lower stomach or cramp on his stomach from last few week she also have slowing in his leg. The doctor whom I consent says that it is symptom of pregnancy. Please suggest any home remedy for this problem.
The greatest wealth is health. Physical health and mental health are just the two sides of the same coin. One wouldn't be functional without the other. For a person to achieve a complete sense of well-being, he or she needs to have a functional mental and physical health. Although there are hundreds of methods such as yoga, meditation, exercise and annual checkups to maintain good health, people are not aware of them due to many factors such as lack of awareness. Yet the following are some of the habits one can adhere to in their daily lives for a healthy living.
- Eat to stay fit: 'Every time you eat or drink, you are either feeding disease or fighting it.' Eating healthy is crucial as it facilitates and improves the metabolic functions of the body. One should always aim for a balanced diet consisting of adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals. Fresh fruits and vegetables should be included and fried, fat-rich and fast foods should be avoided to the extent possible. The right foods help in fighting foreign substances while the unhealthy ones breed them.
- Rest to be at your best: Requisite rest and sufficient sleep is essential for proper functioning of the body. If perhaps, early to bed and early to rise is not your thing, then you might try going to bed at a regular time each day. A good night's sleep rejuvenates both the body and the mind after a day's work. It can be compared to the refreshing cold water that one craves after a long run. So for those who love sleep, you people are possibly on the right track.
- Follow an active lifestyle: A sedentary lifestyle is perhaps the cause of a diaspora of diseases in the long run. A daily dose of physical activity is quintessential for maintaining a sound physical and mental health. Physical workouts and exercises lead to an increased circulation of blood throughout the body and help both the body and mind to stay fit. If you do not get enough time for workouts, try running or walking for at least 30 minutes a day. It will help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I was physical with my husband on 20th April 2017. We were using precaution while intimate. And after that my period was regular on 1 May 2017 I have my Period. But this moth I am missing my period and now till my period does not occurred. What the reason? Please advice.
Hi doctor I don't have any cyst follicle egg not growing it is 4 mm to 7 mm size only my weight also loss 8 kg but periods problem is there taking now ayurvedic medicines 3 months over today 1st day periods 10th day scanning so tell me it is pcod or no problem for my health.
Here are some tips to help you out.
1. Never be angry at the same time. If your partner is angry, try to maintain calm and put forth your point when he/ she is in a better mood.
2. Prove your point, but with love. You can make your partner understand your side of the argument with affection.
3. Tell one good thing to your partner everyday. And believe it or not, it makes a lot of difference.
4. Find time to flirt with your partner. It will definitely help.
5. Don't discuss a third person in your bed room. Keep all such discussions for your breakfast
6. Give a helping hand to your partner when he or she is under work pressure and heavy stress.
7. Go on a holiday together at least twice a year. And please do not be the good angle to include anyone else along.
8. Don't dig the past. It is a bad habit to keep reminding your partner of his/her past mistakes. Understand that it really hurts.
9. Don't sleep unless you resolve a fight. Whatever the issue may be. A calm discussion and some show of love and affection can always bring an amicable solution.
10. Be understanding. It is the key to any relationship. Be the person before whom your partner can be most relaxed and natural. Love without being judgmental. It works!
I am 25 I got aborted in month of may I got ma period in June but little then July I got twice again lit how come? why don't I get back to my normal period ?
Ovulation study day 16 Endometrium size : 9.0 mm Left ovary: 16*1 Right ovary : msf It is possible to get pregnant naturally with this dimensions.
My wife is in pregnancy of 8 months she's B-ve blood group her child is normal but child is partially covered with cord around the neck and doctor recommend may for operation .Is there any danger for mother during Operation or in delivery of child can you please help me out what is the exact procedure I have to follow next ? THANKS.
Hello doctor. My period is 25 days late. I made a home pregnancy test and the result was negative. To be sure yesterday a went to clinic and have a lower abdominal test and it says that everything is normal. So am I pregnant? And what should I do to have my period.
I am 23 years old and my problem is that I have excessive itching and burning sensation inside and outside vagina, vaginal walls have become very wrinkled and loose ending up with very excessive itching and burning, I also feel itching inside vagina in excess and white discharge as well so can you please suggest measures to make vagina healthy and fluffy as before.
Nothing in the world can be more precious and valuable than holding and cuddling your baby for the first time. For most, pregnancy and parenthood gives a new dimension to their lives. It completes their family. People wait with bated breath for the beautiful phase to unfold. However, of late, infertility has been on the rise. As per a survey, 1 in every 1000, suffers from infertility issues. Infertility in males, as well as females, can be triggered by factors such as stress (personal or professional), unhealthy and sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy food habits, obesity, medical complications.
