Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Sollin SelvanYour feedback matters!
I am having constipation and gas for the last 3 days. And I am having Vizylac Rich for 20 days now. This drug has been prescribed by a doctor. What should I do?
A large number of skin problems like acne breaks, dull complexion are a result of unnecessary stress. Try doing yoga or meditation as they are known to be effective stress busters.
I'm 20 years old female. I have dust allergy since 3 months. I am getting headache, sneezing, running nose. And I'm not able to study. What should I do now.
actually I have take a alcohol and cigrate socially not a daily habit but some time both a continue for some time. Eating habit is simple no any non veg and other things.
My wife gets irritated very often .gets disturbed by anybody coming to home. She always has fear from others .her behaviour is suddenly changes. She can talk about any issue for long duration. Without stopping. She has no control on her emotions. She has very innocent mind. But on disturbance she talks very abusive language.
Is marriage even fun anymore? That?s what many couples who are getting divorced are trying to figure out. Time after time, we read about or know of couples getting divorced after years of marriage, but why? Once again, another Hollywood couple has recently decided to call it quits. Comedian Chris Rock and wife, Malaak Compton-Rock filed for divorce after nearly 20 years of marriage?20 years! How does this happen? Are Hollywood marriages that hard to maintain? With the onslaught of African American marriages visibly breaking down, we compiled this list of tips from successful couples on how to divorce-proof your marriage.
1. If you have to fight, walk and fight. Many arguments stem more from being cooped up together in tight quarters than from the issue at hand. Plus, getting fresh air is good for you, and it will give you more energy for No. 3. (Hey, everyone knows that makeup No. 3 is the best kind.)
2. Over-Communicate. Some, many men especially, don?t see the value in over-communicating to their spouse. While one spouse may not want to hear or share everything about themselves, the other spouse may want to know. So if one spouse needs to hear it, it?s important to the marriage. Over communication also cuts down on rumors about you and your mate?you?ll already know the truth before anyone else says something. Treat your life like a great Facebook post, SHARE IT!
Check This Out: Marriage Mistakes WOMEN Make (Yes, It?s True)
3. Have sex with each other. Seriously! Sex is proven to lighten the mood, make you feel better in a number of ways, including reducing stress. One piece of advice someone shared is to begin to undress anytime you and your mate start to argue?you will either have sex or die laughing (Ha! It?s worth a try). And if you can?t have sex with each other for some reason, let your spouse know that you are thinking about having sex with him and that you are looking forward to the next time you are both available for sex. Try sending a ?sext?. Just make sure you?re sending it to the right person!
4. Respect ?Me Time?. Sometimes your spouse needs to go to the bathroom for 45 minutes. Look, he?s not going to the bathroom the whole time; he?s trying to get away from you. And that?s OK. Maybe you?re being annoying. We can all be annoying at one time or another. That doesn?t make you a bad person or a bad marriage, it?s just time to one?s own thoughts and feelings.
5. Listen just to listen, don?t listen to respond. Many times, while our mate is talking, we are thinking of our response. That?s not truly listening. Sometimes we must forego what we want to say and listen to what he/she is saying (and not how they are saying it). Trust me, it will get you out of hot water many times.
6. Never apologize if you aren?t sorry. Some spouses want to ?keep the peace? and say they are sorry or apologize to keep their mate happy, but if you?re truly honest with your mate, you will state the truth. It may seem harsh at first, but it will get everything out in the open.
7. Date, date, and date some more. Just because you got married, doesn?t mean you have to stop dating. People say it over and over again; ?do the things you did to get me after you got me.? But we understand it?s sometimes hard to do with jobs, kids, responsibilities, etc. But you have to have unwavering when it comes to dating. Dating allows you to continue to have fun with your mate and learn more outside of marriage. Couples who dated for at least three years before their engagement were 39 percent less likely to get divorced than couples who dated less than a year before getting engaged. So even if you didn?t date long before marriage, make up for DURING the marriage. Keep dating!
I have heavy body pains from a week, I can't able to sleep daily, I have used many medicines, but it was not reduced?
