Treatment of Lumpectomy
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Prostate Laser Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Kidney Stones Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Vascular Trauma Treatment
Arterial Thrombosis Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for GLB HospitalYour feedback matters!
Epidermolysis bullosa simplex is a genetic disorder that results in the skin turning fragile and blister prone. Any small injury or friction created due to rubbing of the skin might lead to blister formation. In some cases, blisters may occur inside the mouth and on the cheeks. Normally, the cause of the disease is linked to defective genes.The condition is usually inherited and the symptoms start flaring in childhood. In some cases, the symptoms start during the early twenties.
The symptoms of this disease are:
- Deformities in the nails of the toes and fingers.
- Blisters in the internal organs such as esophagus and vocal chords.
- Formation of blisters on the skin of the feet and the hands.
- Loss of hair and scarring of the scalp.
- Thickening of the skin on the palms and soles of the feet.
- Formation of white skin bumps on the skin.
- You may experience various dental problems such as tooth decay.
- You may have problems in swallowing food.
Epidermolysis bullosa can be classified into:
- Junctional Epidermolysis Bullosa: This is a severe form of epidermolysis bullosa that usually develops during birth. The condition is characterized by hoarse and unusual crying sounds and scarring in the vocal chords. The genes that attach the epidermis to the basement become defective and thus, cause blister formation.
- Kindler Syndrome: This type is characterized by blister formation across all layers of the skin, but its symptoms tend to disappear with time. This condition is known to cause discoloration of the skin when exposed to the sun.
- Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa: This is caused by a defect in the gene that causes problems in collagen formation. This results in complications as the skin doesn't join properly.
This disease may cause various complications such as sepsis, skin infection, anemia, constipation and dehydration. An infant, who has a severe form of epidermolysis bullosa, may not be able to survive due to widespread blistering and infections that may drain all the body fluids out drastically. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a geneticist.
Dull skin may occur due to multiple reasons such as lifestyle factors and other environmental factors. It makes you look tired and older; this is due to the presence of dead cells on the skin which does not allow the light to reflect properly off your skin. Facials are very helpful in getting rid of dull skin by improving your complexion and circulation. It cleans the pores, removes dead cells, making you look your age, or even younger.
Here are some facial treatments for various skin types:
- If oily skin is your woe: If you have oily skin, you can exfoliate your skin using an exfoliating jelly that contains vanilla and alginate (also known as alginic acid) that removes impurities, blackheads and whiteheads from your skin. You can also use a face mask that consists of clay and align (chemical extracted from brown seaweed) that helps in preserving the skin moisture and tightening the pores on your skin. The procedures help in getting rid of impurities and have a soothing effect on the skin as well.
- Fight dry skin: Dry skin problems, such as wrinkles necessitate a hydrate and restore facial. This begins with an exfoliation to remove the dead cells from the topmost layer (epidermis) of the skin. Once the facial is complete, a massage cream is applied that helps in regenerating new skin cells. A vitamin C serum is then applied to make your skin supple and moisturized.
- For combination skin: If you are a person who has the worst of both worlds; dry and oily, then you should opt for a procedure that treats both at one go. A balancing facial that exfoliates the skin using ‘micro-dermabrasion’ (a procedure that involves spraying crystals with exfoliative properties on the face in order to eliminate dead cells of the epidermis) and using a serum to add nourishment to your skin can prove to be very effective. This procedure results in a healthy and radiant complexion.
- Skin that has been affected by the sun: For skin that has been affected by the sun, you can opt for a de-tan facial that will remove the dullness of your skin. Micro dermabrasion is used to exfoliate the skin and then a de-tan process is done. Aloe Vera is used to soothe and moisturize the skin followed by application of a Vitamin C serum. A face mask with applied to lighten the complexion of the skin. This is also applicable for skin that has been affected by pollution. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Im 21 years old. My skin colour is white but im having a mature look im missing that young look .friend are calling me as aunt r grandma often .please suggest some things so that I can have a young look.
Skin is the body's most expansive organ, but a few people know how to take care of their skin properly. Between media hype and amateur beauty tips, it is hard to differentiate between myths and reality.
The skin can get dull and result in acne and other breakouts if exposed to the sun or other environmental factors. Homeopathic treatments have one major advantage over other forms of treatment that is they do not have any side effects.
Some homeopathic treatments for getting clear skin are:
- Psorinum - People affected by overactive sebaceous glands, which results in excessive oil production benefit from using Psorinum. It will remove symptoms of greasy skin and pimples caused as a result of oily skin.
- Silicea - Silicea is a homeopathic medicine used when acne leaves deep marks on the skin. This treatment gets rid of the scars to give a clear skin.
- Sepia - Discoloration of the face caused due to liver disorders or hormonal imbalance is treated by Sepia. Sepia eliminates these discolorations and gives you clear and healthy skin.