Medical assistance and treatments are available, but some of the treatments are way too expensive or have harmful and undesirable side effects. In this regard, homeopathy comes as a much-needed blessing. It is natural and has negligible or no side effects. Furthermore, most of the homeopathic medications are affordable, leaving you with only a small pinch in the pocket.
The first step in homeopathic treatment is identifying the root cause of infertility. In males, infertility can be due to
- Erectile dysfunction.
- Low semen count.
- Sexually transmitted infections like gonorrhea and chlamydia.
- Small testes or testicular injury.
- Abnormal or premature ejaculation.
- Obstruction in Vas deferens (Ejaculatory duct).
- Varicocele, Prostatitis.
Female infertility may be due to
- Thyroid problems.
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), Endometriosis.
- Hormonal imbalance and irregular periods.
- Uterine fibroid.
- STD's like gonorrhea and chlamydia.
- Blocked fallopian tube.
- Uterine (cervix) abnormality.
Certain lifestyle habits and environmental factors also contribute towards male and female infertility.
Homeopathy to treat male infertility:
Some of the homeopathic medicines work wonders to improve male infertility.
- Caladium Seguinum: Erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation can be effectively treated with Caladium Seguinum (American Arum). In some men, erectile dysfunction results in pruritus (severe itching) in the genital organs. Caladium is the best bet to deal with pruritus.
- Agnus Castus (Chaste Tree): Agnus Castus is used to treat both male and female infertility. Men with erectile dysfunction, low libido, and low sperm count benefit immensely from this medicine. This medicine is a blessing for women with menstrual problems (irregular periods, heavy or scanty periods).
- Lycopodium Clavatum (Wolf's Foot): Men with serious erectile dysfunction (due to stress, anxiety) benefit from this medicine.
- Calcarea Carbonica: This medicine is helpful for men with a high libido but premature ejaculation.
- Conium: Conium is used to treat low libido and weak erections in men.
Homeopathy to treat female infertility:
- Pulsatilla: This homeopathic medicine comes as a relief for females who have infertility due to PCOD and irregular periods.
- Sepia: Infertility resulting from menstrual problems (scanty and short periods) can be successfully treated with Sepia. It is also helpful in case of women with hypoactive sexual desire.
- Natrum Carb: This homeopathic medicine is used to treat women who are unable to retain the sperm.
- Aletris Farinosa: This medicine is used to treat infertility triggered by heavy periods.
Though effective, these medicines should not be used without medical prescription and recommendation. Self-medication will do more harm than good. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Rectal problems in women are quite common. It is experienced by many women in some form or the other such as rectal itching, pain or bleeding. Rectal problems are more common in women than in men. These conditions need to be attended to immediately as severe rectal problems may cause several health problems. There are many ways to deal with rectal problems in women.
Treating rectal itching: Rectal itching is a common rectal problem. These can be treated by
- Improve hygiene: You should clean the rectum area gently using cotton balls moistened with water. You should apply mild ointments to prevent irritation and soothe the skin.
- Unscented toilet paper or unscented lotions and creams: You should use white toilet paper that does not have any scent. Scented soaps, creams or lotions should be avoided as it may cause further irritation. You can also apply ointments containing 1% hydrocortisone.
- Control excessive sweating: Rectal problems may occur due to excess sweating. You should avoid sweating too much by wearing light clothes and using talcum powder for the absorption of moisture.
In case of excessive itching, you should follow the following tips:
- Do not scratch the area as scratching may lead to further itching. You can take an oral antihistamine during the night to get better sleep.
- You can take a warm sitz bath after every bowel movement, for at least three days, every day. The anus should be dried properly after the bath.
- Abstain from foods that stimulate rectal itching like tea, coffee, aerated drinks, alcohol, chocolate, spicy food, tomatoes and excess vitamin C, for a period of two weeks.
- You must maintain short fingernails to avoid injuries during scratching. To prevent unconscious scratching during sleep, wear cotton gloves.
- Stress should be managed as increased stress may lead to enhanced rectal itching. When you are anxious, do not scratch the rectal area.
Treating rectal bleeding: Rectal bleeding is another problem, which may be accompanied by other rectal problems. In case of rectal bleeding, avoid taking aspirin or any other non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drug. These drugs may cause bleeding in the digestive tract. This will increase the blood amount in your stool. Bleeding hemorrhoids can worsen by the intake of these medicines. For soothing pain, opt for an acetaminophen. Constipation and diarrhoea may also lead to rectal bleeding. However, it is advised to consult a doctor before consuming any medicine.
For prevention of rectal problems, you must have a good sense of hygiene. Keep the rectum region clean and avoid sitting in the toilet for a long time. You should have a fiber-rich diet including fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid food items, which may cause rectal problems. General rectal problems are not very serious and can be treated using simple measures. Maintaining proper rectal hygiene is very important to avoid rectal problems. It is highly recommended to visit a doctor if the problem persists.