For about 10 days am feeling too much pain in the legs, back and half of my head maybe due to acidity / gastric problem as my tongue is also white and tastes awful. Kindly suggest a remedy.
Sir, my mind always want to sex and saw sex videos how I can leave this. And I am not able concentrate on my studies and I have so much pimple due jerking of penis 2-3 times a week.
I am suffering from panic disorder mostly it happens in public speaking daily I am a sales men in cloth shop .wen ever I speak it is harming me pls help.
What are the supplements for Omega 3. I have a problem of memory loss and I monthly take injection of B12 prescribed by a doctor. I read on this app that Omega 3 is best for solving memory loss and other problems and is good for health . And I can't take fish oil. Please help.
I am 21 year old girl and am sleep more than 12 hrs daily but after these I always want to sleep my mind does not active I forget my things where I placed and face of the person also and I cannot concentrated on my studies my mind divert when I seat to study and after 5 to 10 mins study I stand up and move for other work I come lazy n more lazy day by day please help me what I can do to become active my face always look like dull and activeness my soul do not want to do anything please help me plz.
I used to take alcohol on daily basis for 4-5 years. Last two years it is stopped almost completely. I am married now and want a baby. But not getting successful. Kindly advise.
Hello, I want to know that these days i'm not feeling well, sir me bhi bahut dard hota h kyunki me jisse pyaar krti hu uske bina nhi Ji pa rhi hu I love him so much lakin vo ab change ho gya h vo pichle 5 saalo se mere sath tha lakin ab nhi us tym PR to vo bi bolta that ki vo bi mujse bahut pyaar krta tha lakin ab SB change ho gaya h vo sayad apni family ki wajah se aisa kr rha h lakin fir bi vo online hota h lakin mujse hi baat nhi krta baut hurt hota h bahut bura lgta h samajh nhi aara kya kru uske bina nhi Ji skti aisa lgta h jaise dhire dhire mar rhi hu please help me koi meri feelings ko nhi smjhta.
I am tech graduate. Currently doing a job and also preparing for govt exam. But from last two months I can't concentrate on anything. A depression feeling roaming around me. What should I do.
I had an accident last year. I can't get out of the trauma. I get afraid if I board a bus. Please help.
Facing a major crisis in life? Here are 5 ways to deal with one
Life is a mixture of good and bad times and everyone experiences a crisis at some point in their lives. A life crisis is a situation when everything in your life seems to fall apart, followed by a major event or a series of events such as the loss of a job, death of a family member, a relationship break-up, divorce, to name a few. Whatever the reason may be, each crisis tests your ability to cope with grief.
Here are some tips on how to face a life crisis bravely and bring your life back on track.
1. Don't run away from the problem
It's very common for people to want to run away from problems when situations are not in their favour. Instead, face the difficulties bravely and try to find ways to deal with it. Accept that it has happened and focus on the next logical course of action.
2. Rule out the negative self-assumptions with logical reasons
After experiencing a major loss in life, it's not uncommon to have negative self-assumptions or feelings of guilt. You may feel traumatised due to the happenings in your life and may start believing that the world is no longer a safe place. This can lead to frustration and sense of futility. In such a situation, don't panic unnecessarily, and give yourself logical reasons instead to prove that most of your negative assumptions are not true.
3. Seek the help of your family and friends
Spend more time with your family and friends, but do not always discuss the negativities you are facing in life. Instead of always telling them how terrible you feel, enjoy some light moments with them. This will help you cultivate a feeling of having a strong and secure support network.
4. Take a short vacation
Take a break from work and spend few days out of your town. It will help rejuvenate your soul and re-energise you to deal with the crisis situation. Vacations prove to work wonders to your physical and mental health, reducing depression and the stress you face to a considerable extents.
5. Keep a record of your progress
Record whatever positive happens to you each day, even if it's a small thing. Write about how you feel while experiencing and recovering from this crisis. This not only helps in bringing about a positive mind-frame, but also keeps your mind away from the painful events, speeding the healing process.