Doctor in M R Hospital
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for M R HospitalYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir, I am a patient of pocs. I was taking homoeopathy medicines before. But I've stopped taking them. Can you suggest me some exercises and daily workout plan for it?
M on pcos medicines.in every scan small tiny follicles in both ovaries. I hv problems with my period always. Bt now on medicines period r regular but small tiny follicles on both ovaries. M very stressed about that. Bcz on medicines my ovaries are enlarged like before treatment. Is it any worry to still hv follicles on 9 month treatment. please tell me if ovaries are enlarged due to follicles on medicines. Is it not to worry. M on thyroid medicines from 1 year.
During pregnancy My wife got thyroid out of limit. 50 micron /ml what are the problems after having high thyroid Please explain.
Hello? I'm 30 years old married. Trying to conceive from 2 years but no success. All reports are normal except my AMH level was 2.75 last year and came down to 1.82 this year. My doctor give me Ovy Dsr 75 mg for 1 month. What should I do?
Hi Sir, What are the consequences of lemon shaped skull of a baby? I'm 19 weeks pregnant. If the consequences are mild (not severe) is it compulsory to abort the pregnancy?
Hi Sir, I'm taking Tb Dafodil, cor 3, productiv f for conceiving baby still 3 month when will I got that result.
It is crucial to take care of your body after a heart attack and following certain rules mentioned by your doctor is necessary. One of the rules is that you cannot overexert. Therefore, most people believe that sex after a heart attack is not safe.
Sex is an essential component of a healthy life. According to cardiologists, it is safe for people to have sex after a heart attack. When you feel better and healthy, you can resume sexual activity. However, you must keep a few things in mind before resuming sex after a heart attack. Things you should know about having sex after a heart attack. Here are some important things that heart attack survivors should know about having sex after heart attack:
- Wait after having a heavy meal: Cardiologist Michael Miller says that heart attack survivors should wait for one to three hours after having a heavy meal for having sex. Waiting a few hours will allow their body to digest the food properly. As a result, it will reduce stress on the heart while having sex.
- Engage in mild physical activities to see if you are ready for sex: It is not wise to resume sexual activity immediately after a heart attack. If you had a myocardial infarction (MI), you should wait for at least one week. Dr. Miller says that one week is fine for patients who had an uncomplicated heart attack. However, before having sex, patients should engage in mild physical activities like brisk walking and climb the stairs. If they are able to do it without experiencing chest pain, fatigue and shortness of breaths, they can resume sexual activity.
- Wait till there is adequate healing: People who had a coronary bypass surgery need to wait at least six to eight weeks for resuming sexual activity. Until there is adequate healing of the chest region, people should not indulge in sex.
- Sexual challenges are common after a heart attack: Sex may not be the same as it was before you had a heart attack. Most men, who had suffered from a heart attack, reported of sexual challenges such as disinterest in sex, erectile dysfunction, and performance anxiety after a heart attack.
- Sex doesn’t cause heart attacks: It is a myth that having sex can cause another heart attack. According to a research published in the American Journal of Cardiology by James E Muller, the risk of sexually triggered myocardial infarction (MI) is extremely low. Sexual activity carries a negligible risk of causing a heart attack.
If you feel any discomfort while having sex, stop and take rest for a while. If the symptoms of angina do not go away in a few minutes, call your doctor for help. Have sex when you feel totally comfortable, in a cosy place. Be honest with your partner about your feelings and concerns so that you don’t feel anxious while having sex. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Abnormal uterine bleeding, also known as AUB, is one of the most common causes requiring gynecologic evaluation. Hysteroscopy is a procedure wherein a thin camera called hysteroscope is introduced into the uterus via the vagina and this light helps in a thorough examination of the uterus. In cases where there are cysts or fibroids or even cancerous growths, this is used to get more details on the lesions. However, hysteroscopy also has a therapeutic use in that it is used to treat conditions like abnormal uterine bleeding. Read on to know more about AUB and how hysteroscopy helps in treatment.
Causes of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: Vaginal bleeding that occurs more often than 21 days and farther apart than 35 days is known as abnormal uterine bleeding. The bleeding is also abnormal if it lasts longer than 7 days and more than 80 mL of blood is lost during each cycle.
Some causes include:
When a woman has abnormal bleeding, further diagnosis is required to confirm the exact cause of the bleeding. This is where the hysteroscopy comes into the picture. Hysteroscopy, literally translates to viewing the uterus from inside directly through a camera.
How it is done:
Hysteroscopy is done as an outpatient procedure and normally takes about 3 to 4 hours. General or spinal anesthesia may be used depending on complexity and overall patient health. The uterus is filled with a fluid like saline or glycerin and a thin lighted instrument called the hysteroscope is inserted through the vagina, up the cervix, and into the uterus. This tube is flexible and so can be moved across the uterus to identify any areas of abnormality. It also has a camera and so can be used to take pictures of suspicious areas.
Causes for infertility may also be detected using hysteroscopy. Small knives can also be used to remove the lesion like fibroid or polyp. These are often the cause of abnormal bleeding. Samples can also be taken for biopsy to confirm if any cancerous growth is detected.