- Sulphur - Symptoms of dry and scaly skin can be treated by sulphur. It can also be used to treat skin eruptions such as pimples and pimple marks.
- Bovista - Bovista is a homeopathic remedy used for disorders resulting from excessive use of cosmetics. Pimples and dark skin are problems caused by excessive cosmetic products use and treating these symptoms with bovista can help in achieving a clear and healthy skin.
Dr. I have a wheatish complexion I want to become fair I have done glutathione injection Iv n took up to 8 fails wid no results do I have another option for body whitening.
I would like to get clear glowing radiant skin, please suggest me some medication to get clear glowing skin from within and externally.
I have black spots on my face I have medicated for four months but there is no change how I get relief from spots.
Hi sir, Nowadays I suffering from anal fissure. I taken treatment from local doctor. Now, constipation has been cleared but the pain after faeces are not stopping. What I need to follow.
How to get rid off from dark spot on face, and get natural glow on face. Thankyou waiting for your reply.
Bladder cancer is characterized by irregular growth of abnormal tissue (tumor) on the lining of the bladder. This type of cancer may spread to the surrounding tissues or other body parts as well.
What are the causes?
Bladder cancer can be caused by environment-related factors and smoking. In fact, smoking tobacco is one of the major causes of bladder cancer around the world. The chemicals present in tobacco can irritate the bladder lining which ultimately leads to bladder cancer. It may also be caused by continuous exposure to chemicals such as dyes or leather dust and radiation. These chemicals tend to cause unusual changes in the cells of the bladder lining and causes cancer in the bladder.
It can also be caused by modifications in the dna in the cells of the bladder which may impair the functioning of the cells in the body. This can cause mutations in the bladder resulting in cancer.
What are the symptoms?
1. Presence of blood in the urine, often painless
2. Feeling of pain while passing urine
3. Back pain
4. Excessive urination
5. Infections in the urinary tract
6. Lower leg swelling
7. Pain in the bones, especially in the pelvic area
8. Weight loss
Treatments for bladder cancer depend on the stage of the cancer. The various treatment choices are:
Surgery - In some cases, these cancers are surgically removed by a surgeon. A type of surgery used is transurethral resection of bladder tumor (turbt) where the cancer cells are destroyed with laser by passing a thin fiber into the bladder.
Chemotherapy - In this method, medications are used to target and destroy cancer cells.
Radiation therapy - Radiation therapy uses rays such as x-ray or uv rays to destroy cancer cells in the body
Immunotherapy - This treatment boosts the immune system of the body so that it attacks the cancerous cells in the bladder.
How to cure my lip colour I am used to smoke everyday now I stopped it but now I want my lip colour (Pink)
A Simple Home Remedy for Shining our Facial Skin:-
Make the soaked Badam seeds a pasty form with the base of pure Milk without mixing water, And apply to the Face & also on the Neck, wait for a time of 15 to 30 minutes and then wash it away . Make this habit of doing weekly at least once, After minimum one month ,our Face will give a glittering shiningAny.Any age Male or Female can do this for Good shining of their FaceFor.For deatails can consult Prof Dr SudhakaraRao Vuppalapati.
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit: Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables: Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products: Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods: Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats: Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
All of us have the innate desire to age gracefully. We want to think like a 40 but look like a 20. Nevertheless, with few treatments, you can undo the signs of aging to restore your youthful glow.
Laser Treatment: This method uses laser beams to generate heat energy for stimulating growth of new collagen fibers. This leaves your skin supple and rejuvenated.
Botox Injections: One can do away with wrinkles by the use of unadulterated Botulinum toxin A. When injected in a small amount, they block the nerves and prevent contraction of the muscles. Hence, the skin appears less wrinkled and even smoother.
Chemical Peel: Here, the doctor coats the affected areas of the skin with acid, thus causing microscopic exfoliation & new collagen formation and eliminating lines, creases and age spots.
Dermabrasion: The procedure requires sanding the epidermis (upper skin layer) with the help of a rotating brush done with Aluminium Oxide Crystals. A new skin layer eventually replaces the old one that gets removed in the process.
Face-lift: The method involves eliminating the excess skin and fat from the neck and the lower face, thus helping to tighten up the connective tissue and the underlying muscle.
Soft Tissue Fillers: Soft tissue fillers including hyaluronic acid, collagen and fat can be injected into the creases on the face. This helps to plump and level out the furrows.
Anti-ageing treatments address and treat the following skin issues associated with age:
Loss of one’s skin firmness
Reduced elasticity of the skin
Increased skin dryness
Pigmentation disorders, such as uneven pigmentation or age spots
Loss of skin radiance
Increased vulnerability to rashes and bruises
Greater translucency resulting in visibility of the veins
Increased redness due to enlarged blood vessels
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.