Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SivaYour feedback matters!
Sir ; I have too many pimples on my face My skin type is oily and little and little bit dry, what should I do to avoid these pimples.
Hi . I have got boil on my left inner thigh . I get boils on a regular basis . Kindly provide me with some medicines so that it is healed very quickly . Also kindly update me with the reason behind that thanks.
I was looking fair. From 2 years my face became black. Uneven tone, lifeless. Pls give solution to regain my complexion. I want to become fair.
Many factors come into play when evaluating the health of our biggest organ, the skin. It is always exposed to external elements and hence sustains most potential damage. When choosing the proper treatments and products to enhance your skin, you should take into consideration such factors as skin pigmentation, acne, fine lines, wrinkles, skin sensitivities, oiliness or dryness. Exfoliation procedures can be physical or chemical. Which is best for you? The best way to decide on Microdermabrasion vs Chemical Peel is to review the benefits and expectations of each procedure.
Microdermabrasion is the most common physical method for removing the very superficial level of the skin. It is a manual exfoliation of the epidermis to remove dead skin cells, debris and impurities. Normally, an instrument, which combines suction and a wand made of diamond or small crystal particles, is used to remove these from the skin.
Microdermabrasion produces instant results, but may not be a good choice for inflamed, sensitive or rosacea type skin. In such cases look for resurfacing methods that utilize a dermafile, a manual exfoliation using diamond files. This technique reduces breakage of capillaries in someone with thin or sensitive skin. Microdermabrasion encourages collagen stimulation and a more rapid cell turnover in the skin.
Microdermabrasion wands consist of two main types:
- Crystal tip – A mixture of fine aluminum crystals are used to abrade the skin, as the cells and debris are blown away.
- Diamond tip – Very fine diamond particles are used to remove any dead cells, oils, or debris, as these are also suctioned away.
What can I expect from Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion should leave the skin’s surface velvety smooth, soft, bright and glowing. This rejuvenation method is instant and in rare cases, a pinkness or sensitivity may occur a few hours directly after the procedure, lasting less than 24 hours. Microdermabrasion is a workhorse of all rejuvenation procedures. Although it is primarily used on the face, it can be used on any part of the body, from the neck to chest, to hands, etc. Microdermabrasion is frequently done on the same day prior to other rejuvenation procedures for maximum benefits.
Chemical peels use topical applications of peeling solutions to rejuvenate the skin, address fine lines and wrinkles, pigmentation, tone and texture. They allow for cells that make collagen to function more effectively and remove any damage caused by the sun and other external forces that always act on our skin. Chemical peels are the preferred method in general for the treatment of the following;
- Counter fine lines and wrinkles
- Issues with skin pigmentation due to age or sun damage
- Acne and some acne scars
- General improvement in the skin’s texture, tightness and overall appearance
How do Chemical Peels work?
Whenever we take a step outside, or take a ride in a car our skin is exposed to harsh elements, pollutants, and harmful ultraviolet rays. With exposure to these elements, the skin is potentially damaged, leading to the aged appearance.
Chemical peels remove damaged cells; stimulate the growth of the new skin cells and collagen production. Different peels are used for different purposes. They can and should be customized for each patient’s particular skin types and problems. There are wonderful new combination peels that are safe, effective and have minimal down time. Anyone undergoing a chemical peel must stay out of the sun from 6 – 10 days and needless to say continue to use sun block.
Microdermabrasion vs Chemical Peel
It is always best to consult your physician when determining what will work best for your individual case and to help you accomplish your rejuvenation and/or skin-improvement goals.
Since 3 years, mere body me sujan hai. I have tried many doctors but no result. Especially in winter season I face this problem.
I am 25 year old male. When I have travelled on bile 70-100 km, next day in blooding in bathroom after motion. Please guide.
What makes you prone to Acne?
Acne is a disorder which is characterized by small red bumps on the skin or occluded pores in the skin such as blackheads. It can make people conscious of their appearance and result in low self-esteem and anxiety. It usually affects people who fall in the age group of 12-25, but sometimes older people also get affected.
There are various factors that makes the skin prone to acne. Acne occurs when overactive sebaceous glands (glands that produce oil in the skin) produce excess oil and the dead skin cells clog the pores of the hair follicle present in the skin. Inflammation occurs in the clogged hair follicle resulting in acne.
Some causes that makes your skin prone to acne are:
- Diet: Following a proper diet is a key factor in keeping your skin healthy. Food usually doesn't cause acne directly but can cause other problems such as greasy skin that are linked with acne. However, foods high in iodides such as seaweeds consumed over time can cause acne.
- Stress: Stress is another major cause that makes your skin prone to acne. When the body is stressed, it produces excessive testosterone (a sex hormone) resulting in excessive oil production. Stress also impairs the immune system of the body so that it becomes vulnerable to acne.
- Cosmetics: Some cosmetics (usually oil based) tend to clog the pores of the skin which may result in acne. Using harsh cleansing agents can dry and irritate the skin. Also, gentle washing of the skin is recommended to avoid breakouts.
- Hormones: Changes in hormonal balance can cause acne especially in the beginning of puberty. In some cases, women are affected by acne when the menstrual cycle stops. The acne caused by hormonal changes may also be genetic in nature.