Hysteroscopy is a safe and effective way to examine the cervical canal and uterine cavity. It is better to accompany D&C with hysteroscopy instead of going for blind dilatation and curettage, especially in women who are peri or premenopausal. Hysteroscopy is a safe procedure if done by a doctor, specialised in gynecological endoscopy and helps in both diagnosis and treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Often it has been observed in patients undergoing a brain surgery that their memory gets affected. The memory can sometimes be affected either by the tumor growing inside the brain or by the surgery for the removal of that tumor. Rather than the long-term memory, in the majority of the brain surgery cases, it is the short term memory that gets affected more noticeably. Further, sometimes, people have difficulties in making new memories after the brain surgery along with retrieving the old ones. Continue reading to know more about brain surgery and amnesia.
How is brain surgery connected to amnesia?
The presence of a tumor in the brain can affect one's memory in two different ways. Though not everyone suffers from it, there is a possibility that the treatment or the surgery often leads to memory difficulties and sometimes it's the location of the tumor in the brain that causes the memory damage. Sometimes, even radiations or chemotherapy sessions can also be responsible for amnesia. One must know that having a brain tumor or opting for a brain surgery doesn’t necessarily cause memory loss or amnesia for everyone. And those patients who do suffer from this, both the severity and symptoms of the memory loss vary from one to another.
Probable memory difficulties
Memory difficulties, also commonly referred to as amnesia, can be two different types, retrograde amnesia, and anterograde amnesia, irrespective of whether it is the result of the treatment or the location of the tumor. In case of retrograde amnesia, the memory loss occurs before undergoing a brain surgery, or sometimes even before developing the brain tumor. However, those who suffer from anterograde amnesia face difficulties in remembering their previous memories after the brain surgery is performed.
Coping with amnesia
Once the type of memory loss one is suffering from is identified, there are various ways and strategies to cope with amnesia, suggested by the doctors. Taking good care of one’s self, having the necessary amount of sleep along with a healthy diet helps one improve his or her capacity of recalling the forgotten memories in many cases.
Further, by adopting simple measures like maintaining a diary, following a routine and organizing one's medications with reminder notes can also help an amnesia patient in coping with the normal life situations. Minimizing the distractions and focusing on a single thing at a time can also be helpful in not only coping with it but also in improving the memory.
In case one displays signs of having a memory problem after a brain surgery, he or she should be immediately taken to a clinical psychologist or a neuropsychologist. Because it is with the help of this medical professional that severity of the amnesia that the person is suffering from and which part of memory has been affected can be determined, and the right ways of coping with the issue can be suggested. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Urticaria or hives are red, raised lesions that occur anywhere on the body, usually around the trunk, hands and legs. They appear as small round rings or large patches that changes shape, may itch and be surrounded by a red flare. They can be acute or chronic, with acute almost always being an allergic reaction. It is often due to unknown causes, ranging from chronic irritation to parasitic infection to temperatures to water types.
Homeopathy treats diseases as a whole, and similarly, when treating urticaria tries to identify associated symptoms and thereby treat the cause also. After a detailed discussion about predisposition and associated symptoms, a customized remedy will be prescribed, which may include one of the following common homeopathic remedies.
- Apis Mell: The hives consist of isolated patches that are painful, tender, itch at night, feel like bee stings, become purple. There is burning pain, slight fever, and warmth of the surrounding skin. It is worsened by changing weather and exercise, causing severe itching and burning. The patient may already have asthma.
- Arsenic Album: The urticaria is caused by eating shellfish and causes burning and restlessness. The condition gets worse being at the seaside and by getting into sea water. Arsenic is also useful to treat urticarial symptoms during the recession of the lesions. The person also could be down emotionally with depression, despair, indifference and irritability. If the lesions are more severe, the restlessness is also severe. It is worse after midnight, from 1 to 2 a.m.
- Rhus toxicodendron: Prepared from the leaves and bark of the plant poison ivy, Rhus works on multiple body systems including skin, joints, eyes, extremities, and overall vitality. In addition to urticaria, it is also used in cellulitis, arthritis, fevers, etc. It is effective if the urticaria has a burning sensation, inflamed reddened rash that is worsened by cold and improved by warmth.
- Urtica urens: Made from a plant called stinging nettle, which itself has a tendency to produce urticaria, it is used when there is urticaria from bee stings or after eating shellfish. The lesions are red with severe burning and itching, recurring every year, could be associated with weather changes.
- Natrum Muriaticum: The common salt sodium chloride is potentized, and its inner healing power activated. It is used for chronic urticaria, where the lesions develop after severe irritation.
- Dulcamara: The lesions develop followed a general prickly sensation setting in and at night when it is cold and damp. The hives are irregular white patches surrounded by a red area that itch badly. The hives are associated with violent cough, swelling of the lymph nodes, fever, restlessness, sleeplessness, decreased appetite, nausea, vomiting, bitter taste, and intense aching in pit of stomach.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!