Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sivakumar M. R
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sivakumar M. RYour feedback matters!
I have chronic prostatitis non bacterial but now my major concern is how to treat my ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION. From last year I'm suffering with this condition. Despite,doing kegel and other pelvic floor exercises, condition is not improving. I was taking alfusin (alpha blocker) but have stopped consuming it from January 2017 still no improvement, suggest me something and please help me to get out of this situation as earliest. I even took homeopathy medicine for 1 year but no great improvement. My age-24 Habits- no drinking, no smoking, pure vegetarian.
I am 22 years old male. I have a white spot or I can say white mark which is approx circle in shape on my right chick near my beard. It is small in shape and it is there from more than 10 years probably. I want to know is it possible to remove this spot from here and make that skin normal body colour of mine through surgery. I have tried medicine but it didn't helped me out. Please tell me if it is possible to remove it through surgery and if possible then what would be the cost for this. Suggest me the steps kindly.
I am breastfeeding mom my baby is 7 month. From my one breast from upper portion I have pain. If I press it have pain and something hard. Can I use hot bottle for relive or some serious problem? Please help.
My face and my hands have tanned probably because of the sun and the weather conditions. How to get fair? Please help.
My facial skin looks more tanned than my body and it has got a number of swollen rashes, which may look like big acnes, but actually they are not (I suppose) as I do not feel any pain from those bulges. Nor does puss come out from them. They get reduced in size by their own, after some time. Again some do not- they remain as permanent kind of lumps (small) at some parts of my face.
Mesotherapy literally translates to “treatment of the meso” - the layer of skin with fat and subcutaneous tissue. The mesoderm is the target layer here, into which natural substances, tested chemicals, vitamins, and other agents are injected to treat conditions like cellulite, fat accumulation, and ageing effects of the skin.
The procedure involves the injection of safe, tested and approved substances for benefit of the skin. Mesotherapy has been in use for a long time in Europe, though it is gained popularity over the last couple of decades now. Mesotherapy is used for -
- Weight reduction
- Cellulite removal
- Anti-ageing treatments for wrinkles and dark spots
- Acne scar removal
- Stretch marks
- Facial rejuvenation
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid contour)
Here is a list of benefits -
- There is no invasion into the cellular layer, unlike in laser or liposuction.
- There is no scarring with mesotherapy, unlike with liposuction.
- It is done as an outpatient process, and the patient can walk out after the procedure.
- No sedation is required with mesotherapy.
Comparison with other options:
- In comparison to liposuction which does not treat cellulite but makes it more prominent, mesotherapy treats cellulite directly. The result of the therapy is smoother skin and reduced fat in selected areas. The removed fat tissue is flushed out from the body, and does not appear anywhere else, as is the case with liposuction.
- When used for anti-ageing effects, vitamins, collagen, and elastin are used. The head, neck, and face areas are usually treated, and the skin begins to appear younger in about a week’s time.
- For people seeking weight loss, Mesotherapy helps break down existing fat and also helps break down love handles, double chin, and other visible fat lumps. This helps in almost immediate weight loss. Added with skin contouring, there is no loose skin left behind either.
What to expect during the sessions?
- After a detailed history, pre-treatment pictures are taken.
- The doctor identifies what chemicals need to be injected, and allergy testing is done for these. Two areas are injected with small quantities and watched for a day to see if there is any reaction.
- Once it is deemed safe, further injections are given the next day.
- Topical anesthesia is usually not required.
- Results will be evident after a couple of days and will continue to be more evident..
- Repeat sessions may be required for some people, depending on the severity of the condition and the response of the person.
- There could be minor effects like bruising and pain, which disappear within a couple of days.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!